Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd Test: Australia v England at Adelaide

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes Haddin and Clarke might push on to 400 but not probable. Carbs' chance was easy, it happens. The other 2 half chances at best. Also Aussies only have one recognised spinner on a very slow pitch. Aussies shading it but only just.

That will be their spinner that got 4-63 in the last test on a non-turner, compared to Swann's 2-215!

There is no way they're only just shading it at 273-5. We don't look like making 200 at the moment. 70 more runs, or anything above 350 for me, and they are completely in the driving seat. On this pitch we will have done something miraculous to take 5 wickets for less than 70 or 80 runs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
One positive note I'd like to add in all my negativity, is that Cook appears to be learning some lessons from the summer and is being much more thoughtful and experimental in the field. Good to see.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One positive note I'd like to add in all my negativity, is that Cook appears to be learning some lessons from the summer and is being much more thoughtful and experimental in the field. Good to see.

Well that's good, because, that's where this England team are spending a lot of their time this series.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm thinking of setting my alarm for a little earlier, I'm pretty confident England will be batting by the time I wake, not sure which innings though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm thinking of setting my alarm for a little earlier, I'm pretty confident England will be batting by the time I wake, not sure which innings though.

I'm bloody hoping we'll be batting before I go to sleep! Did my usual last night and fell asleep on the sofa during the lunch break, and woke up after tea missing the whole afternoon session :facepalm:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm bloody hoping we'll be batting before I go to sleep! Did my usual last night and fell asleep on the sofa during the lunch break, and woke up after tea missing the whole afternoon session :facepalm:

God works in mysterious ways.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I really enjoyed Day 1. The drop in pitch is an unknown factor for the next 4 days. So Day 2 and all to play for.

Dropped catches. Pietersen dropped numerous catches in 2005 and we lost the First Test in 2005. In the end Shane Warne may have dropped the Ashes at Second slip at The Oval BUT we are a long way from the end of this Series. The fight is on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I really enjoyed Day 1. The drop in pitch is an unknown factor for the next 4 days. So Day 2 and all to play for.

Dropped catches. Pietersen dropped numerous catches in 2005 and we lost the First Test in 2005. In the end Shane Warne may have dropped the Ashes at Second slip at The Oval BUT we are a long way from the end of this Series. The fight is on.

I admire your spirit Knocky, in 1914 we had lots of people like you, not so many in 1918 though.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
We lost more in Gallipoli than the ANZAC Forces but then the Turks lost around 250,000 of the 500,000 dead. A real disaster but Cricket and drinking with Australians, despite their numerous faults, is great fun.

Win or lose I am enjoying this more than the home Series and I sense we have not got into gear yet. I would also rather lose a tight contest than thrash them. wait till you see Mitch bowl to the right, bowl to the left etc tomorrow and we are back on course. Bed now as have to get up soon.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
That will be their spinner that got 4-63 in the last test on a non-turner, compared to Swann's 2-215!

There is no way they're only just shading it at 273-5. We don't look like making 200 at the moment. 70 more runs, or anything above 350 for me, and they are completely in the driving seat. On this pitch we will have done something miraculous to take 5 wickets for less than 70 or 80 runs.

I agree we didnt look like making 200 in the first test but this is the second test, different wicket. Yes Lyon bowled well but he has been as inconsistent as well. This is a 400+ par wicket, if we get them out for less it will be a good result.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Here we go then. Early wickets pretty important I think. If these 2 get settled we're in the doo doo.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A wicket looks about as likely as an Albion goal did in the first half last tuesday :down:

Think I'll give it another half hour.....

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Think I'll retire for the night. Even if we got them all out before lunch then we all know that we'll have a batting collapse again and will fail to make the follow on :(

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
We have to get Michael Clarke out soon otherwise the Aussies are going to rack up a big innings score and the pressure on our batting is going to be very intense. I'm fearing the worst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here