26,000 + ...... really?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Match by match was also too high last yr imo. Tickets should be 25 tops. We would def sell out most games for me if there was 20-25 quid tickets available every game. Anyone who thinks 30-43 pounds iacceptable for a game is part of the problem imo. Yes you don't have to pay quite as much if the tickets are available but the fact is those tickets are still on sale at that disgusting price....

If match day prices drop to £25, season ticket sales will probably drop by huge numbers.

Paul barber had a footballing business brain which NO ONE on this forum can compete with.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Where did I say that??? I said I wouldn't pay it.......I said in a round about sort of way that money across the board is very tight and I honestly believe this is a major factor in people not going. A day out at football doesn't begin and end at the money coming out of the bank every month. If you want to have a few pints and something to eat, you probably need another £30 notes on the day and I believe this is stopping a lot of people going.

Are you saying that people with season tickets are choosing not to go at all because they can't afford the food and drink? Surely they'd still go and just not buy a pie and a pint.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I bet the people who suggest dropping prices to increase sales don't run their own company.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I myself as a season ticket holder have no problem with the club selling tickets to people cheaper than what I've paid.

A. The attendance will be bigger and we can generate an atmosphere behind south goal to help the team

B. Let people who can't afford current ticket prices go to the game. Don't want to lose grass roots working class support to corporate big wigs!

If you could buy match by match tickets for cheaper or the same price as a season ticket, then no-one, not even the most die-hard supporter, would buy a season ticket.

Looking at yesterday's crowds, the usual BIG crowd draws of Leeds 26,465, BHA 26,319 & Derby 21,465 appear on the list today.

Only 4 teams left now. Leeds, BHA, Sheffield W & Derby who have attracted 20,000+ for every home game.

Only BHA have had more than 25,000 for all their home games.

Leeds are the most popular team, with the big gates (6 times) 20,000+ gates (home/away). Followed. By BHA, Derby, (5 times).

Are Burnley the biggest draw away from home? They have experienced bigger away crowds than anyone else (4 times).

There have been 24 league matches, so far, where the attendance has exceeded 20,000

These are:

3rd Aug Leeds 2 1 BHA 33,432
31st Aug BHA 1 1 Millwall 26,804
21st Sep Leeds 1 2 Burnley 26,465
21st Sep BHA 3 1 Bolton 26,319
10th Aug BHA 1 2 Derby 26,238
24th Aug BHA 2 0 Burnley 26,007
3rd Aug Nott F 1 0 Huddersfield 25,535
17th Aug Leeds 1 1 Sheff W 23,766
31st Aug Derby 0 3 Burnley 23,514
17th Aug Derby 0 1 Leicester 23,437
31st Aug Leeds 0 1 QPR 23,341
11th Aug Leicester 0 0 Leeds 22,725
14th Sep Sheffield W 1 1 Yeovil 22,328
17th Aug Nott F 3 0 Bolton 22,306
10th Aug Sheff W 1 2 Burnley 22,282
13th Sep Leicester 2 0 Wigan 21,810
21st Sep Derby 1 3 Reading 21,465
24th Aug Leicester 3 2 Birmingham 21,229
4th Aug Derby 1 1 Blackburn 21,188
13th Sep Nott F 3 2 Barnsley 21,181
18th Sep Reading 1 0 Leeds 21,167
17th Aug Reading 3 3 Watford 20,875
3rd Aug Reading 2 1 Ipswich 20,456
24th Aug Sheff W 2 2 Millwall 20,009

Blackpool, Bournemouth, Middlesbrough, Doncaster, Charlton fans & players are yet to experience a 20,000+ crowd!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Are people forgetting the ground holds 31,000 now. :shrug:

Even if 25,000 turned up yesterday that's still an amazing turnout for a mid-table team in the 2nd division.

It is unbelievable that we have identical threads for EVERY home game and all of the whiners always seem to ignore this fact. The Albion ARE SELLING 26,000 TICKETS for just about every home game. If people pay but don't show-who cares? The money is in the bank.

There is absolutely NOTHING negative about ticket sales of 26,000+ every home game. Nothing. Some of you need to understand what has happened to this football club in recent times-it is frigging amazing-enjoy it for phuck's sake.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It is unbelievable that we have identical threads for EVERY home game and all of the whiners always seem to ignore this fact. The Albion ARE SELLING 26,000 TICKETS for just about every home game. If people pay but don't show-who cares? The money is in the bank.

There is absolutely NOTHING negative about ticket sales of 26,000+ every home game. Nothing. Some of you need to understand what has happened to this football club in recent times-it is frigging amazing-enjoy it for phuck's sake.

Absolutely this, and we haven't even played anyone that's even come close to filling the away allocation yet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bet the people who suggest dropping prices to increase sales don't run their own company.

Does price not affect sales then?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
My East Stand Upper season ticket on the halfway line works out under £28 per game, less £4.80 saving on the train fare, means the cost is about £23 for a very good seat.

I consider this decent value.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does price not affect sales then?

Dropping match day tickets to a low price when games don't sell out will affect season ticket sales next season. Commercial madness to sell tickets at knock down prices when you have 23000 season ticket holders. At the moment you have people who can't afford or are not willing to pay match day prices, that's a shame but you'd risk pissing of the 23,000 who do by making them decide it was better value to wait until the week of the game come renewal time? Crazy

We'd be better off GIVING tickets to schools in Sussex about a week before the games IMO.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why not just have reasonable match day pricing, while keeping ST's good value at the same time. Something like £27-£33 would be reasonable, and if that brought in 1,000 more punters it would pay for itself - but I'm sure it would bring in a lot more than that. £43 is just obscene, anyone who pays that is either a mug or is made out of money.

Why do you always mention the £43 ticket and no other priced seats?

There are cheaper than £43 tickets although if you were people's only source of Albion info they'd never know.

Just to balance things up a little: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/tickets-sheff-weds-3229-989659.pdf

Oh look, Forest tickets appear to be the same price-how can that be? I thought the club only sold tickets for £43. http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/tickets-forest-2229-990369.pdf

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Some people call for an away end. I think it's a shame we can't have a section for the people who week in week out moan at our HUGE crowds. Having supported us for 40 years now I am all too aware that our crowds are likely at some point to dip. Will these threads still be going as 'There was no way today's crowd was 15000.'?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sheff Wed is a category B game, so it is a couple of quid cheaper. East & West stands are £41, the front rows of WSL next to the SW corner are £37, and the "cheap" tickets in the NE and SW corners are £31.

Go have a look at the online ticket office stadium plan, and tell me which seats you think are value for money - because the reality is that none of them are. £31 would be reasonable, but not for amongst the worst seats in the ground.

The reality is that you keep going on about £43 tickets when there are thousands that are nowhere near £43.

As for 'worst seats in the ground'. Have you ever been away with the Albion? Seriously. Our 'worst seats' are better than most club's 'best seats'.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Definitely. Match day tickets sales have been piss poor this season, averaging around 3000 out of a possible 7000 - not a coincidence that this massive drop has occurred with the obscene pricing introduced this season.

The ONLY reason for the drop is that we are not challenging at the top. The only way this will be proved is when/if we get back into a play off place. With the way we play and the well known fickleness of the casual fan I have no doubts we will sell out, especially for the bigger games should this happen. I hope we get into the top few as I think this is the only coincidence, but this needs to happen to prove my point. History of following the Albion, when we were at the Goldstone, will bear this out IMO.

We played most of last season with a capacity below what we are now selling too, you need to bear in mind.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sheff Wed is a category B game, so it is a couple of quid cheaper. East & West stands are £41, the front rows of WSL next to the SW corner are £37, and the "cheap" tickets in the NE and SW corners are £31.

Go have a look at the online ticket office stadium plan
, and tell me which seats you think are value for money - because the reality is that none of them are. £31 would be reasonable, but not for amongst the worst seats in the ground.

This one you mean?

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/matchday-ticket-prices-2013-14-final-4229-989574.pdf

You really do need to find another club to 'support' because this one is clearly not working out for you. If they offered free tickets you'd probably moan about something.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Go have a look at the online ticket office stadium plan, and tell me which seats you think are value for money - because the reality is that none of them are. £31 would be reasonable, but not for amongst the worst seats in the ground.

The 'worst' seats in the ground actually give a very good view. We've paid similar prices at away games for views that were obstructed by pillars or, as was the case last week, where you couldn't even see all of the pitch - and that's without subsidised travel included in the price of your ticket.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports