Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

26,000 + ...... really?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Try this: http://www.seagulls.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productHome.aspx

Click on "view stadium plan" for an idea of what's actually available.

I'm not a moaner, it's clear to everyone that match day ticket prices are obscene. I think it's fair to assume that the drop in match day ticket sales have coincided with the rise in the prices. I can only speak for myself and my friends, but the only games I've bought tickets for officially this season so far was Burnley & Blackburn (£25, category C - good prices) and the other game I have attended I bought unofficially and I will be going down that route again - I would much rather give my money to the club, but not at those prices.

Maybe when we make the Premier League and you find yourself affected by a price increase, you'll go and support another club - but I'm loyal to the Albion and always will be, regardless of CEO decisions

You are a moaner, you're a serial moaner.

It's not clear to me that ticket prices are "obscene". What a ridiculous word to use, a completely hysterical over reaction.

The club have a business model implimented by far more astute business brains than yours. They have a product that has been pitched to attract 23k season ticket holders, an achievement that most club chairmen outside the Premier League (and quite a few in it) would give their right arm for.

We are becoming a big club and with that there will be gaps in the stands as season ticket holders don't always attend. The club won't sell those seats at knock down prices, they would devalue the product for the 23K who think it is good value at the levels they are currently pitched at.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Try this: http://www.seagulls.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productHome.aspx

I'm not a moaner, it's clear to everyone that match day ticket prices are obscene. I think it's fair to assume that the drop in match day ticket sales have coincided with the rise in the prices. I can only speak for myself and my friends, but the only games I've bought tickets for officially this season so far was Burnley & Blackburn (£25, category C - good prices) and the other game I have attended I bought unofficially and I will be going down that route again - I would much rather give my money to the club, but not at those prices.

Maybe when we make the Premier League and you find yourself affected by a price increase, you'll go and support another club - but I'm loyal to the Albion and always will be, regardless of CEO decisions

Then stop phucking moaning at every opportunity.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Why not just have reasonable match day pricing, while keeping ST's good value at the same time. Something like £27-£33 would be reasonable, and if that brought in 1,000 more punters it would pay for itself - but I'm sure it would bring in a lot more than that. £43 is just obscene, anyone who pays that is either a mug or is made out of money.

Without being rude, I am quite wealthy, but can't attend more than half of matches in a season. If I buy a premium ticket at a football match or at the opera, I don't want to or expect to sit next to riff raff. Much prefer an empty seat next to me than a commoner. Not being snobby, but the premium seats are there for a reason.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Without being rude, I am quite wealthy, but can't attend more than half of matches in a season. If I buy a premium ticket at a football match or at the opera, I don't want to or expect to sit next to riff raff. Much prefer an empty seat next to me than a commoner. Not being snobby, but the premium seats are there for a reason.

Surely a wind-up?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Brilliant! :lolol: :thumbsup:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
One thing I have wondered about is what's happening with the nw upper wing? I thought it was for school but haven't even seen it used once. Seems a waste.

el punal

Not again! Bums on seats does not equate to tickets sold - for which the club state as the attendance. As we've sold 24,000+/- season tickets it's a fair assumption that we will never go below 26,000 for a home league match. I agree with you about the number attending - possibly 23,000?

Jan 30, 2008
the novelty has worn off plus moneys tight , too bigger age gap appearing in who turns out these days, either the WERTHERS gang or PARENTS WITH children all the 18-25 have been priced out FACT !!!
regards
DR

Last edited:

el punal

I agree.

Why can we not have an on-the-morning special purchase price for students and under 21s? ???

I think they do. When it came to renewing season tickets, after all the stadium expansion had been completed, that certain parts of the ground were to be allocated to students for certain games - although to be purchased in advance.

It would be interesting if someone has any more info. on this.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure what surprises me more. The fact that this attendance question seems to come up after every home game or the fact that that the same people reply with the same points every week! 4 pages and counting?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I went to the home games against Burnley and Millwall and with the booking fee the total cost was £59 for a cat A and a cat C. If you take off the £4 a game transport levy the matchday price is near enough the same as what is charged at other Championship clubs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Definitely. Match day tickets sales have been piss poor this season, averaging around 3000 out of a possible 7000 - not a coincidence that this massive drop has occurred with the obscene pricing introduced this season.

Perhaps the main reason is we have added another thousand or so STH's , they won't be buying matchday tickets.

I went to the home games against Burnley and Millwall and with the booking fee the total cost was £59 for a cat A and a cat C. If you take off the £4 a game transport levy the matchday price is near enough the same as what is charged at other Championship clubs.

I've said it time and time again. The people on here that moan about the price of a matchday ticket are the same people who booze away their money, gamble, smoke, and have hi tech gadgets coming out of their a**holes. Priorities.

Jan 30, 2008
I've said it time and time again. The people on here that moan about the price of a matchday ticket are the same people who booze away their money, gamble, smoke, and have hi tech gadgets coming out of their a**holes. Priorities.
HARK AT MYSTIC MEG :dunce:
regards
DR

To make individual match ticket prices more competitive why not just add approximately three pounds to the price that the individual match would cost to a season ticket holder? For example I'm in the WSL and my season ticket costs £27.17 per match. So you'd sell individual tickets for £30.00 for that particular area of the stadium.

Coupled with reversing the decision to categorise matches this would keep season ticket holders happy and hopefully attract more punters for individual matches.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
To make individual match ticket prices more competitive why not just add approximately three pounds to the price that the individual match would cost to a season ticket holder? For example I'm in the WSL and my season ticket costs £27.17 per match. So you'd sell individual tickets for £30.00 for that particular area of the stadium.

Coupled with reversing the decision to categorise matches this would keep season ticket holders happy and hopefully attract more punters for individual matches.

Hear what you are saying but I don't think any clubs, in the top two leagues, would do that for only £3. They want to hold on to the main income. ie the Season Ticket Holders.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Go have a look at the online ticket office stadium plan, and tell me which seats you think are value for money - because the reality is that none of them are. £31 would be reasonable, but not for amongst the worst seats in the ground.
Leicester is Cat A... just been online and snapped up 6 lovely seats together in the North Stand - Row W so will be a great view.

£33 a piece. Feels a bit expensive but when you knock off the train ticket and get the real price down into the £20s then it is fine and not very off-putting.

Hear what you are saying but I don't think any clubs, in the top two leagues, would do that for only £3. They want to hold on to the main income. ie the Season Ticket Holders.

Why would a season ticket holder at the Albion swap their season ticket for twenty three matches that would cost them sixty nine pounds more over the course of the season using my pricing structure?

If three pounds is not enough then why not a fiver? That would still mean a ticket where I sit would cost thirty two pounds.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pricing is spot on. Although there should be like 3 match packs for like £70.

26000xave price 30 is about 20% more income than 30000xave price 20.

Also the pricing encourages GUARANTEED season ticket income regardless of performance hence why we have the 9th most in England. (Season tickets are affordable for 95% of people at less than £50 per month).

Hats off to paul barber.

This.

Don't get the moaning.

We are averaging around our best ever average attendance in the club's existence. That's the best part of 1000 years, according to my calculations. Ahem.

Put yer pants on and make me a cuppa (etc).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here