Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

******2010 World's Hardest Creature Competition- Official Nominations Thread******

I would like to nominate the Wolverine, well hard and would give a Honey Badger a run for it's money.

Would also like to propose that mammals be split into small and large categories (as a rule of thumb, if a creature is phsychotic, but still small enought to be, in theory, kept in your house, it is small) and also a separate venoumous creatures category be created, for which I would like to nominate the saw scaled viper.

Oct 25, 2003
here we go with the MOSQUITO nonsense

it's only hard because it spreads disease, that's not hard, it's just DIRTY

then again, if someone seconds it, it WILL make it into the contest

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
06_04.jpg

I will nominate the Darwin beetle AKA the rape beetle, after catching this great beast on BBC Ones 'LIFE'... This beetle has to climb a tree, at the top of the tree is the Female, to get to the top he has to run what can only be described as the west street guantlette, fighting other beetle climbing the tree who are all trying to bone the female, once the Darwin beetle wins, he chucks them off the tree, what a winner... but this doesnt stop there, once the lucky male reached the top he then tried to woo her but the fussy bitch wasnt intrested, so he caught her with his big fang like arms, and rapes her, once he is done with her he then threw her off the tree too. now thats hard. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I was going to nominate said Darwin of Beetle Fame, but my work here is done. NAILS

Oct 25, 2003
I would like to nominate the Wolverine, well hard and would give a Honey Badger a run for it's money.

Would also like to propose that mammals be split into small and large categories (as a rule of thumb, if a creature is phsychotic, but still small enought to be, in theory, kept in your house, it is small) and also a separate venoumous creatures category be created, for which I would like to nominate the saw scaled viper.

the mammals may have to be split in two if there's a shit load of them, it'll all depend on numbers

any snake would be in the "lizard/amphibian" pot

remember, each "pot" is not the groups.....there will be one from each pot in each group (depending on numbers)

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
here we go with the MOSQUITO nonsense

it's only hard because it spreads disease, that's not hard, it's just DIRTY

then again, if someone seconds it, it WILL make it into the contest

But, if there are questions to be asked. Do we have any idea how HARD the Colossal Squid is? Never been catched, probably hardly ever seen. Who f***ing knows what this piece of jelly meat can do.

Mosquito in.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
That Japanese Wasp photo and the spider are truly terrifying. I am never opening page 2 of this thread again.

Oct 25, 2003
But, if there are questions to be asked. Do we have any idea how HARD the Colossal Squid is? Never been catched, probably hardly ever seen. Who f***ing knows what this piece of jelly meat can do.

Mosquito in.

of course, it is up to the voters interpretation of what "hard" constitutes

in my view, the mozzie is not, but if someone seconds it, it is in and will be put under public SCRUTINY

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town

Question: Would you go head to head with the Colossal Squid, if you had underwater gear on so you could breathe and that?

Because let's be honest this contest is about speculation more than any scientific fact THEREFORE Colossal Squid would totally kick you and every other beastie in this poll IN THE NUTS

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

Mosquito in.

Nah, I'm not buying that at all.
I think the best way of measuring the HARDNESS of an animal is what I call 'the Littlehampton beach test'.

If you saw a Tiger at Littlehampton beach you would probably run - HARD.

If you saw a Colossal Squid at Littlehampton beach you would shit your pants - HARD.

If you saw a Mosquito at Littlehampton beach, you would swat it and promptly forget that it ever existed - not hard.

The Littlehampton Beach test. Possibly the most accurate way of measuring an animals hardness ever.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Question: Would you go head to head with the Colossal Squid, if you had underwater gear on so you could breathe and that?

Because let's be honest this contest is about speculation more than any scientific fact THEREFORE Colossal Squid would totally kick you and every other beastie in this poll IN THE NUTS

I can't swim :down:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
of course, it is up to the voters interpretation of what "hard" constitutes

in my view, the mozzie is not, but if someone seconds it, it is in and will be put under public SCRUTINY

I think guidelines need to be set so that the honey'pussy'badger fans can't throw their annual strop when it loses to a butterfly.

I think fearlessness, aggression(either random aggression or when provoked), destruction wrought should be big factors.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Nah, I'm not buying that at all.
I think the best way of measuring the HARDNESS of an animal is what I call 'the Littlehampton beach test'.

If you saw a Tiger at Littlehampton beach you would probably run - HARD.

If you saw a Colossal Squid at Littlehampton beach you would shit your pants - HARD.

If you saw a Mosquito at Littlehampton beach, you would swat is and promptly forget that it ever existed - not hard.

The Littlehampton Beach test. Possibly the most accurate way of measuring an animals hardness ever.

This is purely about SIZE. This test would not work for either of the beatles, so are you also ruling them out?

Oct 25, 2003
i think some types of creature are gonna have to be grouped together, for example, salt & fresh water crocs are being grouped under the title "crocodile)

so far:

Pool A (Land Mammals): Tiger, Hippo, Cape Buffalo, Honey Badger
Pool B (Fish/Sea Mammals): Great White Shark, Bull Shark, Colossal Squid
Pool C (Lizards/Amphibians): Komodo Dragon, Crocodile
Pool D (birds/insects/other): Bombadier Beetle, Darwin Beetle, Brazilian Wandering Spider, Japanese Hornet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here