Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
talking to a bloke in the boozer today who's been banned from the east stand after being grassed up, been supporting the Albion at the Goldstone , Gillingham and Withdean ,SAID IT'S ALL GONE DOWN HILL SUPPORTING THE CLUB SINCE WE'VE BEEN AT THE AMEX, nothing to do with HEBBARD and his cronies is it ???
regards
DR

Was his name Bigbelly ?

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Quite enjoying this cos still in pub on way home from game. Try and join in when I get home, chauffeur wants to get home to his kids

Jan 30, 2008
Why are you so angry at people who want to pay more ?
The club needs corporate customers and 1901 customers as its big revenue for the club. With financial fairplay on the horizon this is crucial. You can sit in the east stand and pay standard price. The club needs all kinds of supporters. No point getting angry because you consider yourself more of a true fan. Everyone who buys a ticket has the right to support the team how they want.
SAM I'M NOT SAYING I'M A BETTER FAN, BUT I AM A FAN ,YOU COULDN'T SAY THAT ABOUT SOME OF THE SORTS WE'VE ATTRACTED :wink:
regards
DR

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Why are you so angry at people who want to pay more ?
The club needs corporate customers and 1901 customers as its big revenue for the club. With financial fairplay on the horizon this is crucial. You can sit in the east stand and pay standard price. The club needs all kinds of supporters. No point getting angry because you consider yourself more of a true fan. Everyone who buys a ticket has the right to support the team how they want.

I'm not angry because people are able and choose to pay more. That's fair enough. They've earnt their money and are entitled to spend it how they choose.

That isn't what I've said at all.

Jan 30, 2008
Going to the Goldstone apparently. Picture the scene ''going to the Albion are ya. I used to go to the Goldstone , forty years man and boy. Got grassed up didn't I, hardest job in the world''.[/QUOTE you clearly haven't got a clue ,OUT OF YOUR DEPTH ON THIS ONE OLD BOY :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
I'm mostly arguing because you assumed a steward had told me to sit down. Petty, yes, but I'm feeling like having a moan.

Ok can understand that but you have to acknowledge tat you can encounter the 'idiot' spectator any where and im getting so fed up with the 1901 threads that try to suggest that ALL 1901 supporters are mindless corporate drones! Maybe I'm just lucky to be surrounded by life long Albion fans that were at Goldstone, Priestfield and Withdean.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Ok can understand that but you have to acknowledge tat you can encounter the 'idiot' spectator any where and im getting so fed up with the 1901 threads that try to suggest that ALL 1901 supporters are mindless corporate drones! Maybe I'm just lucky to be surrounded by life long Albion fans that were at Goldstone, Priestfield and Withdean.

Ok, fair enough. I'm generalising a fair bit and am a wee bit "merry" after a good result.

I'm sure it's not all bad but the people I had the misfortune to be surrounded by may as well have stayed home for all the efrort they put in.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Ok, fair enough. I'm generalising a fair bit and am a wee bit "merry" after a good result.

I'm sure it's not all bad but the people I had the misfortune to be surrounded by may as well have stayed home for all the efrort they put in.

What effort were you expecting? Where in 1901 were you sitting?

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing

Obviously you were in a corporate seat so bound to be surrounded by the same. I can understand that and there are a few I know, but luckily none around me. but at the end of the day it's still company's putting money into the club and who knows some of the jcl's might actually get the bug.
I did actually have one experience when standing up and applauding as the teams came on the pitch. The person who sits behind me was on holiday and given his to tickets to someone else. This arsehole started poking me in the back and telling me to sit down because he couldn't see. I totally ignored it until I thought appropriate to sit down and then turned around and told him it was etiquette to cheer the teams on to the pitch and if he ever poked me in the back again exactly what I would do to him. Ok he was quiet after that. We're all fans

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
listen to this one then !!, my mate was asked to stop leaning forward in his seat by some bell end in 1901 , mate told him in no uncertain way what he thought of him and was quite happy to take it further, we've got some prize knobs in there by all accounts ,time to reclaim football back :rant:
regards
DR

This is True!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here