Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Less programme, £43 per match.:cheers:

Certainly not bad value when you put it like that. Even better if we were to get promoted within these 5 years.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
+ if you get the seat for life (£1000) and then we make it to the premiership at some point you could sell the seat if you wanted too for a big tasty profit!

D

Deleted User X18H

So let's see if I've got the maths right...

£500 (is this plus or including VAT?) upfront fee - good for 5 years.

£76+VAT per month - is that 12 months per year, or only when the season is on?

Total cost (assuming you can't reclaim VAT) = £5,792.00, or (and let's assume 23 league matches, three cup matches per season) £45.94 per match.

Excluding VAT is the phrase I think you're after and it is.

So you add 20% on to your 76 quid monthly DD but only 17.5% to your membership fee.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
all all the carling cup games are thrown in for free first chance tickets to all games like

Unless this has been answered anywhere else, ALL Albion home match tickets are included, regardless of cup, round, etc, the only Albion tickets that will be charged extra for are testimonials.

There is also the guaranteed opportunity to buy tickets for every other event at the stadium, whether that be concerts or England U21s, 1901 Club members are guraranteed a ticket, which they will have to pay for.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I got 2 and yes I think it is a bargain, after the all the crap we have had to put up with over the past 10, can I afford it, maybe not, but its is my hobby and respect everyones views, but I agree with Phil that I think most of the 1901 members will be fans that just want a bit of class. and if you have to work in a office in Crawley with a Northern git who keeps losing and regaining his Albion Mojo, then I deserve a bit of luxury............

I got 2 and yes I think it is a bargain, after the all the crap we have had to put up with over the past 10, can I afford it, maybe not, but its is my hobby and respect everyones views, but I agree with Phil that I think most of the 1901 members will be fans that just want a bit of class. and if you have to work in a office in Crawley with a Northern git who keeps losing and regaining his Albion Mojo, then I deserve a bit of luxury............

:bowdown:

:bowdown: is the new "This" you know.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So let's see if I've got the maths right...

£500 (is this plus or including VAT?) upfront fee - good for 5 years.

£76+VAT per month - is that 12 months per year, or only when the season is on?

Total cost (assuming you can't reclaim VAT) = £5,792.00, or (and let's assume 23 league matches, three cup matches per season) £45.94 per match.

£76 is for the gold tickets. These do not have the restaurant option, I believe. Platinum is £99, Platinum Plus is £125. You will need to add 20% VAT to these prices as well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I thought it was 10 concerts a year. Might be wrong.

Pretty sure MP said 2, but he then had a glint in his eye and said, 'we'll see about that though once we're in there'

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
£76 is for the gold tickets. These do not have the restaurant option, I believe. Platinum is £99, Platinum Plus is £125. You will need to add 20% VAT to these prices as well.

For Platinum, (and for the sake of this argument making a direct comparison with Gold) over the same initial five year period, it's

£1,175 (inclusive of VAT)

£99+VAT per month.

Total cost (assuming you can't reclaim VAT) = £8,303.00, or (and let's assume 23 league matches, three cup matches per season) £63.86 per match.

However, for a direct comparison that's a bit misleading. The price, after you take out the £1,000 upfront payment works out at £54.83 per match.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

You still get access to restaurants, buffet and bars with Gold membership, beverages and food not included. I believe platinum was basically the blocks on the half way line.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is Platinum Plus? I've never even heard of it.

There are two rows immediately behind the director's box which span the width of the director's box. These are Platinum Plus at £125 plus VAT. Same benefits and restaurant access at Platinum seats.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Kinda agree with that, I had the money to join, I went and picked the seat and everything.

Then my 7 year old twins said they wanted to come, and my 4 year old too, now I have a reasonable job but I cannot afford 4 premium seats! I regret not having gone for it, but hopefully my kids will get the Albion bug and we'll have 3 more Seagulls fans for life, if that happens, my personal sacrifice will have been well worth it!

I thought about buying the seat as an investment but the Mrs wasn't having any of it !!

It would be useful to know how much the family stand prices will be for the Amex

For Platinum, (and for the sake of this argument making a direct comparison with Gold) over the same initial five year period, it's

£1,175 (inclusive of VAT)

£99+VAT per month.

Total cost (assuming you can't reclaim VAT) = £8,303.00, or (and let's assume 23 league matches, three cup matches per season) £63.86 per match.

However, for a direct comparison that's a bit misleading. The price, after you take out the £1,000 upfront payment works out at £54.83 per match.
The £1000 payment being included is misleading full stop as it is redeemable if you sell the seat. The £500 option on the other hand seems like false economy unless you can top up another £500 after 5 years and that is it as presumable you won't get £500 back if you sell the seat or fail to renew.

And it appears that the vast majority of platinum seats are for business so a price per match is irrelevant anyway. I'm not sure whether people are quoting prices per match to explain why they aren't doing it or are trying to prove superiority by trying to point out the cost per match assuming those of us that have gone for a seat were too stupid to do the maths and bought into a Perry vision blindly. Bear in mind that non testimonial friendlies are included as well (likely to be much higher standard than now), and that 4 Gold or 2 Platinum can get a very valuable parking space if they club together. And also bear in mind that virtually everyone who has gone for a 1901 seat has completely thought through the cost and benefit equations to themselves.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here