Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

17 Year old Idiot

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Thats a bit sneaky and telltaleish, I'm quite sure that grown men could resolve the situation without resorting to playground style antics.

like fighting?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
like fighting?
Where did I advocate that ? christ , you lot talk about the shit atmosphere at football these days , no wonder, its full of people who'd rather take a photo and report someone to the "approporiate " authorities than sort out a kid of 17 with some well placed words and a no nonsense manner.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Which, as you know bushy...would end up inflaming a situation, and ending in a fight.....which sort of defeats the object doesnt it?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Where did I advocate that ? christ , you lot talk about the shit atmosphere at football these days , no wonder, its full of people who'd rather take a photo and report someone to the "approporiate " authorities than sort out a kid of 17 with some well placed words and a no nonsense manner.

plenty of people in the thread said they did say/do something and the camera post seemed a bit tongue in cheek to me :shrug:

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
These days stewards prefer to remove people from the concourses rather than risk a full-blown confrontation in the stands. Generally, they only wade in if someone is really out of order or if there is a risk of injury or the situation escalating. Did he see the match out there?

Oct 6, 2010
The fact they got away with such behaviour bothers me more than anything. Anybody who saw this, and is in good physical health, should have done something about it at the time. (Report to a steward and insist they deal with them or deal with them yourself) Not enough people who can, do. Sod the stiff upper lip, or not wanting to get into trouble. What if these old folk were your grandparents/parents?? Would you do something then?? (not the OP, just society as a whole!)
It sounds like some tried but most watched in apathy. Shame.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
3rd thread like this today.......people get very brave when they are behind their keyboards don't they.

We were playing Palace for goodness sake. If it was Crewe away I could probably understand your pant wetting. If it was that bad why didn't you

A) Stove his face in like you suggested doing
B) Report him to a steward
C) Report him to the old bill
D) Move

It's much easier to get home and have a big old moan on the internet about the nasty man at the soccerball game.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
The fact they got away with such behaviour bothers me more than anything. Anybody who saw this, and is in good physical health, should have done something about it at the time. (Report to a steward and insist they deal with them or deal with them yourself) Not enough people who can, do. Sod the stiff upper lip, or not wanting to get into trouble. What if these old folk were your grandparents/parents?? Would you do something then?? (not the OP, just society as a whole!)
It sounds like some tried but most watched in apathy. Shame.

Quite! One of the things that killed racism on the terraces in the early 90s was self-policing. If someone was out of order those round them would tell them to shut the f*ck up.

Now we're in the "someone ought to do something about it......just not me" society, posting your outrage onto an internet message board seems to be enough positive action for some.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I was unfortunate enough to be sitting quite close. A couple of people in their 60's politely asked him not to bash into them and they got a load of abuse "You should have stayed at home and watched Corrie." It was disgusting. At one point I physically stood in the isle to stop the aforementioned people getting trampled. The only time the stewards asked him to stop was when he was making slit-throat signs.

No idea where these 'supporters' are coming from, they didn't have any interest in support the team, just making racist remarks and calling out Palace fans. Pathetic.

Think you were not far from me. Were you in the aisle near the family stand. I was down the front with my little lad. I saw some of the above.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
teenage twats

I'd be worried if I couldnt get a 17 year old kid to sit down and shut up without fighting him.

I work with some obnoxious teenagers and I am fully aware that if you even raise your eyebrows you are in danger of an abuse charge. Not as easy to deal with as you might think. They know their legal situation and will often goad you to distraction. I've leant that it's best to have a word and if they don't listen report them. From personal experience I can tell you that it's not worth the hassle and being made to feel that you are in the wrong for a reasonable response.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
This kid was asking for it, hope he got what he deserved. Making monkey gestures when he probably has a lower intellect than many monkey species.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
3rd thread like this today.......people get very brave when they are behind their keyboards don't they.

We were playing Palace for goodness sake. If it was Crewe away I could probably understand your pant wetting. If it was that bad why didn't you

A) Stove his face in like you suggested doing
B) Report him to a steward
C) Report him to the old bill
D) Move

It's much easier to get home and have a big old moan on the internet about the nasty man at the soccerball game.

Agreed, it was Palace, but does it matter! said i was suprised someone didn't cave his head in.

Not hiding behind a keyboard as i did tell him to wind his neck in a piss off, as the gent above with his child may agree with!

No need to report him to steward as they were about 4 ft away and could clearly see him.

Why the f*** should i move!

Pant wetting, have this dick sit near you and your family and have the same opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here