Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 million youth unemployed

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Many farming activities in this country are not profitable should all these go bust? Are you happy getting your pork from the rest of Europe? Where they do not have to comply to the same rules (animal welfare) or would you be happy to pay a higher price for the product. If so PM me as I'm a piggy farmer!!

I am! But the typical British palate doesn't care enough or can afford enough. And that's before you factor in the ridiculous bureacracy and EU meddling that you know far more about that I!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Jan 30, 2008
what's happend too the scheme where employers were being encouraged to take on school leavers as part of an incentive ,i know its cheap labour but it's a start, also it seems a lot of youngsters haven't got the basic grounding to hold down a job, ie too lazy for a bit of hard graft and oh its too early in the morning i'm tired :shrug:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I am! But the typical British palate doesn't care enough or can afford enough. And that's before you factor in the ridiculous bureacracy and EU meddling that you know far more about that I!!

As you rightly say afford! Does that mean our countryside becomes a wasteland? Or has been done for generations it offers cheap accommodation in return for work. Unfortunately it appears only the immigrant workers are prepared to do this. Plus all the nice farmers cottages are now occupied by bloody townies who complain about the nasty smells emulating from the farmyard!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
or would you be happy to pay a higher price for the product.

a fair price for a fair product is my mantra when buying anything. So, to answer your question, I generally have to pay a bit more to achieve this. I'm very picky about what I buy and always plump for quality. Generally, the cheaper item is a false economy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
or would you be happy to pay a higher price for the product.

If so PM me as I'm a piggy farmer!!

Oh, and I am more than happy to pay for decent farm products. I currently have these sausages from Rushfields. Absolute quality and to back up my previous post you only need one of their beauties for dinner as they are fairly big and rich and meaty. Probably works out the same as buying a load from Tescos for less.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As you rightly say afford! Does that mean our countryside becomes a wasteland? Or has been done for generations it offers cheap accommodation in return for work. Unfortunately it appears only the immigrant workers are prepared to do this. Plus all the nice farmers cottages are now occupied by bloody townies who complain about the nasty smells emulating from the farmyard!

I am with you but for me the issue lies with the public believing they want/like cheap crap and supermarkets using their size to drive prices down. There's two ways to look at the issue with farming 1) cut labour costs to the bone or 2) pay folk a decent wage at the bottom and upwards and let the supermarkets take a small hit on their profits. I have never subscribed to the idea that any cost will have to ultimately be passed onto the consumer.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
a fair price for a fair product is my mantra when buying anything. So, to answer your question, I generally have to pay a bit more to achieve this. I'm very picky about what I buy and always plump for quality. Generally, the cheaper item is a false economy.

Dont get you started of BOGOFs...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Exactly, you wouldn't credit the amount of times a strap has broken on a market bought manbag and the like, or the lack of flavour in Tesco's own brand Sun dried tomatos.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exactly, you wouldn't credit the amount of times a strap has broken on a market bought manbag and the like, or the lack of flavour in Tesco's own brand Sun dried tomatos.

Quite, but I prefer sun-blushed tomatoes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dont get you started of BOGOFs...

Pointless. If you want to sell something at half price sell it at bloody half price. 2-4-1 Colgate; how many f***ing teeth do you think I have? I recently saw a 3-4-1 on family bags of crisps. How many people have three f***ing families?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Plus all the nice farmers cottages are now occupied by bloody townies who complain about the nasty smells emulating from the farmyard!

Cheap accom in the rural areas is a huge problem for this nation.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports