Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went 2nd week of Jan last year, - 25°. Nice snow but even when it was sunny you had to go indoors in the mountain restaurants.

At my age I like to sit outside with a bit of warmth and sunshine too :thumbsup:

Same here.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
which applies to half the other options, so they are unicorns too. we're back to no-deal/deal/revoke arent we and this doesn't solve anything?

Not necessarily, a Customs Union is not a unicorn, and nor is Single Market access. They are more relevant for the future discussions but are not wholly incompatible with the WA like the Malthouse Compromise is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The bullying of leave voters on this thread is embarrassing. Are you all serious? Sniggering among yourselves and singling people out, is not big or clever.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and a vote, and not to be castigated and bullied on a forum due to it.

It's just Politics, not a matter of life and death like football after all...we are all on the forum for a common purpose and this isn't it.

Actually, No Deal Brexit would probably lead to innocent deaths due to NHS funding for vital medicines being pulled overnight. This is the whole point. For nearly 3 ****ing years people have been trying to spell out the dangers. At some point you have to accept at least some of Project Fear just might be Project Reality.

Anyone who can genuinely support No Deal Brexit in the full knowledge that it will likely lead to innocent lives being lost - well I'm not sure I have words for people like that.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/health-secretary-refuses-deny-claiming-13593329

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Same here.

Agreed. I’m not a skier but I accompanied my friends on a March skiing trip and joined a hikers group and spent my days on foot discovering the peaks and valleys. One of the nicest holidays I’ve ever had. It’s having the confidence to do your own thing.

I was obviously too much of a nerd to be picked for the ski team :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My money is on PM promising to step down to her MPs tonight and then voting on MV3 on Friday where it passes and putting that wanker Gove in charge in the summer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm just considering the government's response to the 'revoke Article 50' petition on parliament's own website and the effect that might have on subsequent General Elections and Referenda.

"Parliament will debate this petition on 1 April 2019. It remains the Government’s firm policy not to revoke Article 50. We will honour the outcome of the 2016 referendum and work to deliver an exit which benefits everyone, whether they voted to Leave or to Remain. Revoking Article 50, and thereby remaining in the European Union, would undermine both our democracy and the trust that millions of voters have placed in Government."

This is telling 6 million people not only are they undermining democracy and trust, and acting dishonourably, but the government by acting against their wishes will deliver an outcome that will benefit them!

Are they f*cking stupid?! Seems to me they're writing off 20% of the electorate, not to mention the majority of younger voters.

I don't see what the government had to gain by putting this response on there - no upside, only a large downside.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
My money is on PM promising to step down to her MPs tonight and then voting on MV3 on Friday where it passes and putting that wanker Gove in charge in the summer.

What makes you think the DUP are suddenly going to give in?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Wonderful in commons at the moment - Letwin and JRM debating the role of privy councillors in the 17th century. Beckett, Clarke, Redwood all having a go as well. Lovely stuff.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wonderful in commons at the moment - Letwin and JRM debating the role of privy councillors in the 17th century. Beckett, Clarke, Redwood all having a go as well. Lovely stuff.

So we've got to get these debates done in a matter of hours and these clowns are taking about parliamentary etiquette at the time of Cromwell. FFS!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well, this is Mrs May's Government....

6 million votes would make you the largest party in every EU state bar Germany, France, Italy and Spain. It's more than the entire population of 12 of the EU states and more than half of a further 8 so it's not surprising they see that figure as significant, unlike Theresa May who couldn't give a sh*t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here