Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
It's quite simple, don't go on a public forum insisting that your opinions are the correct ones if you don't have the ability to explain why they are correct.

And don't in your attempt to explain why, start saying things that are untrue, wrong or stupid. That way people won't pull you up on it :shrug:

I can say exactly the same to the Remainers here, who (even worse) continue to rant, get angry and bully people, and completely fail to convince me they are right.

most posters will always back off if you express the notion that you feel bullied.

I didn't say I feel bullied. I don't.

But the singling out of certain leaver posters by remainers slinging insults is one way traffic. I'm not seeing it's tit for tat, as an observer.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's hard to say without recalling JRM's insane ramblings but suffice to say he stood up and pointed out that unlike himself, JRM was the one constantly voting against the government - in absolute contrast to JRM's argument against giving the house control of Brexit.

It was like bowling a long hop to a batsmen on 96...

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
MP's have started voting...

giphy.gif

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can say exactly the same to the Remainers here, who (even worse) continue to rant, get angry and bully people, and completely fail to convince me they are right.

Still awaiting a response - simple enough question - Do you support a No Deal Brexit, which would likely lead to the death of innocent Brits abroad?

Whilst you're here, perhaps you can also confirm what you appear to be saying - that nasty words online is worse than supporting the death of innocent people? Just so I understand your priorities.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Show me leavers naming groups of remainers and laughing at them?

I mean, I could point to Jo Cox being brutally murdered by a Leave voter, but sure, some people might be laughing at some people...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
No I don't support no deal.

Project Fear at it's best.

''Likely cause deaths'', eh? Madness.

Anyone who continues to use the hackneyed expression 'project fear' really ought to read more and express a bit more originality. It's completely meaningless now - perhaps always was.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I genuinely never get a straight answer from a Brexiteer on this. No one wants to acknowledge they are potentially supporting the death of innocent Brits. Ignoring a horrendous reality just to be "right", just to "win".

Although I didn't vote for Brexit, I am 100% convinced that the EU has a very limited future. It has been failing for 10 years and although they can't see it, it is sliding. It needs reforming but it won't reform. When it finally crashes and burns, it won't just be innocent Brits failing to get vital medicines. It will be a 500 million people problem. Some can scaremonger as much as they like about this Brexit but when Eurofall happens ( 8-12 years maximum ) we just have to make sure we don't get caught in the avalanche.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I didn't say I feel bullied. I don't.

But the singling out of certain leaver posters by remainers slinging insults is one way traffic. I'm not seeing it's tit for tat, as an observer.

You need to read some of the Leavers posts further back. One in particular abuses everybody.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Project Fear at it's best.

''Likely cause deaths'', eh? Madness.

Grow up. This isn't even being debated anymore - see the Health ministers comments the other day. This is too important now to be so churlish.

If a truck is driving towards you and you are standing in the middle of the road, saying "Ah, it's just Project Fear" won't change a thing. The truck doesn't give a shit whether you believe in it or not.

You will get run over.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No, I won't pipe down.

Show me leavers naming groups of remainers and laughing at them?
Do a search on pastafarian's posts - he's rude to someone every other post. Alternatively, Two Professors - says something ridiculous - gets laughed at - goes apopleptic with rage. Happens all the time, so in the meantime lay off the vomit inducing self righteousness or nick off out of the the thread.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Although I didn't vote for Brexit, I am 100% convinced that the EU has a very limited future. It has been failing for 10 years and although they can't see it, it is sliding. It needs reforming but it won't reform. When it finally crashes and burns, it won't just be innocent Brits failing to get vital medicines. It will be a 500 million people problem. Some can scaremonger as much as they like about this Brexit but when Eurofall happens ( 8-12 years maximum ) we just have to make sure we don't get caught in the avalanche.

Any hard evidence to support this extraordinary prediction.....? Your source?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Beeb saying vote expected to be close

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The reality is no government that wants the economy to grow in turn seeks to control immigration. Whether EU rules, points based, skills based, or whatever else you want to label it, the economy needs the numbers coming in, and the politicians will be doing everything to get them in while talking the political speak of controlling immigration to the public. Immigration is a white elephant, and has been since the war. Tony Blair like every other PM before and after hasn't curbed immigration in anyway because if the economy is a vote winner the two are inextricably linked.

Anyone thinking we'll leave the EU and suddenly we'll have control of the numbers is deluded. The immigration numbers from the EU have dropped naturally recently, while those from outside have risen sharply. We could control that rise if we so wished. We don't of course, who wants the economy shrinking as a headline?

That's a different point to the one being discussed, the claim we could always control EU immigration.

It's certainly true that recent governments have favoured increasing levels of net immigration (without any mandate) to record levels mainly for economic reasons (also impacts the UK workforce, puts pressure on services, housing and social cohesion in some areas) and misled /lied to the electorate about controlling it. (One reason why some voted leave.) But I doubt it's as simple as more immigrants always means a better economy or else every country would throw their borders open and no EU country would have blocked the 2004 accession countries workers. Many managed to grow their economies without them. Also, it must be obvious that it's an unsustainable policy.

Anyone concerned about levels of EU immigration thinking voting leave would make a difference would already see their vote has had an effect. Pretending the immediate drop off since the referendum has nothing to do with Brexit is silly. The only way we wouldn't gain more control of our immigration policy by voting leave is if the political class ignored the referendum result or insisted on a BRINO /soft Brexit where we didn't really take back control of anything …. Oh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here