Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "His deep-rooted dismay at the level of support at the Amex Stadium spilt over..."

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Attachments

• 1d3ed589cfb555889e10da08fcb51eb0.jpg
    1d3ed589cfb555889e10da08fcb51eb0.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 177

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That makes a bit more sense that it was something our Graham has been stewing over - because post-match to have that sort of rant (in a couple of interviews) after hearing, let's face it, not many fans booing a disappointing result was completely over the top. My initial reaction to what Potter said was maybe he wants out. Perhaps some club is in his ear and he is preparing the ground. It did seem a strange reaction - and from a person that always chooses his words he will have known the fan reaction to come.

My other thought was that - he was protecting his players who did not deserve to get booed by some entitled fans.

I hope it was the second. Only our Graham knows.

But stewing over what?

The Amex atmosphere really hasn't been that bad and our away fans at Villa were singing his name regularly and really getting behind the team in what was a far worse performance.

I do hope he's not been.............................reading NSC.

No need at all for players or coaches to read this. It's like a chef who spends more time on TripAdvisor than behind the stove.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Rubbish, NSC does not hold that kind of sway and to suggest the majority on here are calling for his head, is again rubbish. I have complete faith in Potter and what he is trying to achieve here, everyone knows we need a striker and folks are getting frustrated by the realisation, we really are a great team and just need the missing piece in the jigsaw to turn highly achievable results like Newcastle, Norwich and Leeds into an extra 6 points, we would be 4th !!
We are all frustrated and include Potter in that.

To suggest we few could drive him out is nonsense as you allude to by saying you doubt it.

The point I was (not very clearly) making was there was a narrative on NSC after Barnes left that he was driven out by the fans, and in particular NSC. It was always tosh.

If Potter walks some people will be really upset and I hope the same narrative (that he was driven out by the fans including NSC) is not taken up. I suspect there will be some of those very upset people will be looking for others to blame.

Anyway ..........

I also have great faith (without the missing piece of the jigsaw bit) and want Potter here for the duration. As do all the people I speak to about the Albion. As far as I can tell it's only THPP (who is perfectly entitled to his view) otherwise it is a few posters who are not as invested as the leaders of the Potter cult (which is also fine). For me - how could anyone not enjoy where we are and the football we are playing. I even like Maupay.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have no idea. So maybe he was just protecting his players.

I suspect that's true. The media are now talking about (around 10 to 30 odd) ungrateful fans instead of Maupay's inability to hit an unguarded target from six yards.

Perhaps Mr Emotional Intelligence sees the net result of that as bringing the players together and the away end at West Ham singing his, and the club's name as a sign of our support. Maupay gets a hattrick and everyone in the London Stadium away section gets 30 extra super fan points as a treat.

Ker-ching.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I suspect that's true. The media are now talking about (around 10 to 30 odd) ungrateful fans instead of Maupay's inability to hit an unguarded target from six yards.

Perhaps Mr Emotional Intelligence sees the net result of that as bringing the players together and the away end at West Ham singing his, and the club's name as a sign of our support. Maupay gets a hattrick and everyone in the London Stadium away section gets 30 extra super fan points as a treat.

Ker-ching.

I was thinking more of Sarimento - a young lad that did not deserve to hear boos on his premier league debut. For me - none of the players deserved it tbh. It was a really enjoyable game. We have a great team. But I am sure that's been covered elsewhere.

I was disappointed with the Maupay miss - but that happens. I like him as a player. Wrong foot, fast moving ball on the up. As I say it happens.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
people reading way too much into it. people booed, he was ****ed off and understandably so after a good performance, and when the journalist asked about it he made his feelings know. reading any more into it is pure guesswork and people saying this means he wants out or feels pushed out by the fans are making a grand canyon-sized jump to a conclusion

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Disgruntled 1901 seats.........."Potter glanced behind him, shaking his head in disbelief at the reaction emanating from the seats close to the technical area in the main stand as he shook hands with Marcelo Bielsa."

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Naylor is a little bit bitter towards Albion fans nowadays. Hate the fact he’s the correspondent at the athletic for us. Loves a sly dig at the fans at every single opportunity, it’s a little pathetic.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Naylor is a little bit bitter towards Albion fans nowadays. Hate the fact he’s the correspondent at the athletic for us. Loves a sly dig at the fans at every single opportunity, it’s a little pathetic.

Agreed, I don't really get it. Even today he's carrying on with it. He was there - how many fans out of 30,000 odd does he estimated were involved based on what he heard?

Although he hasn't been shy in highlighting some of Potters / the players shortcomings, it is hardly like there aren't some areas that need improvement

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Disgruntled 1901 seats.........."Potter glanced behind him, shaking his head in disbelief at the reaction emanating from the seats close to the technical area in the main stand as he shook hands with Marcelo Bielsa."

Yeah I was wondering similar. Does Potter get regular moaning from a small group of twats that are very much in his ear shot? If so, I would hope he recognises that this isn't shared by the majority. However, it could be bloody annoying. Maybe at the end of the game he should roam around a bit?! Get more positive feedback from the rest of the stadium. He does seem a bit sensitive and wanting total support (you'll never get it Graham).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

People were moaning about Naylor when we were playing at Withdean. Probably before that. As a Stoke fan maybe he's bitter that Potter isn't in charge at the Potteries :shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When you see dunk play the ball across the back to Webster who then plays it back to dunk who then plays it back to Webster deep into stoppage time with all the Leeds players well in their half its no wonder a few fans vented their opinion at full time

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Not many mentions of this, Leeds also nearly nicked a goal near the end of the match when there was a mistake because of the fannying around at the back.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
fannying around at the back.
Anyone using this phrase in a non-ironic way does not deserve to be an Albion fan at the moment. I’m glad if such people get upset.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Cult Of Potter is a busted flush. Be quire funny to see the cult members slowly but surely disassociate themselves from their godhead in the coming month(s) :lol:

Quite amusing how every now and again you throw this 'cult of potter' thing out there to antagonise people - and it just gets ignored. Maybe another two or three goes on other threads and someone will bite. :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here