Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "His deep-rooted dismay at the level of support at the Amex Stadium spilt over..."

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Well the booing happened once and he’s done something about it. We’ve not been able to score for toffee for the best part of two years and seemingly nothing changes.

All true. What I was trying to say was that we don't know how annoyed GP gets about the lack of goals as we only see his public persona. I imagine that he feels similar frustrations to most of us on this board, but don't know him so can only guess or assume. He might be giving the board hell about it for all we know. The club as a whole are good at keeping private matters private, so I guess we'll never know. Let's hope this problem is solved or at least reduced before much longer.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I guess the booing proves the old adage - give them an inch and they will take a mile...

GP has every right to be concerned about the booing - it was a great display except for the finishing . It's not just a case if he is pissed off , what about people like Trossard & Sanchez who are both very marketable whilst they might accept booing happens , it should after a display like that.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Some people boo’d. They paid for their tickets, up to them if they wish to behave like morons. I think we all need to let it go now.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I guess the booing proves the old adage - give them an inch and they will take a mile...

GP has every right to be concerned about the booing - it was a great display except for the finishing . It's not just a case if he is pissed off , what about people like Trossard & Sanchez who are both very marketable whilst they might accept booing happens , it should after a display like that.

I suggest that there would not have been booing if we had played worse, if Lamptey had not created so many chances, we wouldn't have seen them all go begging, and introducing Locadia wouldn't have felt like giving up an opportunity to win.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some people boo’d. They paid for their tickets, up to them if they wish to behave like morons. I think we all need to let it go now.

If only.

It's been the most tedious few days on nsc.

A sense of perspective identified on night one .... a few people booed out of 28,000 ... what does it matter in the big picture?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Naylor is a little bit bitter towards Albion fans nowadays. Hate the fact he’s the correspondent at the athletic for us. Loves a sly dig at the fans at every single opportunity, it’s a little pathetic.

Little bit bitter? **** me the guy's a prick

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He reports this
https://theathletic.co.uk/2982663/2...-brighton-fans-need-a-history-lesson-not-him/

"The head coach’s misgivings are shared in the corridors of power at the Amex. It has been a topic of discussion since the summer as Brighton braced themselves for the return of full crowds after 18 months of playing in a near-empty stadium.
There is concern about a lack of understanding of the difficulties competing in the Premier League when even teams at the wrong end of the table possess individual players of high calibre, capable of posing problems.
This also manifests itself with perpetual calls from sections of the fanbase to break the bank to sign a striker capable of finishing off the chances created.
They have a ceiling for transfers and wages under chief executive Paul Barber, who is responsible for the day-to-day running of the club on behalf of the owner-chairman Tony Bloom.

Naylor really is a bell end. He ****ing loves a dig at the fans. I might take out a subscription just so I can cancel it and cite him as the reason.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Brian Owen has written a piece which outlines Potter's distain but also basically states his new position since being briefed by superiors. Naylor, who no longer is required to write anything to do with a game of football, has stoked the fire, as the **** has done many times.

The lesson is very basic, supporters boo, manager protect, some people are fragile some are players, managers or fans. The rest of us shrug our shoulders. Finally some have integrity some are called Naylor

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Storm in a boocup.

Late kick off, some souls boo after a "little" beer.

National radio comment in their football round up.

All bhafc fans look like entitled bellends.

Ho hum. Yesterday's chip paper. There will be top support and love for the team at West Ham.

This will soon be forgotten.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I find it hard to believe it was 'a few hundred dickheads'.

The stadium was close to half empty already, with the rest of us heading for the exit pretty sharpish.
There was no other noise down our end of the ground.

It's an echo-y bowl, one loud voice can easily sound like 10.

Which for me making all this hullabaloo even more silly.

Ah, so because you didn’t hear it then it didn’t really happen? Where I stand, which is presumably nowhere near yourself it was pretty audible and was definitely more than one echoey voice, maybe not a few hundred but certainly enough for Potter to hear it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah, so because you didn’t hear it then it didn’t really happen? Where I stand, which is presumably nowhere near yourself it was pretty audible and was definitely more than one echoey voice, maybe not a few hundred but certainly enough for Potter to hear it.

I did hear it, I just didn't hear anything else to drown it out.
In that scenario "a few hundred" can make a really loud noise, which I didn't really hear.
Bearing in mind at points in a game a lone voice is clearly audible.

Obviously I have no idea how many, but "a few hundred" does seem like a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here