Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bennett's Field no longer available - no parking season tickets

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Bl00dy annoying - living in Somerset I don't have many options other than to drive - having to monitor the website for when the parking for each match goes on sale will be a pain.

Far play to you , coming from that distance by car . I had to drive a couple of years ago for a staycation ( my first and last ! ) to Devon from Brighton and it nearly killed me ..

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Park and ride ?

It's a three hour drive each way (sometimes more), and I need something really convenient, otherwise the whole thing becomes a bit nightmarish. The first two seasons at the Amex I parked at Lewes Station and got the train, but it was touch and go whether you could get a space - plus, getting the train back to Lewes after a match added at least half an hour on to the whole journey (taking account of queues, etc). P&R could be an option if I miss out on parking at Sussex Uni, but the convenience of being able to park just over the road is something I don't want to give up!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's a three hour drive each way (sometimes more), and I need something really convenient, otherwise the whole thing becomes a bit nightmarish. The first two seasons at the Amex I parked at Lewes Station and got the train, but it was touch and go whether you could get a space - plus, getting the train back to Lewes after a match added at least half an hour on to the whole journey (taking account of queues, etc). P&R could be an option if I miss out on parking at Sussex Uni, but the convenience of being able to park just over the road is something I don't want to give up!!

Fair enough……..I’m local but gave up on the Lewes train and P&R as options a few seasons ago, now prefer parking a couple of miles away and walking in as that way I know the timings……..it’s always half an hour :)

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

Now don't take this as gospel but I heard a rumour that Virgin Active members can use the Gym/Uni Car Park on match days. Im not sure of the membership fee but if it is say £80 that might be an economical solution.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Get in touch with the chap that runs the car parking at the Falmer Farm Shop before everyone else does, he might have spaces.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In fairness Harry, what do you expect the club to do ? All of a sudden they have less parking available so they consider it fair to make it first come, first served. You can’t really expect things to always stay the same. We also have a long drive to get to games. We will try to book match by match (it takes a few seconds online) and if we miss out will think of alternatives.

Perhaps it's grumpy old man syndrome. Perhaps it is because things like this make me anxious. You may be able to think of alternatives if you miss out on a parking space but I can't think of anything that would work for me.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Isn't it bonkers that we have a stunning, modern, 21st century out-of-town stadium - but with no car park immediately adjacent to service it. The Lewes Distrcit Council effect comes into play I suppose.

If Gilo isn't playing ball any more, then what about the land to Village Way South ? The club originally submitted a dual-application to locate the stadium either on VWN or VWS, IIRC. Or does he own that as well.

South of Village way belongs to Brighton City Council. The Downland campaigners would no doubt be up in arms but it would have little impact on Downs and certainly would be sensible option.

Last edited:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The new car park just inside stammer park is pay and display/pay by phone so I don't see why it can't be used.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Get in touch with the chap that runs the car parking at the Falmer Farm Shop before everyone else does, he might have spaces.

Hmmm worth a try l guess, but one of my fellow ST holder friends parks there, and says that spaces are hotter than the cakes he sells.

Maybe things have changed during the Pandemic, but spaces are normally sold out months in advance.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am now considering parking some way from the stadium and cycling in. That said, with great big hills to the north and south, and the A27 with no cycle lane the only flat bit, I suspect I may be on a hiding to nothing. Will work only if I travel alone, too. For those who cycle what'st the drill? The information on the club site lacks any detail. Secure cycle parking, fine, but how is it secured? Any tips on a good place to park?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I am now considering parking some way from the stadium and cycling in. That said, with great big hills to the north and south, and the A27 with no cycle lane the only flat bit, I suspect I may be on a hiding to nothing. Will work only if I travel alone, too. For those who cycle what'st the drill? The information on the club site lacks any detail. Secure cycle parking, fine, but how is it secured? Any tips on a good place to park?

Couldn't you pull in a few favours and work the old contacts book from the world of academia and approach someone at Sussex university? I'm sure they must have a little out-of-the-way space somewhere that a fellow prof. could park his car for a few hours very other weekend....

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Wonder if it would be viable - only 19 days use a year pus a few cup games.......? Would be able to charge a premium price I guess (what does the farm shop across the road charge - I'd heard £250/season but unconfirmed - sounds low ??) so might work out.

Heard a rumour that the 6 parking spaces on the house by the train station ticket hall are rented out for the season at £3k each. Seems an obscene amount of money but easy in and out every match.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Couldn't you pull in a few favours and work the old contacts book from the world of academia and approach someone at Sussex university? I'm sure they must have a little out-of-the-way space somewhere that a fellow prof. could park his car for a few hours very other weekend....

Thought did cross my mind. I served 4 years as an external examiner there a few years ago, but the staff (in medicine) were very anti the Albion.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Would Woodingdean work ? Last time I was there was to play cricket about 40 years ago. Is The Drove steep or flat ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Secure cycle parking at the stadium is sheffield bike stands that will require your own lock to secure the bike to the stands.

Lewes Road is flat all the way to the Pier. I cycle with my 10 yr old, but allow 45 mins or so from Portslade Station area. Going to the stadium I'd use the OSR cycle lane all the way to Lewes Road. On the way back, I may just head to the seafront and go back that way because it is flat. You could park at West Hove Sainsbury's I suppose, but you would then have a bit of a ride on your hands which I assume is a bit far out.

If you used Mithras House park and ride, cycling would be far easier than the buses. You could even book a Brighton Bike Share bike if you didn't bring your own. https://www.btnbikeshare.com/

Only slight frustration with cycling after a game, you can't cycle from the stadium because the path to the Bridge car park is too busy, so you basically have to walk that portion or just roll slowly. Shame they've never put a 1m cycle zone next to the fence that wouldn't impact the pedestrians.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here