Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bennett's Field no longer available - no parking season tickets

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Secure cycle parking at the stadium is sheffield bike stands that will require your own lock to secure the bike to the stands.

Lewes Road is flat all the way to the Pier. I cycle with my 10 yr old, but allow 45 mins or so from Portslade Station area. Going to the stadium I'd use the OSR cycle lane all the way to Lewes Road. On the way back, I may just head to the seafront and go back that way because it is flat. You could park at West Hove Sainsbury's I suppose, but you would then have a bit of a ride on your hands which I assume is a bit far out.

If you used Mithras House park and ride, cycling would be far easier than the buses. You could even book a Brighton Bike Share bike if you didn't bring your own. https://www.btnbikeshare.com/

Only slight frustration with cycling after a game, you can't cycle from the stadium because the path to the Bridge car park is too busy, so you basically have to walk that portion or just roll slowly. Shame they've never put a 1m cycle zone next to the fence that wouldn't impact the pedestrians.

Mithras House park & ride has been closed for a couple of seasons or so, unless it's reopening again?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Will work only if I travel alone, too.

Not necessarily...

bicycleteam.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You could park at West Hove Sainsbury's I suppose, but you would then have a bit of a ride on your hands which I assume is a bit far out.

You need to note that there is a three hour parking limit at Sainsburys, so getting a ticket each game is not really an option I would suggest.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The Farm Shop will be busy again this year!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Mithras House park & ride has been closed for a couple of seasons or so, unless it's reopening again?

You need to note that there is a three hour parking limit at Sainsburys, so getting a ticket each game is not really an option I would suggest.

[MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION]; it's looking like I'm not the best person to ask! :dunce::whistle:

You could park on say Hove Park Road by the Rec. you get 4 hours up to 6pm, so arriving at 1pm you'd be fine. Then the cycle ride there is fairly simple. The cycle ride back, only obstacle would be the hill from Preston Circus after the railway bridge, which is walkable.

Last edited:

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
There's fair bit of free on street parking around Moulsecoombe and Coldean. Half an hour walk to the ground.
It's far from ideal but not many alternatives. Next season is starting to feel like a chore.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I've got room for 2 seats in my helicopter from Shoreham airport if anyone is happy to chip in for fuel. Plan to land on the pitch 2 hours before kick off. Sure Tony won't mind.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Now don't take this as gospel but I heard a rumour that Virgin Active members can use the Gym/Uni Car Park on match days. Im not sure of the membership fee but if it is say £80 that might be an economical solution.

£80??????

When I gave up Virgin it was £74/a month!

Unless you are saying that paying £80 a month to use a car park perhaps twice a month is ok?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would Woodingdean work ? Last time I was there was to play cricket about 40 years ago. Is The Drove steep or flat ?

The cycle back up the hill will be unwelcoming in November after an 8 o'clock KO.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION]; it's looking like I'm not the best person to ask! :dunce::whistle:

You could park on say Hove Park Road by the Rec. you get 4 hours up to 6pm, so arriving at 1pm you'd be fine. Then the cycle ride there is fairly simple. The cycle ride back, only obstacle would be the hill from Preston Circus after the railway bridge, which is walkable.

No worries, mate. You and [MENTION=34242]Neville's Breakfast[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

My current plan is to scream and scream until I'm sick. :wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is it walkable ? Are there pavements? We often park in Lewes but don’t fancy going back to getting the train.

They have (assuming they have finished) actually upgraded and resurfaced the whole path……it was a bit knobbly with a few puddles previously when it was wet but will be v good now. Just over 2 miles to Woodingdean - 30 mins or so brisk walking (bit more on the way back after). Grim on a cold wet night after an evening game though, and bear in mind path is unlit (so dark even on those rare Saturday 3pm kos post-match in midwinter)

Jul 7, 2003
It's a three hour drive each way (sometimes more), and I need something really convenient, otherwise the whole thing becomes a bit nightmarish. The first two seasons at the Amex I parked at Lewes Station and got the train, but it was touch and go whether you could get a space - plus, getting the train back to Lewes after a match added at least half an hour on to the whole journey (taking account of queues, etc). P&R could be an option if I miss out on parking at Sussex Uni, but the convenience of being able to park just over the road is something I don't want to give up!!

How about parking somewhere that you could then use Seagull Travel or NWSussex seagulls coaches? Coaches get away fairly quickly after games so depending on your route, maybe a pickup just off the A23 or A27 would work for you.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tony needs to build another tier or two on top of the car parking spaces he has. Multistorey-tastc.

Could lump it in with the monorail terminal plans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here