Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bennett's Field no longer available - no parking season tickets

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I
Do you know if it's done on a turn up and off you go basis, or whether I would need to book it pls?

Yeah it’s from the sport centre car park on the Sussex uni campus. There is a small bus that just goes back and forth when full so no fixed schedule. Goes to the coach park where there is a lift down to the back of the south stand.

It’s mentioned in car park 5 in this guide but you can go into the car park just to drop off then park elsewhere.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/club/club/disability-accessibility//

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looking at aerial views of the carpark/field, the only conceivable place an access could be created would be the roundabout that is the A27 westbound on/off access. That strikes me as most unlikely to be agreed by Highways unless some serious skullduggary goes on.

88C8DD74-D40D-4042-AE7E-90C1D33974DF.png

Looks that way.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
There is plenty of bike parking next to the Park & Ride drop off/ pick up and more on the upper level minibus/ coach bit. You can leave straight after the match and I've always been able to leave my crash helmet with the stewards at the turnstyle. Trevor on the West Upper (southern end) entrance is a star and lets me store it in the cleaners store.

You won't regret riding your bike to the Amex and will wonder why you didn't do it before :)

Thanks for the heads up, just a shame I won't be sitting with/having a pie and pint with a couple of my mates from now on... :down:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2204342/parking-update/

Unfortunately, from the start of this season, we will no longer be able to offer seasonal parking.

This is because we will no longer have all of Car Park A available for match day, due to the landowner triggering a break clause in our lease.

It’s hugely disappointing for us, because it puts considerable pressure on our matchday operations as a result, and we appreciate it will also be disappointing for those who’d purchased seasonal parking in previous seasons.

While we do not expect this to change, we hope to review our new parking arrangements in October, but for now all parking will need to be booked on a match-to-match basis.

We look forward to seeing you back at the Amex very soon - and we apologise for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your continued support for Brighton & Hove Albion.

Please note 1901 Club members who are entitled to car parking as part of their package may be relocated.

Disabled STHs who had 2019/20 seasonal parking in dedicated disabled bays will not be affected and will be contacted shortly.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Unfortunately, from the start of this season, we will no longer be able to offer seasonal parking.

This is because we will no longer have all of Car Park A available for match day, due to the landowner triggering a break clause in our lease.

It’s hugely disappointing for us, because it puts considerable pressure on our matchday operations as a result, and we appreciate it will also be disappointing for those who’d purchased seasonal parking in previous seasons.

While we do not expect this to change, we hope to review our new parking arrangements in October, but for now all parking will need to be booked on a match-to-match basis.

We look forward to seeing you back at the Amex very soon - and we apologise for the inconvenience.

Please note 1901 Club members who are entitled to car parking as part of their package may be relocated.

Disabled STHs who had 2019/20 seasonal parking in dedicated disabled bays will not be affected and will be contacted shortly.
In fairness they haven't dressed this up. It is what it is - a pain in the arse for those this impacts. Hopefully they can renegotiate something given how many people will be looking for an alternative to busy public transport right now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hang on. Does that mean that car par C (the uni) will be a match by match booking car park?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It seems that way. I am not sure why they seem to have stopped all the Uni and Bridge season ticket parking, when they have lost a few hundred spaces in Bennetts Field ?

Just checked the club web page. It says only this:

parking.PNG

I know others who drive in from places including Guildford, Swindon and Bristol. Some of us also have jobs and can't faff about online buying parking for every home game.

I am hoping they will make it possible to buy a season ticket to park. Public transport is not an option for me (getting on for 3 hours each way on the train via London). If I don't manage to secure a parking space I won't be able to attend. I hope the club will provide a full refund since I renewed the ST in an expectation that parking arrangements, which have been the same for 10 years, will not change.

Probably an extreme analogy but when I bought my house I assumed I would be able to continue to receive mains water, and not suddenly find it was no longer available and I'd have to book a delivery from Amazon and dig a great big hole in the garden to store it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Anyone know when parking is normally available to secure before a home game….tickets for three games currently available but nothing for parking as yet

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Bl00dy annoying - living in Somerset I don't have many options other than to drive - having to monitor the website for when the parking for each match goes on sale will be a pain.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I am hoping they will make it possible to buy a season ticket to park. Public transport is not an option for me (getting on for 3 hours each way on the train via London). If I don't manage to secure a parking space I won't be able to attend. I hope the club will provide a full refund since I renewed the ST in an expectation that parking arrangements, which have been the same for 10 years, will not change.

"Unfortunately, from the start of this season, we will no longer be able to offer seasonal parking.

While we do not expect this to change, we hope to review our new parking arrangements in October, but for now all parking will need to be booked on a match-to-match basis."

???

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

View attachment 139216

I know others who drive in from places including Guildford, Swindon and Bristol. Some of us also have jobs and can't faff about online buying parking for every home game.

Probably an extreme analogy but when I bought my house I assumed I would be able to continue to receive mains water, and not suddenly find it was no longer available and I'd have to book a delivery from Amazon and dig a great big hole in the garden to store it.

In fairness Harry, what do you expect the club to do ? All of a sudden they have less parking available so they consider it fair to make it first come, first served. You can’t really expect things to always stay the same. We also have a long drive to get to games. We will try to book match by match (it takes a few seconds online) and if we miss out will think of alternatives.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

View attachment 139216

Park and ride?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here