Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Sideways move

Anyone who wouldn't have him in an all time 25 man Albion squad is an enemy of fact.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Don’t worry my mate is a Brighton ST holder and he says he’s proper SHITE.

Bissouma had one year left on his contract and we got decent money for him. Don't know what else to say. I can see you're upset, but....no ambition? Crikey!

I respect your opinion. But to me, this sale, and the reaction to it on here, really smacks of "Know your place..... The mighty Spurs came calling, so what can you do?"

Small town, small club, mentality. Lads, it's only Tottenham innit.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well thats 80M we have received for three players which is great business for the club and TB. Not something the great majority of supporters would've dreamt off. Little old Brighton selling players for that sort of money.
The club are doing something right

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Perhaps we should have made him sign a new contract two years ago. If not, we would have got double what we ended up with.
The club need to be smarter, they can obviously pick a player, just need to learn how to keep hold of them.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The innevitable has happened, he's been a very good player the last few seasons, most of the time, but we learn from this and move on.

He never struck me as a Brighton player personally, just a careerist, which is perfectly understandable.

I couldn't give two shits what happens to him wearing a spuds shirt.

Strange comment. In what way was he not a Brighton player in the four years of quality performances he gave us? I can’t see he was in any different to any other player in his commitment to the club? Other than the fact that he was ten times better than nearly every other player who’s ever played for us.

What constitutes a Brighton player out of interest?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I love it when a carpenter (albeit a very good one) decides that the club didn't get the right kind of money for a player.

That carries weight.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What do you think we should have got for Bissouma, and what do you think Liverpool should have got for Mane?

Bissouma? I always thought we would get less than the £50M many were talking about on here. I'd have thought around £35M would have been about par for the course - maybe £40 if we were lucky. Mind you, I was expecting/hoping for a bidding war, which never (overtly anyway) materialised.

No comment on Mane - I haven't been following that saga closely enough. What's your idea of a price for Cucu to Citeh? Not going unless TB holds them to ransom - £60M-£65M? £35M like some Citeh fans think should be about right (although some reckon nearer £50M would be needed)?

They seem to think they should send one of their youngsters out to Brighton to get first team experience here as part of the deal (guaranteed X amounrt of game time, of course!) - would you take McAtee on loan as part of the deal? (I wouldn't, BTW). My guess is that if they want Cucu it'll cost them around £50M - less than that I'd be disappointed; that OK with you? Not 'TB doesn't know what he's doing', just a tad disappointed. Anything over £50M, I'll be delighted. There, that's my take, just as a fan - what's your take?

FWIW, at a lower level - and bearing in mind that we'll never know the exact details, but going on what's been generally reported - no, I don't think we've massively undersold players because we don't know what we're doing - but I do think that Coventry and West Brom in particular have landed very, very good bargains from us! I'll boringly repeat my mantra - I hope weve got some bloody good sell-on clauses! Hope we insist on one of those for Ostigarde too!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Perhaps we should have made him sign a new contract two years ago. If not, we would have got double what we ended up with.
The club need to be smarter, they can obviously pick a player, just need to learn how to keep hold of them.

How exactly do you make a player sign a contract? I’m fairly certain the club would have tried to get Bissouma on a new deal over the last few years but if he doesn’t want to sign there is nothing the club can do about it.

Also another thing to consider is we could have sold him last summer for more than we’ve got from Spurs but we’d probably not have finished 9th. That alone has got us another £15 million in prize money from our normal 15th/16th, plus we’ve been able to bring through Mwepu in his first PL season, Mac Allister has shown real development over the last season and Cacideo had a brilliant run in the side at the end of the season. It’s unlikely we’d have given Moises that run in the side if we’d been looking over our shoulder at the relegation battle.

Sometimes the bigger picture needs looking at. Now we’ve just got to find a way to win without him (so more of the second half against West Ham please).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

How do you MAKE a player sign a new contract ?

Asking for a friend.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I respect your opinion. But to me, this sale, and the reaction to it on here, really smacks of "Know your place..... The mighty Spurs came calling, so what can you do?"

Small town, small club, mentality. Lads, it's only Tottenham innit.

Tottenham are a far bigger club than us and in the Champions League next season. Plus Bissouma had 1 year left on his contract. What part of those facts are you not understanding? Your reaction is utterly absurd - those of us with half a brain cell know our place, and it ain't in the champions league anytime soon. What fantastical mentality do you wish us to have?

Heaven help your wellbeing if cucu ends up going to City.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Mate, I'm not over Ben White yet.

The player who's contract was sold for £50m and the following year we still conceded less ?

You reminded me of him. I'd forgotten.

Our best players will leave for European football. We know our place. But this is how the club sustains itself, and why Potter is in charge.

The club know how to get a deal. So I'm guessing they'd done the sums on this one.

And his replacement has already been showing he's ready to step in.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Just like the Godfather film and hold a gun to his head and assure him if doesn't sign it his brains will be splattered all over it ?

He (or his agent) or both were never going to sign another contract as he has earned a better playing deal.

Good luck and will be interesting see how he progresses in a team with far better players than us albeit we have beaten them twice now in the Premier League.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How do you MAKE a player sign a new contract ?

Asking for a friend.

Offering more money is usually a good starting point! I'm sure we would have been talking to his agent about a new contract last summer, but no agreement reached. Not sure that's particularly benefitted the player - he could have trousered an extra £million quid for the last season and still got his move to Spurs this summer - but maybe Brighton could then have got another £5--£10M for him.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Just like the Godfather film and hold a gun to his head and assure him if doesn't sign it his brains will be splattered all over it ?

So we put a horses head in his agents bed? And if that doesn’t work then, Yves Bissouma, he sleeps with the fishes?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Offering more money is usually a good starting point! I'm sure we would have been talking to his agent about a new contract last summer, but no agreement reached. Not sure that's particularly benefitted the player - he could have trousered an extra £million quid for the last season and still got his move to Spurs this summer - but maybe Brighton could then have got another £5--£10M for him.

Genius, why didn't anyone think of that before. However, how much more do you think we should offer him and how will that affect other players in the squad? Asking for a friend!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Tottenham are a far bigger club than us and in the Champions League next season. Plus Bissouma had 1 year left on his contract. What part of those facts are you not understanding? Your reaction is utterly absurd - those of us with half a brain cell know our place, and it ain't in the champions league anytime soon. What fantastical mentality do you wish us to have?

Heaven help your wellbeing if cucu ends up going to City.

You're banging your head against a brick wall. There's none so blind as those that refuse to see!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Genius, why didn't anyone think of that before. However, how much more do you think we should offer him and how will that affect other players in the squad? Asking for a friend!

No idea. I was just answering the OP's question. Usually getting a player to sign a new deal involves offering them more money - and, TBF, a lot of the time that works. Do you think otherwise? Really looking forward to hearing your better suggestion.

The world awaits with baited breath.......................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here