Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getafe - pre-season friendly with La Liga side on Saturday 7th August, kick-off 7pm

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Opponents underwhelming but oh well.

More annoyed about the later KO - was hoping to take my boy to his first game and that will be too late for him

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Opponents underwhelming but oh well.

More annoyed about the later KO - was hoping to take my boy to his first game and that will be too late for him

Yep, same here. Had this pencilled down as the game to take my boys to their first match. Bit of a shame. One positive I suppose is now their first matches will be a competitive game with a full crowd etc so will probably be even more memorable for them.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’m hoping getting this ‘deal’ done puts us on good terms with the selling club.

Maybe it helps? I don’t know a lot about these things…

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’m probably working on the 7th August. I was gutted to be missing Real Madrid/PSG/Juventus but Getafe I saw 2 years ago out in Spain. I’m not so gutted now.

But if they could give us Cucurella that would be nice of them.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m hoping getting this ‘deal’ done puts us on good terms with the selling club.

Maybe it helps? I don’t know a lot about these things…

I don’t really know the strategy or approach for how we set up this friendlies either. But… crikey. It is a heck of a coincidence it’s a club whose player we’re heavily linked to buying.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's funny is the simple fact there'd be an identical, if not more, amount of moaning had the club announced Barcelona with a 3pm kick off.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Obviously, but then don't come out in the press and bill it as a prestige friendly. GP even said he hopes it will be Bayern Munich ffs.

That was before some twonk refused to close flights to India so he could get the glory of a (bang average) trade deal and let a lethal Covid variant into the country. Getting anyone to travel here that doesn’t need to has got to be an issue

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If we were to pay Getafe €1m less than Cucurella’s release fee we would save €3m in Spanish taxes.
If we were then to pay Getafe €1m to play a friendly at the Amex.............

Just saying

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Those who were looking forward to returning to the Amex with a bang, to celebrate 10 years of going week in week out whilst finally watching an exciting young team live test themselves against Europe's elite in front of a sell out crowd...

But the potential of signing a back-up left back who could change his mind and go to Roma in exchange for that is fine.

Ah don’t be such a misery guts. The following week is Burnley away don’t forget…

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Imagine being a Brighton fan that's upset about a preseason friendly against a Spanish top flight team. What a time to be alive :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a half-paced training ground pat-around. Does it really matter who its against ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Its a half-paced training ground pat-around. Does it really matter who its against ?

Exactly this. I mean ok, so it might have been nice for us fans if we had the chance to see some of the big name players that the really big boys of Europe have in their teams, the likes of Juve, one of the Milan teams, Barca, Real, PSG et al, but lets face it, how many of those teams would have been attracted by a friendly at Brighton, considering all the travel restrictions, anti-Covid measures etc. etc. that are around at the moment.

Good on Getafe for agreeing to bring a side to play the pre-season game l say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here