Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Billy Gilmour

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This was just explained on radio 4. As well as it could be anyway...
The Scotland team form a bubble.
The England team form a bubble.
Playing football outside on the pitch doesn't breach the bubble rule.
The chat in the tunnel between the 3 players for over 15 minutes after the game breached the bubble.
As such, mount and chilwell have to isolate from the rest of the England bubble as they could infect it...

Some sense at last.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The chat in the tunnel between the 3 players for over 15 minutes after the game breached the bubble.
As such, mount and chilwell have to isolate from the rest of the England bubble as they could infect it...

Why doesn't playing on a football pitch breach the bubble rule? What's the difference? Why don't the Scotland team have to self isolate if they were in contact with Gilmour?

Whichever way you look at this, its absolutely ridiculous. There are so many holes in this its untrue....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Why doesn't playing on a football pitch breach the bubble rule? What's the difference? Why don't the Scotland team have to self isolate if they were in contact with Gilmour?

Whichever way you look at this, its absolutely ridiculous. There are so many holes in this its untrue....

Doesn't look ridiculous to me at all. I'm struggling to see what the fuss is all about.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/mount-chilwell-isolating-england-scotland-b1870489.html

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair point but unless PHE are in the hotel monitoring the whole time, they must be relying upon the honesty of the team/management/Scottish FA- the table tennis video is quite damning.

A table tennis table is nine feet long. Given the air flow of infection is six feet, I doubt playing table tennis is so bad. It’s not like hugging.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Playing on a football pitch = out in the open air where Covid is less able to spread, + no prolonged unbroken proximity with somone

Having a chat for 15m+ in the tunnel = indoors, where Covid is more transmissable, particularly in close contact over a prolongued period of time.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Playing on a football pitch = out in the open air where Covid is less able to spread, + no prolonged unbroken proximity with somone

Having a chat for 15m+ in the tunnel = indoors, where Covid is more transmissable, particularly in close contact for a prolongued period of time.

With players from two different teams which I think is the important point.

There really isn't a conspiracy and unfortunately people are likening it to their own personal lives which it isn't.

1) An individual team is allowed to exist as a bubble.

2) They are being constantly tested. My understanding their contact on the pitch with players from other teams is also being analysed.

3) They must adhere to specific guidance from PHE off the pitch with particular adherence to mixing with individuals outside their bubble.

Our players ignored it and must self isolate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Losing the dopey over-promoted sap that is Mason Mount would be no great loss for England IMHO :lol:

Mmmmm.....while there is very little reason for me to not pile into a Chelsea player like a council sanitation demolition man with a wrecking ball piling into the Arthur Wait stand . . . Mount has been a standout player for club and country this season :shrug:

A cynic would be tempted to smell the whiff of malignant scottish subterfuge here, designed to throw doubt and discontent into the minds of God's own countrymen ???

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Doesn't look ridiculous? What's all the fuss about? Seriously?

You are really wondering why people are questioning this as odd? You may have your view but even if I agreed with it I wouldn't struggle to see an opposite opinion.

You adhere to the rules or not don't you ?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

I trust someone has explained this to the virus that it can't transmit for 15 mins then it can go beserk!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Basically - Mount & Chilwell have ignored and contravened the guidance that these elite athletes have presumably all had? That is - don't mix indoors with players/staff from other bubbles. If they hadn't been given that guidance - then the England management need to look at themselves and ask why not.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

All great except that Scottish bubble was popped when Gilmour tested positive! He was then in close proximity to team mates/staff after but none of them need to isolate but Mount/Chilwell do. Nope still dont get it!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Playing for Scotland this evening….who have just taken the lead through a VAR assisted penalty….I do wonder what co commentators watch these days…it was an obvious pen…he said he couldn’t see there was anything in it…then turned on a sixpence suggesting the Austrian should be sent off :facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Playing for Scotland this evening….who have just taken the lead through a VAR assisted penalty….I do wonder what co commentators watch these days…it was an obvious pen…he said he couldn’t see there was anything in it…then turned on a sixpence suggesting the Austrian should be sent off :facepalm:

Was he Scottish? As they know very little about football…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here