Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Billy Gilmour

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I just find it very odd that apparently no-one else needs to self-isolate in relation to Gilmour.

When the rest of the population gets pinged by the app that you've been close to a sufferer - and you must self-isolate - no idea who it was or where - just do it.

All weird to me.

They've just said on ITV that Chelski team mates Mount and James have tested negative but are being kept apart or something from the rest of the England team as they were ruffling Gilmore's hair and all pally pally with him after the game.

Naturally, I'm paraphrasing here :wink:

Anyway. It's one rule for elite sports people and one rule for the plebs, clearly. Always has been since Covid kicked off.

Edit: Looks like it's Chilwell and Mount. Not James.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What I can say for fact, unlike the paraphrased bollox I've posted above. In cycling, one member of a team's camp tests positve and the whole team is pulled from the race.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Huh, why though. They were tested and clean no?

Is this just an England PR thing? Ah well at least we’ll see Grealish and Sancho.

Incubation period, I assume. If they have caught covid from Gilmour, it can take a few days (~5?) before it shows as a positive on the tests.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Luckily we’re through and won’t matter too much where we come but still annoying especially when it’s not actually one of them - surely the whole Scotland squad should isolate as they’d have been closer to the bloke than a bit of hair ruffling outside!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Luckily we’re through and won’t matter too much where we come but still annoying especially when it’s not actually one of them - surely the whole Scotland squad should isolate as they’d have been closer to the bloke than a bit of hair ruffling outside!

This is what I don’t understand unless there’s more to come from the Scotland camp.

Surely Gilmour has had some level of contact and interaction with the most of the Scotland squad prior to his confirmation of covid.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I really really really don’t understand this.

Mount and Chilwell hug him after the game. He gets COVID, they have to self isolate.

What about the rest of the Scotland team who shared a changing room with him? The tackles during the game? The staff in the tunnel? The ref? The bus driver?

I’m sorry but this is absolutely farcical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
given the number of tests taken and their sensitivity, chances of at least one false positive during the tournament are fair certainty.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It is 100% correct that Gilmour shouldn't play. This is a respiratory illness and we have already seen one player collapse and almost die on the pitch albeit from a different illness.

Many of the others may already have had Covid in the past without knowing it and maybe have a little bit of protection against it.

Both squads I think should be tested every 24 hours leading up to the next match and everyone who tests positive should be isolated.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I really really really don’t understand this.

Mount and Chilwell hug him after the game. He gets COVID, they have to self isolate.

What about the rest of the Scotland team who shared a changing room with him? The tackles during the game? The staff in the tunnel? The ref? The bus driver?

I’m sorry but this is absolutely farcical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought it odd too, but saw some explanation in the media earlier. Contact between players at the tournament is very closely monitored, much more than I realised including GPS data.

The data is fed back to Public Health England who then advise. It's all dependent on the type of contact and duration.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
According to the NHS website we should :
“Self isolate immediately if........you are told you have been in contact with someone who tested positive “

So that should rule out the Scotland squad and the outfield English players who played against him.
One rule for them ...eh?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
According to the NHS website we should :
“Self isolate immediately if........you are told you have been in contact with someone who tested positive “

So that should rule out the Scotland squad and the outfield English players who played against him.
One rule for them ...eh?

Presumably that rule that allows them different treatment is the one that allows ‘elite’ sport in the first place. Once that distinction is made then there will clearly be different protocols in place than for ordinary people otherwise the whole thing falls over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here