Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Billy Gilmour

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Gilmour is ridiculously overhyped. He’s got potential but he’s 20 and been loaned out to an absolutely rank rotten Norwich. He’s never going to be good enough to start for Chelsea and will end up at some mid table team at best and realistically the championship.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Gilmour is ridiculously overhyped. He’s got potential but he’s 20 and been loaned out to an absolutely rank rotten Norwich. He’s never going to be good enough to start for Chelsea and will end up at some mid table team at best and realistically the championship.

He has already made five Premier League starts for Chelsea.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Mason Mount was starting at Chelsea every week when he was 20. His loan at Derby ended in May 2019, four months after his 20th birthday. The following season 2019/20 he was a regular.

Gilmour won’t get close to Mounts level in my opinion.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

He has a very over rated Champions League Winners Medal as well.

I wish I was that overhyped. Scotland have a few very good players coming through at the moment. They need to unearth some strikers and a goalkeeper and a couple of decent central defenders. Their good youngsters are all full Backs and nidfielders

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
He has a very over rated Champions League Winners Medal as well.

I wish I was that overhyped. Scotland have a few very good players coming through at the moment. They need to unearth some strikers and a goalkeeper and a couple of decent central defenders. Their good youngsters are all full Backs and nidfielders

Oh come on; he was an unused sub in the final and made two champions league appearances that season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Oh come on; he was an unused sub in the final and made two champions league appearances that season.

I think the lad is a superb player. Better than MC Tomminay who holds down a place at Man United. He is better than John Mc Ginn who holds down a place at Aston Villa.

And David Turnbull at Celtic is better than all of them in terms of footballing ability. He just doesn't do the defensive side of his game very well.

You could put Turnbull in an England side who are currently on the offensive but Scotland ain't on the offensive often enough

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Mason Mount was starting at Chelsea every week when he was 20. His loan at Derby ended in May 2019, four months after his 20th birthday. The following season 2019/20 he was a regular.

Gilmour won’t get close to Mounts level in my opinion.

So, in answer to my question, none?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
So, in answer to my question, none?

Can you not read, at the age of Twenty Mason Mount was a regular starter in PL for Chelsea. In August 2019, aged 20, he was a starter for Chelsea every week under Frank Lampard. Gilmour is 20 now and on loan all season at Norwich so will be 21 if he started games next season for Chelsea.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know what you typed. Beyond that, thankfully, I have no idea what goes on between your ears.

Someone took you on?

Oh dear :facepalm:

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wee Billie is an excellent player and I'd have him at the Albion in a femtosecond. Possibly an attosecond. Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can’t see him playing for Chelsea, the only slight chance he has for the first team squad is Saul is on loan and Jorginho is almost at the end of his contract.

We should singe him up!

Not sure he's going to learn a lot at Naarwich.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How to concede lots of goals and run round like a headless chicken

Cantwell is very good as well.

A couple of shiney things, one possibly a gem and the other possibly an industrial diamond, in a field of eager donkeys.

Sorry for digging you out earlier today. I "may: have misinterpreted your post :facepalm:

:lolol:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Can you not read, at the age of Twenty Mason Mount was a regular starter in PL for Chelsea. In August 2019, aged 20, he was a starter for Chelsea every week under Frank Lampard. Gilmour is 20 now and on loan all season at Norwich so will be 21 if he started games next season for Chelsea.

I have no idea whether Gilmour will go on to be anywhere near as good as Mount, but the fact is at the same age (20 years and a couple of months), the latter was in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here