Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Catching them

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I guess the proof is in the pudding - they always finish above us in the league and the league never lies.

The proof is NEVER in the pudding. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

I much prefer the taste of our pudding to theirs up the road. I’d prefer if we could finish above them, nonetheless.

The wait has been intolerable at times, but we will finally overtake them next season and they won’t see us for dust. That same dust that they use to make their pudding.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
The proof is NEVER in the pudding. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

I much prefer the taste of our pudding to theirs up the road. I’d prefer if we could finish above them, nonetheless.

The wait has been intolerable at times, but we will finally overtake them next season and they won’t see us for dust. That same dust that they use to make their pudding.

Thank you for your excellent pudding advice - you are of course correct.:bowdown:

Slight chance we may overtake our friends from "up North" this season and it will be interesting to see how they fair at Bramhall Lane.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
They have loads and loads of first team players out of contract and off the wage bill.

Unless they are going after a team of free transfers, how is that anything other than a bad thing while Covid is still going on? They lost £59m didn't they?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I seem to recall that they barely managed another point after being "safe" last season.

There's still a chance.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I have a £20 end of season highest in table bet with a pub owning mate of mine.
He jokes that he now declares me on his tax return I'm paying him so much.
Seeing him at the end of May and got a sneaky feeling I'm going to be quids in.
He did say a month or so back he couldn't see Palace getting another point this season, which is how it's going.

TBF palace have played Chelsea, Leicester and Man City in the last 3 games, I am not sure any palace supporters thought they would get anything there. But with Southampton, Sheffield united and villa coming up, I would expect to get a point or two.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They did that a few years ago: how many games did De Boer last? Was it six?

It's one thing wanting to rebuild a squad and play better football, it's much harder to do it. It's why I think Potter's ability to reshape the team completely and maintain our PL status has been incredible.

If Palace want to do similar, they're going to have to swallow a bad run along the way. As we saw with De Boer, Prince Charming would never have tolerared the winless run that Potter had earlier this season.

De Boer’s winless run consisted of 6 losses in which Palace didn’t score a single goal. I don’t know what the worst 6 game run we’ve had under GP is, but I’m certain it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as that!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
TBF palace have played Chelsea, Leicester and Man City in the last 3 games, I am not sure any palace supporters thought they would get anything there. But with Southampton, Sheffield united and villa coming up, I would expect to get a point or two.

Like you thought you might against Burnley, Villa and Wolves last season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This Imposter Syndrome is a right old kick in the ballbag, isn't it?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
But we’re still quite clearly so so so so much better than them in all areas (apart from maybe finishing)

I think you’ve overlooked the fact that you are worse than us in actually winning points in the Premier League.

It’s quite an important statistic to ignore, when all’s said and done.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think you’ve overlooked the fact that you are worse than us in actually winning points in the Premier League.

So who’s going to be your manager next season....Roy or A Nother

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

It’s about the same no? We’re so much better than palace 2010 (floor shitters version). I’m quite happy we have stayed up - yes it would be nice to finish above you lot and some justice given we’re there on merit but that’s not a huge deal. 6 points in a season would be the main bragging rights. But also, 90 other teams in the football league feel exactly the same about you and MK Dons so it’s not possible for all 90 to finish above the 2 franchise cheats.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
It’s about the same no? We’re so much better than palace 2010 (floor shitters version). I’m quite happy we have stayed up - yes it would be nice to finish above you lot and some justice given we’re there on merit but that’s not a huge deal. 6 points in a season would be the main bragging rights. But also, 90 other teams in the football league feel exactly the same about you and MK Dons so it’s not possible for all 90 to finish above the 2 franchise cheats.

Fine words but they don’t count for anything when it comes to the league table.

It’s not really ‘about the same’ sheebo to be fair.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fine words but they don’t count for anything when it comes to the league table.

It’s not really ‘about the same’ sheebo to be fair.

41 and 37 points is about the same? So you’re not really that much better at taking points than us are you? I’d genuinely much rather be us than you in terms of the 2 playing squads, managers, reputation and points total. I genuinely would. We’ve stayed up and that’s the main aim for us. I think you will have a hell of a job in the Summer and will be looking to emulate Bloom as many do - finding a manager to change the style to proper football and not to go down in the process. It’s a big ask but you usually tend to pull most things off annoyingly - even shitting on the floor and keeping it quiet and letting another club take the blame - seriously impressive...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here