Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Ben White Rumour

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Ben White has been fantastic and consistently so all season. Any suggestion otherwise is revisionism or just plain wrong in my opinion.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He’s literally put the most likely reason in the post that you quoted.

Not sure it says why Stoke thought it was a good idea to let him go for nothing only that the contract was cancelled by mutual consent or have i missed something?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Still no reason for giving him away - get a few bob for him; better than nowt.

He was on 64K a week. The burden of employment costs of over 3.5m per year for a player that didn’t want to be at Championship Stoke are good enough reason.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
can we stop being stupid with the French please - I'm sure there is a rule about messages needing to be in English

D306DEB5-4C9C-4615-A430-AE2C25F838C2.jpeg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In terms of keeping a player, they mean nothing, aside from the fact that if a club decides to sell, the selling club gets a better deal than if the player's contract was coming to an end.

We both know that. I'm not sure what your point is?

My original point was how are we a 'selling club', when our current three biggest assets haven't gone anywhere yet, and are all on long contracts.

That's not to say we won't sell any of them btw. I don't have a crystal ball. But the current situation, and indeed our selling history since being back in the top flight, suggests we are anything but a selling club.

I think the clue is in the thread title.
Rumour alone doesn't make us a 'selling club' right now.

The only reason we're 'not a selling club', as you put it, is that nobody's offered us £40 or £50M plus for any of our players.The biggest offer we've ever had was a paltry £25M or so for Ben White, which wasn't enough. If they'd offered us double that (£50M with add-ons) I personally have no doubt that we'd have done the deal.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The only reason we're 'not a selling club', as you put it, is that nobody's offered us £40 or £50M plus for any of our players.The biggest offer we've ever had was a paltry £25M or so for Ben White, which wasn't enough. If they'd offered us double that (£50M with add-ons) I personally have no doubt that we'd have done the deal.

The papers were wrong, as usual. It was £30m. Bielsa confirmed that himself later on.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The papers were wrong, as usual. It was £30m. Bielsa confirmed that himself later on.

£25M or so - never heard of add-ons, sell on clauses etc?

..........and what's that got to do with nobody ever offering us £40 - £50M plus for any of our players? They haven't .........................

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The only reason we're 'not a selling club', as you put it, I'd that nobody's offered us £40 or £50M plus for any of our players.The biggest offer we've ever had was a paltry £25M or so for Ben White, which wasn't enough. If they'd offered us double that (£50M with add-ons) I personally have no doubt that we'd have done the deal.

And as one of our ex managers famously said....

'If my granny had balls she'd be my grandad.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here