Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sadly Our Starting Eleven Just Looks Like Relegation Fodder

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Palace did beat United away last season - at the eleventh time of asking. They lost their first 10 away games to United in the premier league. Overall they have beaten Manchester United twice in 23 premier league games home and away, the same number we have managed in seven games.

That is rather disingenuous because during the PL era, Utd utterly dominated English football. But anyway, I was talking about our away performances and I’d certainly take two wins at OT in 12 appearances. Certainly beats our none in 7, almost certainly 8! What’s their record like at Chelsea out of interest? And Everton? And Liverpool? And city? Be interested to see those.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is an over reaction, but for me I've stopped getting excited about us scoring as it seems we will just concede within a few minutes anyway.

Maybe I'll allow myself a small smile if we score in added time, but then again how long will the added time be extended by ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
why are you making up this shit? what's the point, you can't carry off the lie, so why do it?

What lies? I’ve remarked about how we never get a result at a number of places by comparison to other teams like us. Go read the record books if you don’t believe me. When something is a historical fact it’s called the truth. As opposed to a lie. Unless you’re Donald trump. And frankly, you’re sounding a bit like on this thread so go and lie down (see what I did there? Nah, you probably didn’t...)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just dreadful.

Q How do you progess from being EPL cannon fodderand just clinging on in there for another season or two?

A Pay market prices. Or fold :shrug:

If you’re such an expert, why didn’t you post this after the exact same 11 hammered Newcastle 13 days ago? Prick.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Er Maupay scored two and Connolly the third. Second game of the season.

Ah, Newcastle! We’re getting our Uniteds confused. Well, I’m not. The conversation was about Manchester’s lot. We’ve been winning at St James since the 70s, it’s not exactly a shock result for us winning there. Merely good!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That is rather disingenuous because during the PL era, Utd utterly dominated English football. But anyway, I was talking about our away performances and I’d certainly take two wins at OT in 12 appearances. Certainly beats our none in 7, almost certainly 8! What’s their record like at Chelsea out of interest? And Everton? And Liverpool? And city? Be interested to see those.

No one does well away at those clubs. There is the odd result which stands out, but overall no one does well. Palace right now have a style and players that can get those smash and grab away wins more readily than anyone else. But that same style also produced their laughable home record and poor goal scoring tally last season.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
What lies? I’ve remarked about how we never get a result at a number of places by comparison to other teams like us. Go read the record books if you don’t believe me. When something is a historical fact it’s called the truth. As opposed to a lie. Unless you’re Donald trump. And frankly, you’re sounding a bit like on this thread so go and lie down (see what I did there? Nah, you probably didn’t...)

v poor

you need a cold damp flannel on the forehead, you've lost the plot

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven’t bothered to read the thread but with a bit of luck, less stupid defensive errors and a ref who is not backing the opposition we’ll be absolutely fine. I am getting pissed off with how the ball is falling for the opposition and not us in front of goal. Have to confess that I am still waiting for Ryan to make an outrageous save this season too.

If we do go down then I’d rather we did it trying to play than shitting ourselves defending in depth and still getting similar results :shrug:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Agree it's worry, but it's only 4 games in and we've played some really tough games...however we seem to have the resistance of a popadom. It could get ugly this season.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No one does well away at those clubs. There is the odd result which stands out, but overall no one does well. Palace right now have a style and players that can get those smash and grab away wins more readily than anyone else. But that same style also produced their laughable home record and poor goal scoring tally last season.

West Brom beat Fergies all conquering Utd at OT...just saying! Think Palace have beaten Liverpool at Anfield a couple of times recently too. If we drift into cup games, Bradford stuffed Chelsea at Stamford Bridge when they were in the 3rd tier too! Nah, our away record at such places isn’t great. I’m not that upset by that though. What irritates is the continued rose tinted witterings from the excuse brigade that get trotted out again and again after such games in the face of a near constant or stark reality. We were bloody poor today, have a poor record at Goodison and it’s about time we started getting something out of such fixtures as other #teamslikebrighton have. It can be done. I expect and demand better.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Name one other team that has done that in a season?

I’m not talking about ONE season...:rant::censored:

I’m done, you’re doing my head in. Have a good evening. :whisky:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Just dreadful.

Q How do you progess from being EPL cannon fodderand just clinging on in there for another season or two?

A Pay market prices. Or fold :shrug:

4 games in. 4 games in! We've played Chelsea, Toon, Utd and what looks like a very very good Everton so far.

I wasn't expecting anything from our first 4 games points wise before the season started but our performances so far have me greatly enthused. Chelsea was unlucky. Toon away was a masterclass. Bitterly disappointing against Utd and just outplayed today at Goodish (when aren't we by the way).

But we are scoring goals and playing football AWAY. At home we will get the points against everyone but the top 7/8.

We're gonna be great. And if you can't handle the emotional rollercoaster of being an Albion fan then I suggest you get off at the next stop. Its never anything other than emotional.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I dont think we were as good as people were saying earlier and not as bad now - we have improved on last season but the fixtures during first month have been tough.

The part we really need to sort is defending set pieces. If we sort that out we will be fine.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
v poor

you need a cold damp flannel on the forehead, you've lost the plot

Not sure you were even at the party. :lolol:

Retire. Regroup. Reevaluate. Have a good evening. :drink:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Newcastle have made their best start in 7 seasons., we beat them.
Chelsea, Man Utd & Everton are all top 6 sides & we competed.
It's been a tough start but we have won plaudits, earned the right to be in this league and will continue to improve under Potter so dry your selves off, change the sheets & look forward to battering Palace :)

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
I dont think we were as good as people were saying earlier and not as bad now - we have improved on last season but the fixtures during first month have been tough.

The part we really need to sort is defending set pieces. If we sort that out we will be fine.

Spot on.

I remember similar rave reviews after beating Spurs at home last season.

We don’t have the players to produce that sort of performance (or that against ManU) every week. If we did we’d probably be top 6 material.........

Bad day at the office today all round but we were still in the game till the third goal went in.

Agree about defending set pieces and would add that our own set pieces are invariably poor too. Today’s were terrible!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here