Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sadly Our Starting Eleven Just Looks Like Relegation Fodder

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Fair but we never used to get hammered under hughton. I prefer potter but it's a tad demoralising at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Brighton 1 Liverpool 5
Brighton 0 Chelsea 4
Liverpool 4 Brighton 0

Fulham 4 Brighton 2
Brighton 0 Bournemouth 5
Brighton 1 Man City 4

Nope never got hammered under Hughton not once. It was a poor performance, they punished our defensive mistakes, but we looked way better going forward than we ever did under Hughton. The baffling tactics at attacking set pieces have to stop though.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
We’ve lost against 3 top, top teams. Comical defending today but we’ve been largely unlucky as well.

Ridiculous post, would understand if we’d lost to West Brom, Fulham etc but not Everton away and two teams worth 300m

So palace beat Utd at old Trafford
West Brom score 3 against Chelsea
And we gift Everton at least two goals cause we r scared of defending but u carry on

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It looks like a long hard season ahead. Any team watching our 4 games thus far now know all they have to do is deliver the ball into the box and we disintegrate and concede goals.
Keeper stay stuck on his line and the defenders for whatever reason are getting beaten to the ball

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Dunno.

These top teams let us play out pretty football and then just punish us on the break time and time and time again.

I know we hammered man u but at the end of the day they looked like they could score every attack. They even had two disallowed goals.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

They were offside so don't be a plonker.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
For those of you who watched this game we have cone a long long way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
For those of you who watched this game we have cone a long long way

f7dd3b325f49b1e9c734a24c6aa83732.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Only read the first two posts as the opening premise is so poorly thought through. My conclusion is that the opening posters 1. Know very little about football. 2. I am extremely grateful I sit near neither of them.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just put on the match thread, remember going up there in our fist season in the prem....now that was shocking!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Chelsea who’ve just spent a zillion pound on new players
Manchester United (Squad worth about 250m)
Newcastle Away (Ok, this one wasn’t so tough but on paper was a tough game)
Everton Away (Spent a lot of money and have won every game this year)

We’ve been very naive today, but it’s been a tough opening to the season. No excuses for our defending today it must get better, but even if we’d defended well I think Everton were well worth the win.

But you are excusing, you’re using that old chestnut about money. Palace beat Utd at OT. This season and last. West Brom got a point and nearly three against Chelsea. Everton are a form side, but haven’t you noticed how we have a habit of playing form sides?! That should tell you something. And if they’re not and indeed on a dreadful run, We’re like footballs AA van, arriving at other teams grounds to get them up and going again with 3pts and a cheery smile and wave as we depart on our coach having reignited their season. Every other smaller club pulls off shock results. We don’t. We just don’t. I had us down for 5-1 defeat today. 250-1. So close. Closer than most I expect. Too many rose tints on this board in denial aka Losers! Not saying you’re one of them, but when are we going to stop with the excuses every week, every season. Rather be in the Champ than never experiencing the joy of ever getting a result at a top side, where we’ve typically never done so during our entire history. Every season, endless excuses. Excuses, excuses excuses. Its BS. You only have to look at the results of a host of other unfashionable clubs like us who have pulled off a result at such places. But nope, with Brighton it’s always because of XYZ. Well bollocks to XYZ! Our mentality as fans and as a club it seems just ain’t strong enough when we’re on the road at such places. We expect to lose. And lose we do. Again and again. The only thing more predictable is the parade of excuses afterwards.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Was it vital that you let NSC know that you've placed a poster on the ignore list?

:shrug:

If you don't like what anyone says, just ignore it.

I wanted to respond to him, but couldn't think of anything else to say. Sometimes its just not worth arguing with a certain way of thinking. You know, I come on a football chat forum to discuss football, and I'm sure most of us kind of assume that the people we'll interact with have some knowledge and understanding of football, and particularly about our club. And then you are faced with that post and realise that its not always the case. Plenty to pick apart about our performance today, but that poster - and that poster - isn't the starting point.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Before today, Everton have had their best start in over 80 YEARS, probably now their best start ever! They are a very good team and could easily be top 6 this season. We’ve had 3 very good games especially last week when we should have beaten United. This was a very poor performance but until today we’ve looked good. Maupay has scored 4 in 4, so maybe we need to just tighten up the defence.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
Just dreadful.

Q How do you progess from being EPL cannon fodderand just clinging on in there for another season or two?

A Pay market prices. Or fold :shrug:

Over reaction of the season by a long way 🤣

Playing the in form team away from home and lose because of our own mistakes, I can take that, it will happen!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here