Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sadly Our Starting Eleven Just Looks Like Relegation Fodder

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The general play was quite impressive today, it was just a few a few defensive blunders that made the score more flattering for Everton than it should have been. Everton are a top 6 side, so no disgrace really.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
We're going to win 1 out of every 10 games against the the top 6 (which Everton will be this season).

The same happened under Hughton. It's just the gap between us and them is still massive.

The most important signs will be how we do against the bottom half sides. Bed wetting until we've played at least a few more of them is monumentally stupid.

This is Dwayne you're talking to.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We're going to win 1 out of every 10 games against the the top 6 (which Everton will be this season).

The same happened under Hughton. It's just the gap between us and them is still massive.

The most important signs will be how we do against the bottom half sides. Bed wetting until we've played at least a few more of them is monumentally stupid.
Fair but we never used to get hammered under hughton. I prefer potter but it's a tad demoralising at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Just dreadful.

Q How do you progess from being EPL cannon fodderand just clinging on in there for another season or two?

A Pay market prices. Or fold :shrug:

Bit harsh Tom, we had 10 corners, 11 shots, more possession, more passes. We lost to a team who are more clinical than us. More practice on set pieces please Mr Potter, thats defending them and attacking corners. We will get set backs put at least we are competing.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I might be in the minority but I thought we at worst matched them in the 2nd half.
Teams with no backbone don’t keep going like we did and score at the end. Mina was probably MOM.
We are an EPL quality no 9 away from being a very strong mid-table side. That has been my only frustration this window, I actually feel like the club have let Potter down a little IMO.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hold your nerve people. this is a team in development playing against the form team.

See where we are after the next two. These will tell us where we are at.

Jimmy Grimble

Embarrassing.

Just as you were in The Tap.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was derided for this at the start of the season but it IS happenning: Due to our tough start people are throwing their toys out of the pram.
****ing get a grip. We have 3 pts from a tough start and have been playing very well on the whole. We will learn where we sit as a team in games against teams outside the top lot. So far we have excelled in the ONLY game like that this season.

This time in 2017, people said same
This time in 2018, ditto
This time in 2019, ditto
This time in 2020, ditto

Now, this proves we’re good enough to stay up. But you’d hope we’re not just going to be clinging on, stinking out the PL for yet another season. Whats wrong with maybe winning at Everton, Chelsea, United, Anfield etc when EVERY other smaller club seems to have done so except us. In our entire history. Now in our fourth season of trying. Still, at least we scored away from home. But this being the Albion, of course, our problem is now that we leak goals like we’re on the inside of some shady Hong Kong betting syndicate. Worryingly, we do this at home too.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Christ on a bike, I need to stay off NSC for a week I think. Everybody over the moon when we win, and absolutely pathetic when we lose - normal for all football fans of course, but the over reaction is ridiculous.

We've competed in nearly all the games, and are about where you'd expect. We've not had any 'easy' fixtures

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just shows the value of a proper pre season and getting your squad together early. Webster, White and Dunk look shaky but they’ll get it right. Biss and Alzate have made errors in dangerous areas but GP is sticking with them. Maupay and Trossard are getting goals and chances. Lamptey has done well but is young and can’t do it every week. March is having more influence.
We need 2 top class players unless lallana can play full matches.
Not bed wetting but it’s an uncomfortable watch at the moment against some very good players. Shouldnt be a great surprise.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I wouldn’t say we are worse than last year at all. We have replaced the slow play and side ways passing of Propper and Stephen’s with younger more dynamic players. We need to work out what we are doing at the back. Personally think that we have tried to accommodate White without dropping Dunk or Webster. Ryan is a very average keeper that will never command his box and therefore the centre halves need to step up. Potter needs to work out how to defend set pieces. Looks like we are zonal marking which simply isn’t working.

For all the plaudits Potter get for his style of play he needs to start to earn his money and sort the defence and keeper out!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Fair but we never used to get hammered under hughton. I prefer potter but it's a tad demoralising at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Im with you there in that we seemed to be tighter under Hughton but i think we have a less experienced, young side now with the possibility they have more potential to be a mid table team.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Christ on a bike, I need to stay off NSC for a week I think. Everybody over the moon when we win, and absolutely pathetic when we lose - normal for all football fans of course, but the over reaction is ridiculous.

We've competed in nearly all the games, and are about where you'd expect. We've not had any 'easy' fixtures

Football fans are hilarious. No middle ground.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
From corners

Our defence has been shite but we're 4 league games into the season and the 3 we've lost have been against teams with a far, far superior squad to ours.

Extremely frustrating game today, particularly the defending and our reluctance to whip any balls in the box from corners, but you've wet the bed massively with that OP.

I've be cheesed off we do very little with our corners where we line up our big CBs in A ROW... they changed it today and didn't whip in corners, WENT SHORT and still not good enough.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Just shows the value of a proper pre season and getting your squad together early. Webster, White and Dunk look shaky but they’ll get it right. Biss and Alzate have made errors in dangerous areas but GP is sticking with them. Maupay and Trossard are getting goals and chances. Lamptey has done well but is young and can’t do it every week. March is having more influence.
We need 2 top class players unless lallana can play full matches.
Not bed wetting but it’s an uncomfortable watch at the moment against some very good players. Shouldnt be a great surprise.

Nail on head, well put.:clap2:

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
Definite lack of leaders as well as physical strength/know how in this squad. This is illustrated by the number of times we've been unable to shut up shop and see things through to HT/FT after scoring. The loss of Stephens and Duffy exacerbated this. For all the plaudits GP receives for good football we are far too naive and soft - he needs to recognise and address this otherwise we're in for a long season.

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here