Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How seriously are you taking social distancing?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think the police are getting this wrong. Just seen pictures on the local news of them leafleting people who have driven a few miles out of town to exercise. One of the 'offenders' was making the point that all the city parks were packed (this was Bristol), so he'd driven a few miles out of town to somewhere quiet, so he could exercise while maintaining a safe distance. Surely this is to be commended. What with this, and that report yesterday that the Derbyshire police had dyed a lake black to deter visitors, they seem to be running round like headless chickens with no sort of coherent plan whatsoever.

Agreed!

Except re the lake which is frequently dyed black due to the toxicity of the water (see link below) but seems to have been picked up by the media anyway for a story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-22843481

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
This insistence that you mustn't drive to somewhere to take your daily permitted exercise does seem rather OTT. If you go for a walk outside your house you may have to be crossing the road to avoid people; your local park may be busy. On the other hand, you could get into your car (with the windows closed of course) and drive a few miles to somewhere where you can take a walk, probably without even seeing another person - tbh, that seems very sensible.

But it's banned ..................

I take my dog and walk him on the Ashdown forest, park somewhere quite and have a walk and mostly don't see another person. Well as you say they have stopped that so this morning walked out of my back gate to walk down the lane that goes on quite a nice walk round the village and saw 30 people doing the same, yes we all kept our 2 meters apart but it seemed a bit silly when I would not normally see a soul.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
New rules are our Tesco, I expect they are nationwide:

* There will be a queuing system to get into the store with all customers having to go through this, it will start at the end of the parent and baby parking. There will be colleagues outside to marshall this.

* The main trolley bays at the entrance to the store will be closed and customers will need to get a trolley from the ones in the car park.

* We will restrict the numbers of customers coming into the shop at any point and have colleagues manning both the entrance and exit to manage this.

* The customer toilets are now closed to customers. They are only available to colleagues.

* There are queuing systems in place at the Customer Service Desk, Pharmacy and Checkouts. Only 2 Customer Service Desk tills will be open at a time.

* Self Service will only have 2 tills open. The basket till will not be open, and we will only open every other mainbank checkout.

* There will be a single queuing aisle down aisle 2 which will be manned and customers directed to the next available till from there

* We are receiving Perspex screens for the mainbank checkouts, desk, pharmacy and PFS

* From tomorrow night we are putting a night shift back on to fill fresh which allows us to reduce the number of customers and colleagues in this area in the morning.

* There are t-shirts and name badge surrounds coming in next week promoting keeping 2 metres apart.

* We are happy for colleagues to wear gloves and mask and we will be getting a supply of these in. However, the government advice is still that hand washing is the most effective protection. To facilitate this we would want every colleague working on a checkout to come off their till every twenty minutes to wash their hands. The Team Support will manage this.

* There will be a one person one trolley rule in principle however there will be some obvious exceptions to this...such as a parent on their own with young children.

Managing the number of customers coming into store will help, but if any colleague at any time feels uncomfortable in the aisle they are working on as there are too many customers in that aisle at any point, please just take yourself out of that aisles until the customers have moved out of the aisle.

Anyone else find their use of colleague a little grating?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've not been near anyone for well over a week now. I think there's an element of personal responsibility at play - regardless of what other people are doing if you follow the rules you definitely won't get it.
This.....quite simple really isn’t it ?
Not so simple when you or your partner works for the NHS, or some of the other key industries.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Day 13 for us due to the wife’s health condition. The cat asked if we wanted the radio left on as he was going out.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Taking it very seriously, haven’t left the house now for 2 weeks. Luckily have a garden, treadmill and Joe Wicks for exercise!

Live opposite some playing fields/football pitches though and every day there are loads of people there at the same time, groups of teenagers playing football together alongside the dog walkers and joggers. So ignorant and selfish.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I take my dog and walk him on the Ashdown forest, park somewhere quite and have a walk and mostly don't see another person. Well as you say they have stopped that so this morning walked out of my back gate to walk down the lane that goes on quite a nice walk round the village and saw 30 people doing the same, yes we all kept our 2 meters apart but it seemed a bit silly when I would not normally see a soul.

No it's not silly.

You drive away from the area you live you can infect an area that currently is free of the virus. How do you do this? By touching a gate that some innocent local touched after you, you stop at the local store or garage and infect all those in there.

Please stay away from the countryside if you're a townie or villager we don't want you here, many thanks.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Putting only the cities would be a disaster. If any signal of it was leaked you would have hordes of people leaving and going to stay with relatives/friends in the country side.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Haven't been outside the boundary of our property for 2 weeks.Luckily we have a garden and I have got some exercise from doing things out there.
Luckily, this old git in his 70's has a younger wife, so she and number one son are in charge of foraging for essential supplies. So far so good.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
My neighbours have got a little gathering going on today in their garden. They are a couple in their thirties with a little girl. The mum is 36 weeks pregnant. The dad's elderly parents are there. There's another young couple with a kid.

I'm no curtain twitcher but this is really pi$$ing me off. What do I do?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
My neighbours have got a little gathering going on today in their garden. They are a couple in their thirties with a little girl. The mum is 36 weeks pregnant. The dad's elderly parents are there. There's another young couple with a kid.

I'm no curtain twitcher but this is really pi$$ing me off. What do I do?

are the women fit ?

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
After finishing work yesterday, I popped in to Tesco Holmbush. Arrows on the floor directing the flow, up one isle, down the next with tape marking out 2 meter distance. Some ****wits still unable to follow across or keep the distance. The main culprits were the elderly or the ones with a face mask on. Had to politely asked an elderly couple to move away from me whilst I was getting some milk out of the fridge. At the checkout a gimp started putting his items on the belt whilst I was waiting for my shopping to scan, I asked him if he did not understand the 2 meter distance to which he replied, " if your that concerned get a face mask and gloves like me". Checkout girl asked hi m to respect the 2 meter rule of will have security remove him from the store.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here