Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How seriously are you taking social distancing?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Understand Germany are about to mandate that you can only be out in ‘groups’ of maximum 2 people.

Yeah, lets hope they follow it... many Germans dont like that they have an army at all, even more would be either terrified or in some places willing to fight it if it came to lockdown their own country. It would be complicated, perhaps even more complicated than in France.

Luckily, I think the average German is a bit less complacent than many other European people, so they might follow these rules reasonbly well... time will tell.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Evidently I'm one of those who dont get it. How would driving my car to the Lake District and walking about in the fresh air miles from the nearest person be dangerous and irresponsible? The national trust have opened up its sites for free to encourage us to walk in the open. But now the reports are complaining about us flooding to the parks?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51947349

And eventually you are going to fill up with fuel ;)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm planning a four mile beach path walk each evening. But later on when it's quiet. Good way to get exercise and stay within the rules. Shouldn't be anyone within 50 metres let alone 2.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
**** me. It’s like rush hour in the middle of London on Cissbury Ring.

Lots of groups that are clearly not just a single family too.

I fully appreciate I am part of that crowd right now, but we are a group of three who live under one roof and we’re trying to leave as much space as we can - standing well back at gates to allow others to pass etc.

Snowdonia national park reporting record visitor numbers today, packed inner city markets. Some behaving like it's just an extended holiday.

Not sure if this has been posted as been away a few days, but if any of you have the time, please do listen to an A&E consultant Dr Al calling into Stephen Nolan on R5Live..... It's both frightening and truly humbling. The severity of not simply staying indoors is clearly illustrated. This should be compulsory listening to the "extended holiday - carry on as normal" brigade.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0877mb2

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Evidently I'm one of those who dont get it. How would driving my car to the Lake District and walking about in the fresh air miles from the nearest person be dangerous and irresponsible? The national trust have opened up its sites for free to encourage us to walk in the open. But now the reports are complaining about us flooding to the parks?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51947349

It’s not complicated. If you are already infected without realizing you will infect others and will be a burden on a rural NHS. You will also be a burden on food supply that is meant for the residents of the Lake District. I could judge but then so could you if you start considering other people... so I won’t.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It’s not complicated. If you are already infected without realizing you will infect others and will be a burden on a rural NHS. You will also be a burden on food supply that is meant for the residents of the Lake District. I could judge but then so could you if you start considering other people... so I won’t.

Outside of Cities, the highest number of cases in a local authority area are Cumbria (Lake District), and Derbyshire (Peak District), despite having relatively small resident populations. Stay local please.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
ddc5aa748015ceadeac3f49168ced506.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mind blowing

Just found his twitter page to have a look - I'm not on twitter but if seems his post has been removed? If so I hope through people telling him what a fvcking moron he is/they are!

Yep, I went on to call him a **** but couldn’t find the tweet......suspect he might have had his fair share of abuse already

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I posted on the main thread but for others. My mum lives in Spain and they have now been told that only 1 person is allowed in a car at anytime. Presumably, that will happen here at some point.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I posted on the main thread but for others. My mum lives in Spain and they have now been told that only 1 person is allowed in a car at anytime. Presumably, that will happen here at some point.

Scuppers my idea of starting a taxi firm!! Bugger

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Health workers here are already observing this.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Madness, suppose people have to be told to go home by employer before they can get any pay on the government 80% scheme?

Yeah - whilst there is no defending the people in the parks etc (I’ve been going for runs early morning and no one around) those that have to be out or fail to pay bills are being caught up in this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have been in zero contact with anyone for 40 hours.

Now forced into the office by the bosses :facepalm:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What’s irritating is that most of the people that are out and about are the sort of people who would normally be very happy to sit on their fat arses watching telly all day long. They’re just out for defiance.

Overheard some old dear, chattering to strangers in Asda, telling them “no need to stay indoors, look at Italy, they’re all indoors and they are all dying. More people are dying through self isolation than the virus”.

Some people just aren’t listening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here