Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How seriously are you taking social distancing?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Think I'm living around a bunch of ****ing idiots at the moment. People behind us, friend has just come over and sitting in their back garden.

The next door neighbour has just got in the car with her friend.

The people opposite had friends over last night.

This isn't going to work if people don't follow the advice. If the numbers go up in 14 days time you know the reason why.

Phone the local police - I’m not one for snitching on people - but this isn’t normal times.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Think I'm living around a bunch of ****ing idiots at the moment. People behind us, friend has just come over and sitting in their back garden.

The next door neighbour has just got in the car with her friend.

The people opposite had friends over last night.

This isn't going to work if people don't follow the advice. If the numbers go up in 14 days time you know the reason why.

I bet they were all out clapping last night though. What is up with these thicko’s? I doubt they watch the news to see exactly what’s going on.

D

Deleted member 22389

I bet they were all out clapping last night though. What is up with these thicko’s? I doubt they watch the news to see exactly what’s going on.

My thoughts exactly. We all want this piece of shit virus to bugger off, give our country a break, but with people like this we have no chance. You use your back garden to be safe from people, not expect your neighbours to have friends round.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There does seem to be a lot more traffic on the road when I am. For whatever reason the worst road in Sussex - The A21 has got busier over the last couple of days apparently. I've heard from someone who cycled to Battle Great Wood earlier and there were an awful lot of dog walkers who'd driven there who knew each other and just happened to be there at the same time. Same as in outside one of the supermarket queues to go in. Social distancing wasn't being done properly by any of them. :nono:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brighton seafront pretty much deserted. Few joggers, walkers and cyclists going by but almost no-one......good news.

I must be really bored.....I am checking the webcam a few times a day just to see what’s going on.

13db8c3ed04052785f55a622ea498bc3.jpg

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/united-kingdom/england/brighton/brighton-pier.html

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've been a very good boy for a long time now, but thinking about going to a party tomorrow. I've had no social contact at all for three weeks except this board, buying cigarettes (and a bit of food) and a few emails with my mother. Cant stand Facebook and Instagram since all I see is people either having fun or worrying themselves to death. Its been fine but I really need some human interaction now...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I've been a very good boy for a long time now, but thinking about going to a party tomorrow. I've had no social contact at all for three weeks except this board, buying cigarettes (and a bit of food) and a few emails with my mother. Cant stand Facebook and Instagram since all I see is people either having fun or worrying themselves to death. Its been fine but I really need some human interaction now...

Boo hoo you, no social interaction for 3 weeks, grow a pair and stay in.. ! If not for your health, for someone else's...

And yes I know Sweden isn't in lockdown...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Boo hoo you, no social interaction for 3 weeks, grow a pair and stay in.. ! If not for your health, for someone else's...

And yes I know Sweden isn't in lockdown...

Well, the party is happening with or without me and I'm by far the least likely to be infected.

I stand by my opinion that no social interaction for three weeks is shit and that I need some. I dont have wife and kids, I dont have a phone, I dont have a webcam and the spring is giving me an insane desire to... have fun. I havent laughed for three weeks. If I keep up with this complete social isolation its more likely to kill me than this ****ing virus.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well, the party is happening with or without me and I'm by far the least likely to be infected.

I stand by my opinion that no social interaction for three weeks is shit and that I need some. I dont have wife and kids, I dont have a phone, I dont have a webcam and the spring is giving me an insane desire to... have fun. I havent laughed for three weeks. If I keep up with this complete social isolation its more likely to kill me than this ****ing virus.

At least you won't kill someone else...

Go and sit in a basement and make some banners...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

Swansman should come to Faversham. Even with utmost care, shopping only in the expensive outlet, me and the missus still get goons standing in our personal space. I'm sure the lump in who sashayed under my armpit today would welcome a Swedish cuddle. :facepalm:

Meanwhile I'm feeling less and less guilty dodging the kids and dogs on Faversham Creek for an isolated walk, out of town, in a secret location.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My thoughts exactly. We all want this piece of shit virus to bugger off, give our country a break, but with people like this we have no chance. You use your back garden to be safe from people, not expect your neighbours to have friends round.

Same here. the vast majority in the road seem to be obeying the rules, apart from one abode where visitors come and go. Now multiply this hundreds of thousands of times, then we have the situation you allude to.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I've been impressed with how well it's been observed round here considering the weather it's been very quiet

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

They are all 20-30 years old and none of them are allowed to leave the campus of the folk high school (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folk_high_school). Worst case scenario I infect them (which would be sort of good, according to what we're doing here) but they wouldnt be able to spread it to high risk people. In fact, if they get sick now while living at the school, they are less likely to become sick when they move in June and thus less likely (as they would be immune) to infect ie parents and grandparents. If I, against all odds, would infect these people, it could actually save lives.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
They are all 20-30 years old and none of them are allowed to leave the campus of the folk high school (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folk_high_school). Worst case scenario I infect them (which would be sort of good, according to what we're doing here) but they wouldnt be able to spread it to high risk people. In fact, if they get sick now while living at the school, they are less likely to become sick when they move in June and thus less likely (as they would be immune) to infect ie parents and grandparents. If I, against all odds, would infect these people, it could actually save lives.

Please don’t move to England any time soon...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve just been reading about how the Berlin police were driving around the city’s parks yesterday in their sound trucks complimenting us on our adherence to the distancing guidelines. Apparently they were saying “We prefer tell you off, but today we say well done for your good behaviour”

It made me chuckle.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There does seem to be a lot more traffic on the road when I am. For whatever reason the worst road in Sussex - The A21 has got busier over the last couple of days apparently. I've heard from someone who cycled to Battle Great Wood earlier and there were an awful lot of dog walkers who'd driven there who knew each other and just happened to be there at the same time. Same as in outside one of the supermarket queues to go in. Social distancing wasn't being done properly by any of them. :nono:

So what was the person you heard from doing in Battle great wood? He shouldn't have been there either.

I live on the A21 between Robertsbridge and Hurst Green and it's not busy here.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Remember, part of the reasoning behind the government’s slow introduction of the lockdown was that they thought people would only tolerate it for so long.

I think people are starting to get bored and antsy with it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So what was the person you heard from doing in Battle great wood? He shouldn't have been there either.

I live on the A21 between Robertsbridge and Hurst Green and it's not busy here.

He was out for a bike ride around Battle, which is where he lives. I've heard The A21 has got more busier than it was initially in lock-down between Hastings and Blackbrooks/Marley Lane again, I don't know about further up where you are.

Before logging on here now, I was literally just out for a walk in a park. I passed a couple of people later on, but on entering it there was nobody around apart from me and 5 kids in their late teens, having a BBQ on the far side. Once I was clear of them I dialled, for the first time in my life, 101 to grass them up to the police. It took 10 minutes to get through, but I spoke with a handler and gave the location, my details and what was going on and what I was doing out. She said unfortunately they've had lots and lots of similar calls today from across Sussex, but she'd pass it on to see if any officers were in the area, thanked me for calling and gave me a reference number. I never thought anything would come of my call, but if nothing else I've done my bit. Anyway as I came back round the park for my walk about 30 minutes later or so, they were still there, enjoying themselves in the sun. Just as I was about to leave the park however, I noticed a police car pull up on the other side of it and an officer get out and walk over towards them.

I have dialled 999 for an ambulance before, but I have never grassed anyone to the police before now about anything. I'm going to celebrate with a cold beer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here