Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How seriously are you taking social distancing?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm still going to work. Worked today. Traffic busiest its been in weeks.

In the last couple of days I've seen:

- Group of four blokes with their tops off walking who knows where
- A trio of elderly having a chin wag in close proximity outside a post office
- Group of teens sharing a joint
- A couple of mums with buggies nattering as they walk
- Kids of different ethnicities to one another holding a football

On the road there have been countless people driving who knows where. Elderly seem more guilty of this - especially those with moderately expensive cars and convertibles. Lots of 4x4's with people in summer gear going who knows where. People who are clearly not family sharing a car (could be house mates, but still suspect).

Police need to start carrying out random vehicle checks IMO. They need to ask people in the street where they're going and send them home.

It could be down to loneliness, but the older generations seem to be the ones breaking the lockdown more than younger generations.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Think I'm living around a bunch of ****ing idiots at the moment. People behind us, friend has just come over and sitting in their back garden.

The next door neighbour has just got in the car with her friend.

The people opposite had friends over last night.

This isn't going to work if people don't follow the advice. If the numbers go up in 14 days time you know the reason why.

Dial 101 - Sussex Police will respond to the incidents reported if they can. Unfortunately there's been a lot of them today.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can only go on what little I see, but I think it is slipping - people today in the supermarket paid little or no attention to it.

Agreed - I posted about what I thought was a horrendous experience in Tesco Worthing on Thursday.

Based on that, I think shops are going to be a major way the virus continues to spread faster than we'd like.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Brighton seafront pretty much deserted. Few joggers, walkers and cyclists going by but almost no-one......good news.

I must be really bored.....I am checking the webcam a few times a day just to see what’s going on.

13db8c3ed04052785f55a622ea498bc3.jpg

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/united-kingdom/england/brighton/brighton-pier.html

Hmm. I watched that link for 60 seconds and saw some appalling behaviour - mostly cyclists and runners, it has to be said. Twice I saw people turn round and glare at someone who brushed past them.

1.png
2.png

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Question;

I’m getting a bit bored of the green and the beach. Is there any harm in getting up proper early, 6 am and going further afield? Walking. Say up to Mill Hill or Devils Dyke? On my own.
What it be out of order?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
[SUB][/SUB]
Question;

I’m getting a bit bored of the green and the beach. Is there any harm in getting up proper early, 6 am and going further afield? Walking. Say up to Mill Hill or Devils Dyke? On my own.
What it be out of order?

Do it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Question;

What it be out of order?

Could you let me know first so i can have phone in hand ..oh and a description of clothing etc

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He was out for a bike ride around Battle, which is where he lives. I've heard The A21 has got more busier than it was initially in lock-down between Hastings and Blackbrooks/Marley Lane again, I don't know about further up where you are.

Before logging on here now, I was literally just out for a walk in a park. I passed a couple of people later on, but on entering it there was nobody around apart from me and 5 kids in their late teens, having a BBQ on the far side. Once I was clear of them I dialled, for the first time in my life, 101 to grass them up to the police. It took 10 minutes to get through, but I spoke with a handler and gave the location, my details and what was going on and what I was doing out. She said unfortunately they've had lots and lots of similar calls today from across Sussex, but she'd pass it on to see if any officers were in the area, thanked me for calling and gave me a reference number. I never thought anything would come of my call, but if nothing else I've done my bit. Anyway as I came back round the park for my walk about 30 minutes later or so, they were still there, enjoying themselves in the sun. Just as I was about to leave the park however, I noticed a police car pull up on the other side of it and an officer get out and walk over towards them.

I have dialled 999 for an ambulance before, but I have never grassed anyone to the police before now about anything. I'm going to celebrate with a cold beer.

I live on a country estate (look at me), in a bungalow down a private lane about 1/3 mile off the A21, there's a footpath close by. Yesterday there's a family walking the path who decided to come across the drive and stand by my drive, one holding onto my gate. I happened to be in the garden and asked them if everything was ok. Yes they said. I enquired to why they had left the path and were by my drive, to which they said what's it to do with me? from being nice I proceeded to read the riot act to them. The public are thick, end of.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Question;

What it be out of order?
Been heading out early and getting 1-2 hour sesh in before people wake up

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can only go on what little I see, but I think it is slipping - people today in the supermarket paid little or no attention to it.

5live today before 4pm had on a scientist guest, very knowledgeable on covid19 and pandemics. He felt that a safe vaccine is a long way off, possibly never. He commented that very soon the UK government will have to spell out the route to lifting restrictions, as the public will simply tire of the lockdown and that the economic damage will become unsustainable. Other european nations are already looking at this. Ultimately, strategies evolve into a pragmatic balance of life versus public adherence to restrictions and economics.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
5live today before 4pm had on a scientist guest, very knowledgeable on covid19 and pandemics. He felt that a safe vaccine is a long way off, possibly never. He commented that very soon the UK government will have to spell out the route to lifting restrictions, as the public will simply tire of the lockdown and that the economic damage will become unsustainable. Other european nations are already looking at this. Ultimately, strategies evolve into a pragmatic balance of life versus public adherence to restrictions and economics.

Yeah, this really can’t continue for much longer - the economy is crashing and jobs are being lost at a rapid rate.

It certainly can’t go on for some of the time frames mention on here - 12/18 months and there won’t be a country left.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Good overview of who is doing what and when here >>> https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/11/health/european-countries-reopening-coronavirus-intl/index.html

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah, this really can’t continue for much longer - the economy is crashing and jobs are being lost at a rapid rate.

It certainly can’t go on for some of the time frames mention on here - 12/18 months and there won’t be a country left.

It won’t.

The UK alone on a lockdown for 18 months, whilst continental Europe, Canada and the USA start lifting restrictions as early as April and May 2020 would be economic suicide. With no vaccine in sight, there won’t be a perfect zero-risk time to start lifting restrictions. Increasing numbers would start ignoring the rules, especially in summer weather.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

There is also a lot of negativity around herd immunity. This below offers real hope.
The drug Ivermectin has been shown to virtually wipe out CV19 within 48 hours (in lab conditions). If this translates to success in the field, please note I am not talking about clinical trials here, it could be a major step forward. This is not a vaccine, but a treatment.
This drug is commonly used to treat parasites, it has been widely used on humans worldwide and is cheap to produce. Other than pregnant or breastfeeding women, it is generally safe to use.

https://youtu.be/qc6VV7ue4cE

Firstly it may be able to stop cases progressing in hospital. If it then moves to early intervention alongside a test and trace strategy, we MAY just see some levels of normality return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here