Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Birmingham City v Brighton And Hove Albion 15.00 KO St Andrews

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
He retained the ball well......do you want to put it to a VOTE? Just ask others.....he did nothing wrong.........NOTHING

He was invisible in that 2nd half. You can start a poll if you want but i'm still going by what I saw. He looks heavy, doesn't hit the ball cleanly when under pressure and doesn't want to take anyone on. I really hope he does come good but if you're saying there was nothing wrong with Locadia's performance today and he actually played well, then I give up on hoping for anything more from him.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
He looked good going forward, but played several sloppy balls losing us possession too. Hopefully he'll iron those out (they weren't in his highlights video).

He looks like he’ll settle in okay to me however if I’m wrong I’ll be editing that post out of my highlights of NSC showreel.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Thought trossard looked really good today. At the centre of most things good and takes a high quality free kick as well

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Very happy with that. Most encouraging. Liked the formation. Liked the positivity. Big J great goal and assist. Trossard with 3 assists. Nice [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a dunce he is.

The bit about there not being much of a crowd, as all the workers from the Birmingham car factory are away on holiday, was up there with the stupidest commentary words ever uttered.

How is that as traditionally the car factories and allied businesses closed for 2 weeks when the children broke up from school. The workers are forced to take their holidays then hence this weekend being classed as the busiest travel get away weekend of the year. So he is perfectly correct.

This isnt 1975 though. Car factories aren't the significant employer in the region they once were. So the statement was pointless and irrelevant.

A bit like the comment that there are quite a few teams in the Birmingham area.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There's no doubt the commentator was an idiot but there are big car factories that do close for 2 weeks, particularly JLR. I had a software client in Birmingham until last year and there was a two week period where you couldn't arrange meetings because anyone who was married to a JLR employee would be off on holidays.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Very happy with that. Most encouraging. Liked the formation. Liked the positivity. Big J great goal and assist. Trossard with 3 assists. Muzza buried it. As did the Duff man. Nice [emoji106]

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I’ve only been half watching but Propper has looked like out worst player today.

Our worst player by a country mile. Lost the ball every time he controlled it and found one of their players when he passed it. Alzate may have had a few misplaced passes but did more in 20 minutes than he did all game. Liked the look of the three at the back. Burn looked solid. March looked so much better with the shackells off. All those complaining about Knochaert going and being replaced by a " player from a crap league" will be quiet now after Trossard's performance and off course that is the league we signed Knochaert from anyway. I for one are happy to trust in the manager if he does not get any new signings although watching Andone, I am still not sure if he will make it and we may need that all important striker. Locadia has always shown he has talent but looked as if he was blowing a bit near the end, but with more freedom he will score goals. It is a long time since I have seen us play one touch passing. Yes Birmingham did not look that good, but all the players look as if they are taking on board the new managers ethos. We may still struggle but at least it will be entertaining and hopefully once everything has settled down we may be surprised.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Our worst player by a country mile. Lost the ball every time he controlled it and found one of their players when he passed it. Alzate may have had a few misplaced passes but did more in 20 minutes than he did all game. Liked the look of the three at the back. Burn looked solid. March looked so much better with the shackells off. All those complaining about Knochaert going and being replaced by a " player from a crap league" will be quiet now after Trossard's performance and off course that is the league we signed Knochaert from anyway. I for one are happy to trust in the manager if he does not get any new signings although watching Andone, I am still not sure if he will make it and we may need that all important striker. Locadia has always shown he has talent but looked as if he was blowing a bit near the end, but with more freedom he will score goals. It is a long time since I have seen us play one touch passing. Yes Birmingham did not look that good, but all the players look as if they are taking on board the new managers ethos. We may still struggle but at least it will be entertaining and hopefully once everything has settled down we may be surprised.

Except Propper was heavily involved in the first goal, making himself available to Trossard and finding Locadia perfectly. Did give it away at other times though, agreed. Alzate looked ok when he came on.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He was invisible in that 2nd half. You can start a poll if you want but i'm still going by what I saw. He looks heavy, doesn't hit the ball cleanly when under pressure and doesn't want to take anyone on. I really hope he does come good but if you're saying there was nothing wrong with Locadia's performance today and he actually played well, then I give up on hoping for anything more from him.

Aww going to have to disgree with you.....and I know I'm right. :) Big Jurge will be a revelation this season.......ok not a 25 goal season but I can see a solid 10 goals and assists. He is a beast and just needs game time......feel free to bounce this but you have to admit you do hope I am right on this one.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I fancy Knocky would have looked as good against a team that have Gary Gardner first choice.

Did you enjoy the game today Chris ? How did the massive interview go ? I see you are still as negative as when you were our manager. Good luck. :cheers:

Screenshot_20190727-165321.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Encouraging display.

Trossard looking good again, loving him and March on the left.
Good turn and finish from Locadia.
Burn did well, Duffy and Dunk adapting well to a 3.
Midfield a concern, Propper very clumsy and some awful touches. Alzate seemed nervous and played like it.

I didn’t watch this friendly, but that’s very encouraging about March and Trossard. Could end up being our PL starters on merit? March did alright last season, despite negative instructions and static team mates.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Propper was conspicuously gash, consistently gave it away cheaply. I was getting heartily sick of him the longer last season went on. Needs to buck his ideas up.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Thought Trossard was far more effective than his 2nd half vs Fulham last week where he was barged off the ball every time he had it. Talk about a change in a week. Burn looks good and I suspect he will get the nod ahead of Clarke based on his slightly greater experience. Locadia looks more at ease in the system Potter played and I certainly wouldn't write him off yet.

Yes, Birmingham should have got a couple and our defense will be tested far more in the Prem so not entirely sure playing the 3 centre halfs will work, but suspect Potter may change formation from game to game depending on who we're playing.

Nice to see a few goals and reasonably encouraged but Birmingham looked far inferior to Fulham last week. They could really struggle.

Another 2 or 3 additions in the next fortnight and I will be more optimistic. It will still be a struggle I suspect this season but am definitely liking the efforts to get the ball forward quicker and get more shots off. Mojo on the rise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here