Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know we've moved on and evolved, but I do miss that Bruno/Knockaert combo down our right, it was so effective with them working in tandem. Montoya gets forward but never really seems to have anyone to combine with, nobody works an overlap with him like those two did.
I thought we would never surpass the Calde/Buckley combo and yet here we are.

This is life.

Imagine never seeing a Groß Turn up close?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I miss Bruno WAY more than I miss Knocky. It was always all about Knocky while he was here. Always the drama llama, while Bruno just quietly and efficiently went about his business.

Absolutely.

If I could put either Knocky or Bruno in a DeLoreon and take 10 years off them, then I'd strap that Iberian octogenarian slaphead to a flux capacitor every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have sat close to where Bruno sits for games this season, he lives every minute :bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have sat close to where Bruno sits for games this season, he lives every minute :bowdown:

BD6A0738-AE8F-4A11-8567-CCAE75112ADD.jpeg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Trossard is Knockaert but with brains.

No WAY would I swap them over.

No way I'm going to criticise Trossard, but can't agree with you.

For one, some of Trossards play on Saturday was very Knockyesque. A few step overs them gets tackled or passes to a full back

Secondly it's sort of the nature of that sort of player in that sort of position that you get inconsistency, poor games, inability to get past a particular defender, non percentage decision making. I can't think of any other those sort of players who deliver creativity every week and never seem to get stifled. Not up until you get to the level of a Messi

I actually think the two of them are really similar players. I'm quite prepared to say that at this early stage in his Albion career, Trossard is highly likely to end up a better player for us, but the difference between them is degree, not type.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trossard is Knockaert but with brains.

No WAY would I swap them over.

I was so excited by what I’ve seen from Trossard, until the United and Leicester games where he did not look an improvement on AK to me :shrug:

Is he better suited as a super sub against good teams?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Would still have him in my team every day over March ,AJ and on Saturdays poor performance trossard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I think this is a fair comment. All very well to say Knocky was inconsistent etc etc, but which of our wingers have shown consistency?

Izquierdo = constantly injured. Probably won't ever have that pace back
Trossard = Missed half the time so far and from what I gather missed a fair bit of time in Belgium. Has only started and had a good game for us once (against West Ham)
March = I don't think there are ay criticisms of Knocky you can't also make of Solly
Ali J = Hughton and Potter clearly don't rate him

I think there is a fair argument that Mooy and Gross should be playing in behind the striker(s) with Trossard coming on for a late cameo. This gives us excellent passing potential, but limits our ball carrying in the final third

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No way I'm going to criticise Trossard, but can't agree with you.

For one, some of Trossards play on Saturday was very Knockyesque. A few step overs them gets tackled or passes to a full back

Secondly it's sort of the nature of that sort of player in that sort of position that you get inconsistency, poor games, inability to get past a particular defender, non percentage decision making. I can't think of any other those sort of players who deliver creativity every week and never seem to get stifled. Not up until you get to the level of a Messi

I actually think the two of them are really similar players. I'm quite prepared to say that at this early stage in his Albion career, Trossard is highly likely to end up a better player for us, but the difference between them is degree, not type.

I was so excited by what I’ve seen from Trossard, until the United and Leicester games where he did not look an improvement on AK to me :shrug:

Is he better suited as a super sub against good teams?

Lets give him a little latitude - he's come back into the team after a couple of injuries, so it might take some time for him to get his eye in again. Plus he's only been playing in this country for five minutes.

Shifty-blue is right, the nature of 'creative' players is that you will always get inconsistency. They are trying to do the most difficult aspect of the game - beat a player, provide a killer pass, produce that bit of magic that unlocks a team. Knocky could do that at times, on his day he could be devastating.

But from what I've seen of Trossard so far, he is just a better all-round player. More intelligent with how he uses the ball, how he links play, see's a pass (his weight of pass is exquisite). Adept with either foot, so he's less predictable. And he has a coolness about him, he's not constantly on that emotional hair-trigger where you think he could lose his head at any moment and do something stupid.

I stand by my assertion - he's Knockaert with brains. And (injury permitting) he will only get better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last season he played 3,769 minutes for Genk across 47 matches - equivalent to 42x 90 minutes. The previous season he was out for 4 months with a torn muscle.
FakeNews

I heard he was a sicknote.

Given the choice between cold hard facts and Dwayne's opinion there's only one winner.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Anyone know what the deal is with Fulham? Are they committed to taking him, or can they just pass him back to us to see out the last two years of his contract?

Not sure.
On his day he is magical, but another day really infuriating.
Do the Albion need that now?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyone know what the deal is with Fulham? Are they committed to taking him, or can they just pass him back to us to see out the last two years of his contract?
Yes, they are committed to buy. £10 million I think, on top of his loan fee for this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here