Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not really good enough for the PL unfortunately. Great championship player and was excellent for us but not a player you could place trust in this level. It’s no coincidence the daft sendings off started when he couldn’t get his own way on the pitch.
Agree 100%. He has a discipline issue we can ill afford (unlike Dale Stephens) and isn't quick enough in thought, which is why he tries beating his man 3 times, usually can't do it in this league, and when he does manage it the chance is often gone.

I loved him like everyone else when he was here, but I'd rather he didn't stay, ruining the memories I have of him like Arsene Wenger at Arsenal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's moved on. Brighton and Hove Albion have moved on (as did Leicester, who went on to win the PL). Not much point in anybody not moving on too, really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's moved on. Brighton and Hove Albion have moved on (as did Leicester, who went on to win the PL). Not much point in anybody not moving on too, really.

Are you new here?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

But I suppose the reason why this debate is happening is that he hasn't moved permanently. It's a loan with a view to a permanent move. As has been said earlier, there are lots of reasons that permanent move could fall through, so while we hold his registration, I think it's legitimate to speculate whether he could or would be re-integrated into the squad. Same as our other loaned out senior players.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
but that lack of good decision making is common among a number of our players , March probably being a prime example but he was retained. The decision was probably not made on football ability but a number of factors , March is HGP, possibly March does not have as good a sale value and biggest of all March not a 'disaster' waiting to happen. I certainly have been more excited by AKs play and goals.....

???

March's potential sale value, partly because he is a HGP, but more due to his pace, reliability and flexibility (would you trust Knockaert at LWB?) is MILES higher than the £10m Knockaert will cost Fulham.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
???

March's potential sale value, partly because he is a HGP, but more due to his pace, reliability and flexibility (would you trust Knockaert at LWB?) is MILES higher than the £10m Knockaert will cost Fulham.

Could we see a return to the side of March on Saturday.... id quite like us too switch to 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 however you look at it with March coming in at Left wing back.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
???

Maybe ... but if we were losing the last game of the season 1-0 needing a draw to stay up and March and Knocky were our two attacking options on the bench, which would you rather see come on?

and reliability and flexibility, sure, but not pace

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could we see a return to the side of March on Saturday.... id quite like us too switch to 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 however you look at it with March coming in at Left wing back.
We could play March, April and May with a revolutionary 10-10-10 formation and it still won't be enough, on Saturday.

The Albion 'supporters' who love hating on the club will be in hogs heaven from 5pm on Saturday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Unless there is a surprise return to fitness for Bernardo, then yes, very much so.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Maybe ... but if we were losing the last game of the season 1-0 needing a draw to stay up and March and Knocky were our two attacking options on the bench, which would you rather see come on?

and reliability and flexibility, sure, but not pace

I seem to remember us losing 1-0 to Newcastle in desperate need of points to stave off relegation. Can't remember where Knockaert was at that point, but it was soon after his horrendous red card, so he may well have been suspended. I can remember March coming on at half-time and changing the game, gaining us a point which helped us towards survival.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
but that lack of good decision making is common among a number of our players , March probably being a prime example but he was retained. The decision was probably not made on football ability but a number of factors , March is HGP, possibly March does not have as good a sale value and biggest of all March not a 'disaster' waiting to happen. I certainly have been more excited by AKs play and goals.....

Agree with you it was not only a footballing decision .

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I seem to remember us losing 1-0 to Newcastle in desperate need of points to stave off relegation. Can't remember where Knockaert was at that point, but it was soon after his horrendous red card, so he may well have been suspended. I can remember March coming on at half-time and changing the game, gaining us a point which helped us towards survival.

So you'd go for March over Knocky in that situation then?

Not belittling Solly in any way, I just don't think he has the game changing, big match qualities that Knocky does.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Suggesting, as we probably knew, that he is not a team player and hence why he’s no longer here. Shame he has so much talent

Not how I read it at all. Doesn’t once mention him as a character...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
AK was fantastic for us we probably had him at his peak one of my all time favourite Albion players. Unfortunately he had personal grief and other issues in his life. Can’t believe some attitudes towards him now but that’s football supporters short memories I presume.

Luckily most are just keyboard warriors / guessers and he received the reception he deserved at Chelsea from seemingly the whole away end...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stephens was good enough last season though. AK isn’t suddenly going to be able to beat players he couldn’t last year. There is a decent reason both us and Leicester shipped him out (and why no one other than championship sides were interested in him this time).

I thought he was very good for large patches last season. Struggled a little the first season. Potter said his attitude in training was great - I think he’d fit in to our team perfectly and the reported £10m buy deal at the end of the season is a snip - he’s worth double that - even to a championship club.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Luckily most are just keyboard warriors / guessers and he received the reception he deserved at Chelsea from seemingly the whole away end...

Yes mate. If you want to know what Brighton fans think of Knocky, listen to the reception he gets every time he plays (or turns up for an away game). Don't listen to the peculiar subset on NSC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here