Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why does it need to be so binary with Knocky? Surely most fans agree he was phenomenal for us and could get their crowd on their feet. But we've moved on, he is getting older and really a fresh environment is probably best for all parties. He is playing regularly and we're clearly looking to improve, as we are in all areas of the squad.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Agree 100%. He has a discipline issue we can ill afford (unlike Dale Stephens) and isn't quick enough in thought, which is why he tries beating his man 3 times, usually can't do it in this league, and when he does manage it the chance is often gone.

I loved him like everyone else when he was here, but I'd rather he didn't stay, ruining the memories I have of him like Arsene Wenger at Arsenal.

I would say Stephens has done many more stupid and reckless tackles than Knockaert , he just seemed to get away with them more

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would say Stephens has done many more stupid and reckless tackles than Knockaert , he just seemed to get away with them more
Yes I think that's fair comment. Obviously though, tackling is a far bigger part of a central midfielder's game than that of a winger, so it would stand to reason that this is the case. Knocky at home to Bournemouth was inexcusable compared to any example you care to mention with Stephens I think...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But if Stephens didn't do his trademark stupid and reckless tackles, he then wouldn't be able to perform his customary and quite spectacular inch perfect recovery tackle.

Which I'm sure we'll all agree is a thing a beauty.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I cant remember the last time Solly took on and beat a full back, something Knocky would do on a frequent basis. Clubs pay bigger bucks for that ability. Not to say Solly doesn't have his abilities but he fit perfectly in Hughton's plans as a more defensive minded midfielder than he does now with Potter. Wherever Hughton ends up, don't be surprised if Solly is one of his first targets.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why does it need to be so binary with Knocky? Surely most fans agree he was phenomenal for us and could get their crowd on their feet. But we've moved on, he is getting older and really a fresh environment is probably best for all parties. He is playing regularly and we're clearly looking to improve, as we are in all areas of the squad.

In a nutshell, this.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Top player for us. Very much heart on his sleeve kind of player/bloke - pour le bien et le mal. Wish him well with Fulham - hope they get promoted too, one of the best and easiest away trips. Assuming, of course, we stay up! If not, hope Fulham, QPR and Brentford await to sweeten the pill of a return to The Championship.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Looks as if Knockaert had a good game today in Fulham's 2-1 win over QPR. BBC text says he hit bar once and was able to get the Fulham supporters to get behind the team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looks as if Knockaert had a good game today in Fulham's 2-1 win over QPR. BBC text says he hit bar once and was able to get the Fulham supporters to get behind the team.
Dare I say that isn't a good game for AK but the very definition of an AK game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He huffs and puffs, shoots and misses (unluckily - hit the woodwork twice I think) and gave teh (French) goalscorer lots of encouragement. Not filled his potential yet at the Cottage.

I haven't watched much of him at Fulham....how's he doing ? Biggest frustrations here for me were his decision making and his petulance - if he could improve the former and control the latter he'd be comfortably PL quality.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know we've moved on and evolved, but I do miss that Bruno/Knockaert combo down our right, it was so effective with them working in tandem. Montoya gets forward but never really seems to have anyone to combine with, nobody works an overlap with him like those two did.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know we've moved on and evolved, but I do miss that Bruno/Knockaert combo down our right, it was so effective with them working in tandem. Montoya gets forward but never really seems to have anyone to combine with, nobody works an overlap with him like those two did.

Agreed - absolutely loved the sight of an overlapping Bruno skipping past the fullback as if he wasn't there.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

I agree but it was so much more Bruno he was never flustered nearly always got his pass away a fantastic role model and I am sure an on pitch influance to AK when needed.

I really miss Bruno's skills, style, work ethic, leadership beard and bald head

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agreed - absolutely loved the sight of an overlapping Bruno skipping past the fullback as if he wasn't there.

Or casually killing a lofted 60 yard ball dead with one touch, before nonchalantly flicking it down the line for Knocky to run onto.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I agree but it was so much more Bruno he was never flustered nearly always got his pass away a fantastic role model and I am sure an on pitch influance to AK when needed.

I really miss Bruno's skills, style, work ethic, leadership beard and bald head
...and you just know Bruno would be brilliant in the team this season, he'd love the tactics we're playing now.

aaarrrrgggghhh!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Or casually killing a lofted 60 yard ball dead with one touch, before nonchalantly flicking it down the line for Knocky to run onto.

I miss Bruno WAY more than I miss Knocky. It was always all about Knocky while he was here. Always the drama llama, while Bruno just quietly and efficiently went about his business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here