Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Anyone know what the deal is with Fulham? Are they committed to taking him, or can they just pass him back to us to see out the last two years of his contract?

You could go on NSC and find someone slagging off every single one of our players at some point this season. Especially during or shortly after a match when the standard of perspective on display is even lower than usual.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
On his day he is magical, but another day really infuriating.
Do the Albion need that now?

Sounds like the rest of the Albion team TBH.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Why? You wouldn’t even consider signing him on current form.

I think people think this for two reasons.

Firstly nostalgia for those wonderful seasons he spent with us.

Secondly because despite reports (not sure how true they are, but I'm aware that he hasn't played all their games) of poor form with Fulham, we've witnessed he's reached a level as high as or higher than the other wingers or attacking midfielders at the club, so people reason we're likely to get more out of him than we are out of, say March, Ali J or Izquierdo

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You could go on NSC and find someone slagging off every single one of our players at some point this season. Especially during or shortly after a match when the standard of perspective on display is even lower than usual.
What's that got to do with the terms of the deal with Fulham?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I love Knocky, but he's too one-dimensional to make it in the PL regularly. He's showing that at Fulham this season, if the quoted tweets earlier are anything to go by.

It's a move that suited all parties at the time.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Trossard > Knockaert > Craig Noone > Dean Cox

Basically slightly better version of the same kind of player :)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And we've also got MacAllister as well now. Not the same, but will take a squad place and should be creative

Trossard > Knockaert > Craig Noone > Dean Cox

Basically slightly better version of the same kind of player :)

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Why? You wouldn’t even consider signing him on current form.

Form is temporary. I rate him very highly. His work rate is phenomenal and he has the ability to turn a game. We could do with his passion and fighting spirit too. That's just my opinion of course but he is one of Albion's all time finest to me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And we've also got MacAllister as well now. Not the same, but will take a squad place and should be creative

I don't think MacAllister will take a squad place (too young) but his arrival is one more indication that we have moved on from Knockaert. I do wonder why Fulham took him on a year loan and didn't buy him outright, if they are committed to buying him anyway this summer.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think MacAllister will take a squad place (too young) but his arrival is one more indication that we have moved on from Knockaert. I do wonder why Fulham took him on a year loan and didn't buy him outright, if they are committed to buying him anyway this summer.

You may well be right. Mind you, if this is the case, we would probably not have paid the compensation and left him where he was for the rest of the season.(I don't know).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Why did the club spend money in January and make all the effort to get MacAliister back to us early?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

ha ha

yeh mate, I can imagine the conversation

Where were you before? Ah Boca Juniors, ah, you have full international caps for Argentina you say? OK then Alexis, well you'll now be playing for our u23 team. You might have a few problems dislodging Jordan Davies from the team as he's been playing well recently.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Sorry, I meant in the matchday squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here