Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
ha ha

yeh mate, I can imagine the conversation

Where were you before? Ah Boca Juniors, ah, you have full international caps for Argentina you say? OK then Alexis, well you'll now be playing for our u23 team. You might have a few problems dislodging Jordan Davies from the team as he's been playing well recently.
:facepalm:

I never suggested we dump him into the U23s.

How old is he? And at what age do young players have to be named in the 25 man squad to be allowed to play in the first team? Alzate isn't in the 25 man squad, and he is older than MacAllister.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No worse than trossard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Trossard has 3 goals and 3 assists from just 21 games, 7 as sub. Knockeart had 5 goals and 7 assists in 72 Prem games.....and two straight reds. That’s just the raw stats. Trossards all round play is clearly better and crucially a lot more intelligent. People remember the spectacular from Knockeart.....but seeming are blind to the numerous times he tried to take on players and got crowded out or is out-witted by the smarter-than-a-Championship left back who simply steps to their right to show him the outside which he nearly always took to poor effect. That’s why his assists and goals are way below Trossard’s. In summary, he wasn’t talented or intelligent enough for the Prem. Trossard every time.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Form is temporary. I rate him very highly. His work rate is phenomenal and he has the ability to turn a game. We could do with his passion and fighting spirit too. That's just my opinion of course but he is one of Albion's all time finest to me.
Also a red card in waiting every time something goes against him.
That's his main downfall

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It’s almost like Knockhaert didn’t take time to adapt back to the championship when returning from Belgium, Trossard has had to adapt to the PL give him a chance.

Knockaert took only 2 games (Rotherham and Blackburn away) before he started tearing Championship defences to shreds.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Really? Trossard has 3 goals and 3 assists from just 21 games, 7 as sub. Knockeart had 5 goals and 7 assists in 72 Prem games.....and two straight reds. That’s just the raw stats. Trossards all round play is clearly better and crucially a lot more intelligent. People remember the spectacular from Knockeart.....but seeming are blind to the numerous times he tried to take on players and got crowded out or is out-witted by the smarter-than-a-Championship left back who simply steps to their right to show him the outside which he nearly always took to poor effect. That’s why his assists and goals are way below Trossard’s. In summary, he wasn’t talented or intelligent enough for the Prem. Trossard every time.
A lot more intelligent? Your opinion maybe .
Spectacular only yep . The goal at palace remind me what spectacular trossard has in his locker that’s right nothing close .
Lost it trying to take on too many players ? Yep agree but at least trying to go forward rather than sideways and backwards .
You say he wasn’t talented for prem not me that’s blind
Knocky every time

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Spectacular only yep . The goal at palace remind me what spectacular trossard has in his locker that’s right nothing close .
Lost it trying to take on too many players ? Yep agree but at least trying to go forward rather than sideways and backwards .
Knocky every time

Let’s wait and see what Trossard has, he still has over 50 more games to go before he catches up with Knockaert.

And yes, I agree. It is just my opinion.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Knocky is hardly tearing up the champ this season for a team in the top 3.

His ability has never been in question.... more his mental state.

Sadly for him he isn’t in a place where he can seem to reach his potential currently. I hoped a step down to the champ might help him rediscover his previous form and kick back on.

His move was best for all parties at the time, and I’m sure those who would rather have him here are unfortunately thinking about what he used to be able to do rather than what he is capable of now.

Hopefully he will find some peace with his issues and be able to become the AK that we all enjoyed watching for us

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Let’s wait and see what Trossard has, he still has over 50 more games to go before he catches up with Knockaert.

And yes, I agree. It is just my opinion.

I think if Trossard gets close to what Knockaert achieved at Brighton in terms adulation from the vast majority of fans, he would have done very well - especially as it would have been at PL level, where Knockaert was in and out in terms of form and well-being.

However, I remain firmly of the belief that it was a mistake letting Knockaert go and I’ve seen nothing to make me change my mind. There are times when we are crying out for proper width.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think if Trossard gets close to what Knockaert achieved at Brighton in terms adulation from the vast majority of fans, he would have done very well - especially as it would have been at PL level, where Knockaert was in and out in terms of form and well-being.

However, I remain firmly of the belief that it was a mistake letting Knockaert go and I’ve seen nothing to make me change my mind. There are times when we are crying out for proper width.

Agreed and at those times GPott has had proper width available to him and hasn't used them.

We can debate AK being PL ready back and forth, all day long, but that is all completely meaningless as he wasn't and never will be GPott ready.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Trouble with Trossard and others, is that apart from Ryan Dunk Webster Propper and Stephens very few under Potter get a run of games

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Knocky every time

pmsl.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Knocky every time

If you're looking for spectacular, check out Trossard's outside of the boot pass to Mooy for the second goal at home to Bournemouth.
Sometimes players do spectacular things without being "showy"...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Knocky every time

So because Trossard hasn't scored a Worldie then we should bring Knocky back?

If we're using that theory for a winger, then bring back Skalak.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Six short months ago l would have disagreed with you, but Leandt Trossard who l thought would spary into the knew Knocky, well he hasn't sparked at all. Doesn't always make the team, and when he does he usually flatters to deceive.

At least we have all seen just how good Knockaert can be on his day, whereas with Trossard we have seen too little..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you're looking for spectacular, check out Trossard's outside of the boot pass to Mooy for the second goal at home to Bournemouth.

His disallowed volleyed goal against, West Ham I think, was pretty spectacular as well.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

I’ll trump that with Knocky’s goal against Palace dont think Trossard got that on his locker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here