NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has he singed yet? ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dunno, but the blonde pr1ck has joined the party, to spend the last few quid of the selhurst renovation fund.

https://readcrystalpalace.com/2020/09/18/crystal-palace-hold-talks-about-rhian-brewster-move/

CP are buying Benrahma for £25m, once the tri-way Sorloth deal gives them some of funds.

[video]https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/17/crystal-palace-selling-sorloth-to-leipzig-sign-brentford-benrahma-transfer-news[/video]

With loanee Batshuayi, CP will have two new strikers this window.

Flops Benteke and Wickham pushed even further into oblivion.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wonder if this possible move would free up a Sheffield striker?

Optimally LEGS (also known as McBurnie) but also the McGoldrick guy looks pretty useful despite his horrible goal scoring record.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Optimally LEGS (also known as McBurnie) but also the McGoldrick guy looks pretty useful despite his horrible goal scoring record.

We don't need to be feeding off scraps from other Prem clubs on or around our level, or we'll seriously be in trouble.

In all honestly, we haven't been linked with anyone firmly since Nunez, so most of the recent rumour mongering is unsubstantiated. I think we're all hoping that we'll sign a striker before the transfer window closes, otherwise we'll be up against it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I like McBurnie, not tremendous ability but a solid presence. I’d be happy if we signed him.

Would he pass the ‘no dickheads’ rule though?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I like McBurnie, not tremendous ability but a solid presence. I’d be happy if we signed him.

Would he pass the ‘no dickheads’ rule though?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is a great guy but too much partying at least when he was at Swansea... its possible he has calmed down a bit though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Connolly has just scored two lovely goals in his last three games. The idea of bringing in Brewster seems far less worthwhile all of a sudden.

Disagree. The reason we need another striker is not because we don't think Connolly or Maupay are up to the job, it's because we're a couple of groin strains away from having no strikers.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Disagree. The reason we need another striker is not because we don't think Connolly or Maupay are up to the job, it's because we're a couple of groin strains away from having no strikers.

This. But Brewster would possibly be deemed in a similar mould/type category to both NM & AC.

We def need a +1 but I'd hope that striker would be a different type of option, definitely taller and who could hold ball up.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Connolly has just scored two lovely goals in his last three games. The idea of bringing in Brewster seems far less worthwhile all of a sudden.

Nah. Not at all.

I’m on record as a huge fan of both Connolly and Maupay, but injuries, suspensions will happen. And having a 3rd striker as a different option is just prudent.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Will be good to see how Gyokeres fairs at Preston this week. I think he has a part to play.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Until you look at yesterday’s bench and the lack of a striker, that was because both our recognised strikers were actually playing. As numerous others have said, we are an injury or 2 away from toothless. We NEED a third striker at least

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This. But Brewster would possibly be deemed in a similar mould/type category to both NM & AC.

We def need a +1 but I'd hope that striker would be a different type of option, definitely taller and who could hold ball up.

Benteke is available for a very nominal fee.
All jokes aside he does this roll very well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here