Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rhian Brewster

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
At £25m Shef U are welcome, totally insane fee. If there is a buyback too then it’s a glorified loan anyway. Does shit and Shef U are stuck with him, does really well and Liverpool take him back at a ready made fee.
Massive gamble, he could help take them to the next level or he could be the next Solanke.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
At £25m Shef U are welcome, totally insane fee. If there is a buyback too then it’s a glorified loan anyway. Does shit and Shef U are stuck with him, does really well and Liverpool take him back at a ready made fee.
Massive gamble, he could help take them to the next level or he could be the next Solanke.

Is there not some middle ground in that ? There is a world of difference between if Liverpool don't want him back then he must be shit and being good PL striker. Same with Ake, Chelsea had a buy back but let him go to Man City instead.

Eitherway, £25M and/or wages obviously out of our budget

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Is there not some middle ground in that ? There is a world of difference between if Liverpool don't want him back then he must be shit and being good PL striker. Same with Ake, Chelsea had a buy back but let him go to Man City instead.

More likely wages

Milano

Aug 15, 2012

How is it in Shef U’s budget? I cannot believe their revenue is greater than ours nor their costs much lower.
I believe we are one of the very few teams in this division cutting our cloth and attempting to stay within FFP. The likes of Villa, Everton and SU are clearly taking the piss.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How is it in Shef U’s budget? I cannot believe their revenue is greater than ours nor their costs much lower.
I believe we are one of the very few teams in this division cutting our cloth and attempting to stay within FFP. The likes of Villa, Everton and SU are clearly taking the piss.

How much did Sheff Utd spend last year / when they got promoted? They also have a fairly wealth Saudi - although even he says his wealth is fairly 'modest' by Saudi standards.

Like I keep saying I think we simply have wasted too much in previous years and still have too many big wages on our books for players not playing. Coupled with COVID uncertainty, possibility of Tony Bloom taking a big hit through his business interests .. I definitely know a portion of his wealth is in commercial property and you can imagine with businesses going bust, shutting down expensive offices, working from home there has to be some impact

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
How much did Sheff Utd spend last year / when they got promoted? They also have a fairly wealth Saudi - although even he says his wealth is fairly 'modest' by Saudi standards.

Like I keep saying I think we simply have wasted too much in previous years and still have too many big wages on our books for players not playing. Coupled with COVID uncertainty, possibility of Tony Bloom taking a big hit through his business interests ..

Locadia and AJ are expensive mistakes, I can’t think of any others. Those together are £32m we’ve been in the EPL for 3 years with revenue of over £350m in that time and more this season.
What is just as bad as those total expensive disappointments is IMO spending £20m on Webster when we just did not need to, we had Duffy and we are STILL paying him £25k a week.
Anyway I still think we will strengthen this window but it could be a loan or two.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I think we should go out for him at £20mil-£25mil personally. 4 goals in pre season - great record in champs last season... just my opinion, not one to usually be like this but the way he’s rated by Liverpool fans makes me feel he’s special. And better than Watkins!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think we should go out for him at £20mil-£25mil personally. 4 goals in pre season - great record in champs last season... just my opinion, not one to usually be like this but the way he’s rated by Liverpool fans makes me feel he’s special. And better than Watkins!

Agreed, Id be happy to Drop 20 mill on him.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012

Although not by the Liverpool management obviously or it would be a loan. I’m not sure how many Liverpool fans can really rate him as when have they had the opportunity to actually see him play for them?
For what it’s worth (nothing) but I could see Locadia scoring goals in the championship and that’s the problem, the championship is the new Scotland.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Agreed, Id be happy to Drop 20 mill on him.

So would I.

Speculations of this supposed buy back deal metrics look pants. 25 million with guaranteed buy back of 30 million in 2 years.

You take all the risk of him not cutting it, but if he does they get him back after 2 years development for almost same price?
Thats worse than a 2 year loan deal as you have all the risk and none of the reward, at least with a loan you have no risk if he flops or gets badly injured.

Needs to be a bit more meat in the deal, 20 million and circa 30-35 buy back.

Liverpool need the money to fund new signings and don't see him as liverpool first team ready yet........ but they still want their cake and eat it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Locadia and AJ are expensive mistakes, I can’t think of any others. Those together are £32m we’ve been in the EPL for 3 years with revenue of over £350m in that time and more this season.
What is just as bad as those total expensive disappointments is IMO spending £20m on Webster when we just did not need to, we had Duffy and we are STILL paying him £25k a week.
Anyway I still think we will strengthen this window but it could be a loan or two.

32 million and 5 million a season in wages (25 million combined over 5 years)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

£25m is a totally fair price IMO. Good resale value, good age.

For comparison we paid £20m for Webster. I’m gutted we’re not getting Brewster. Had a really good feeling about him joining.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
£25m is a totally fair price IMO. Good resale value, good age.

For comparison we paid £20m for Webster.

it is fine if Liverpool dont have 30 million buy back in 2 years which is almost similar money. 25 is a good enough market price...... standard sell on fee % perhaps, but risking 25 million to lose money if he turns out crap, or get no financial rewards for further development if he's amazing is a shit deal.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So would I.

Speculations of this supposed buy back deal metrics look pants. 25 million with guaranteed buy back of 30 million in 2 years.

You take all the risk of him not cutting it, but if he does they get him back after 2 years development for almost same price?
Thats worse than a 2 year loan deal as you have all the risk and none of the reward, at least with a loan you have no risk if he flops or gets badly injured.

Needs to be a bit more meat in the deal, 20 million and circa 30-35 buy back.

Liverpool need the money to fund new signings and don't see him as liverpool first team ready yet........ but they still want their cake and eat it.

Agree the buy back has to be mutually beneficial otherwise what’s the point!

One club takes all the risk and loses out (cost of a replacement) if he comes good, although that might be the only terms Liverpool have offered and sheff United are happy with the risk (maybe we are not and rightly so)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An update this afternoon.

8C52CA3C-9D7E-49FF-BE8D-CE349599FA35.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here