Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rhian Brewster

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Benteke is available for a very nominal fee.
All jokes aside he does this roll very well.

Roll? Or shit sandwich?

Not sure we can help you lock in that multi million pound loss.

We don't pay 100k plus for dross.
We don't have a dads army managed by a grandad
We don't play hoofball
We need it in the goal not over the stands.

You can keep paying Barndoor Benteke on over 5 million a season, all the while not even spending £5 on the dump you call home.

How are the renovations coming along?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He signed a contract extension last season on very reduced wages. I still think there’s a player there , but he needs a new club for both of our sakes.
Well you never know. Potter and Ashworth may think they could get a tune out of him :shrug:

But even reduced 'palace level wages' are likely to be too much.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Well you never know. Potter and Ashworth may think they could get a tune out of him :shrug:

He had a run of games at the back end of the season and he looked good, without being a great goal threat. He has had a chronic lack of confidence due to bad form and injuries but he’s still in his prime, so to speak. He needs a new club and I think we are pushing for this to happen. There was talk of a premier league club looking for a striker as back up , so there is interest here and abroad.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Difficult one isn't it.

Invest in modern 21st century facilities, cat 1 academy and youth, or just hire high price, high wage old duds.

The agony of choice.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Sky Sports News have just reported that Palace have bidded £19mill for Brewster with £6 mill add ons including a buy back clause of £37million pound. I can't see Liverpool turning this down. Unfortunately Palace seem to mean business in this market, rather depressing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nah. Not at all.

I’m on record as a huge fan of both Connolly and Maupay, but injuries, suspensions will happen. And having a 3rd striker as a different option is just prudent.
Difficulty is, bringing someone like Brewster in on loan (assuming the option was available, which doesn't look likely) they would no doubt be coming with a guarantee of first team football.
That (and the restrictions on budget inevitably caused by Covid) may be why the club are considering that the need for a different type of striker (taller, good in the air, and reasonably able to hold the ball up) could be met by Gyokeres, with Ali J. as another option should Maupay and/or Connolly get injured.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
How do you work that out ?? they have signed two players one for20 mil another on a free ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sky Sports News have just reported that Palace have bidded £19mill for Brewster with £6 mill add ons including a buy back clause of £37million pound. I can't see Liverpool turning this down. Unfortunately Palace seem to mean business in this market, rather depressing.
Money is no object at palace. Never has been.

And they have even managed to ring-fence money for a new stand.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So this is instead of Benrahma, who, we were assured by many Palace fans was going to be at Selhurst 2 weeks ago?

Is this another classic Palace “Oh, we tried to sign him, but, it didn’t come off for various reasons” excuse ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I like the look of Brewster - afraid I fear Palace have got a good one here. Shame we didn’t go in as he’d have joined us. But in Bloom we trust etc.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brewster is a complete mug if he chooses Palace over the Albion. I am assuming that we are in the hunt in giving my opinion. Do you want to be managed by an old woman who puts defence above everything or do you want to play for an up and coming manager who plays exciting football played without fear?

Change the Liverpool model for the Palace one? Is Brewster a bit thick? :wink:

albionite

May 20, 2009
Brewster is a complete mug if he chooses Palace over the Albion. I am assuming that we are in the hunt in giving my opinion. Do you want to be managed by an old woman who puts defence above everything or do you want to play for an up and coming manager who plays exciting football played without fear?

Change the Liverpool model for the Palace one? Is Brewster a bit thick? :wink:

Palace pay higher wages.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Palace pay higher wages.

If money is all that matters at such a young age then he’d best go to Palace, he may not get much game time but he can buy footballer trinkets :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here