Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rhian Brewster

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Maybe we are just waiting to see what Palace bid before we come in with an offer. The Palace bid seems to be out in the open. I expect Liverpool have leaked it to create a bidding war.
With Palace it's not so much the transfer fees but the big wage bill they are racking up. They still have Benteke and Meyer on over £100k pw and Zaha is highest earner, albeit I expect they are confident he will be off.
Unfortunately I think the lure of a London based team may be what will attract Brewster to Palace.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Money is no object at palace. Never has been.

And they have even managed to ring-fence money for a new stand.

That's not bad numbers tbh. It was reported earlier 25 + 30 buy back. A healthy 18 profit if it pans out. 19 is reasonable enough for similar championship strike rate as Maupay and Watkins.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Brewster is a complete mug if he chooses Palace over the Albion. I am assuming that we are in the hunt in giving my opinion. Do you want to be managed by an old woman who puts defence above everything or do you want to play for an up and coming manager who plays exciting football played without fear?

Change the Liverpool model for the Palace one? Is Brewster a bit thick? :wink:

To be ‘fair’ that lot looked very good on Saturday.

I just don’t see us spending that sort of money on an unproven player at this level in this current climate, if COVID wasn’t around then probably different. Even more so with a buy back clause, it’s essentially a glorified loan deal. Top 6 clubs will look at Lamptey and not want to get burned so buy backs are going to become more common I fear.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Brewster is a complete mug if he chooses Palace over the Albion. I am assuming that we are in the hunt in giving my opinion. Do you want to be managed by an old woman who puts defence above everything or do you want to play for an up and coming manager who plays exciting football played without fear?

Change the Liverpool model for the Palace one? Is Brewster a bit thick? :wink:

It’s all gone very quiet re us. Very. So not sure we’re in. But given the choice, wages aside, every player in the prem would choose us over a franchise of CPFC. There’s no question. A friend of mine knows a lot of prem footballers and did a survey for me and the results from 100 prem players were 100% BHAFC too.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It’s all gone very quiet re us. Very. So not sure we’re in. But given the choice, wages aside, every player in the prem would choose us over a franchise of CPFC. There’s no question. A friend of mine knows a lot of prem footballers and did a survey for me and the results from 100 prem players were 100% BHAFC too.

I can imagine us being interested in a loan but Liverpool seem very keen to sell him? seems a bit odd for a player who scored 10 goals in 20 games in the Championship?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Slightly pricey but will be an upgrade on benteke. Don’t they still own the guy whose smashing it in turkey ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stumpy Tim

If I was a young player now, I would be looking at the improvements in the young players who are playing regularly. Obviously we have Lamptey, Alzate, White, Bissouma and Connolly who have all clearly massively improved in the past 12 months by playing regular first team football, but there are others in the past couple of years - Jordan Sancho, Dwight Mcneil, Mason Greenwood, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Harvey Barnes and many more. I really hope Brewster looks at where he´s going to get the most football, rather than money. Assuming we´re not in for him I would suggest Sheffield United are the better option for him. He has to back himself to get in ahead of McBurnie and Billy Sharp, so that´s where he´s going to improve.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Slightly pricey but will be an upgrade on benteke. Don’t they still own the guy whose smashing it in turkey ?

Sorloth - yes, he's apparently about to be sold to RB Leipzig - allegedly for £20M, of which Trabzonspor (where he's on loan) will get £13M and Palace will only get £7M...

giphy.gif

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Sheff Utd is the place where he'd get guaranteed 1st XI playing time, and it is relatively close to Liverpool, so that makes sense. However, their squad lacks depth and there is a risk they could go down. In a sale with buy-back there's a risk Liverpool might not exercise their option, so the move has risk for Brewster.

I think the best move for him is Palace because I think he walks into that 1st XI with Zaha and Townsend either side of him and Eze off the bench. I think if Zaha stays then Palace will stay up comfortably.

If he came to the Albion he'd have to displace either Maupay or Connolly - both are players Potter loves and they're fitting right into our system, so that might not happen.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sky Sports News have just reported that Palace have bidded £19mill for Brewster with £6 mill add ons including a buy back clause of £37million pound. I can't see Liverpool turning this down. Unfortunately Palace seem to mean business in this market, rather depressing.

Will L'Pool get £1.9m, after they pay to 10p in the £?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think Sheff Utd is the place where he'd get guaranteed 1st XI playing time, and it is relatively close to Liverpool, so that makes sense. However, their squad lacks depth and there is a risk they could go down. In a sale with buy-back there's a risk Liverpool might not exercise their option, so the move has risk for Brewster.

I think the best move for him is Palace because I think he walks into that 1st XI with Zaha and Townsend either side of him and Eze off the bench. I think if Zaha stays then Palace will stay up comfortably.

If he came to the Albion he'd have to displace either Maupay or Connolly - both are players Potter loves and they're fitting right into our system, so that might not happen.
Surely you want strong competition for places???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

At Palace Brewster would have to displace Ayew who was excellent last season and the proven class of Batshuayi.

I'm not so sure that Brewster would start their PL games.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
To be ‘fair’ that lot looked very good on Saturday.

I just don’t see us spending that sort of money on an unproven player at this level in this current climate, if COVID wasn’t around then probably different. Even more so with a buy back clause, it’s essentially a glorified loan deal. Top 6 clubs will look at Lamptey and not want to get burned so buy backs are going to become more common I fear.
Never seen such a poor Manure defence, a Wolves fan mate of mine text me during our game and said if Maguire is £80m Ben White must be £200m . And that’s after two PL performances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here