Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rhian Brewster

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
SSN in the last few mins reporting Sheff Utd and Palace have held talks with Liverpool + player.

No mention of us

We're more secretive?
We're not interested?
We're presently a bit skint with Covid?
We're dithering?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
More secretive. Later on in the article it says that six clubs have expressed an interest.

Hope so.

And fwiw Lamptey and Brewster are close mates from their years together at Chelsea. Having seen his mate Lamptey playing and his star rise massively with us and giving young players the chance, Combined with Klopps admiration of GP and our style, I honestly think he would choose to come here if we were serious and stumped up the fee.

Maybe we're not that serious yet (or are looking at other options) or maybe we see the fee as too much?

1 convo with GP, one with Klopp and one with his mate Lamptey, 20-25 million bid and I reckon he'd be here by tomorrow personally.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hope so.

And fwiw Lamptey and Brewster are close mates from their years together at Chelsea. Having seen his mate Lamptey playing and his star rise massively with us and giving young players the chance, Combined with Klopps admiration of GP and our style, I honestly think he would choose to come here if we were serious and stumped up the fee.

Maybe we're not that serious yet (or are looking at other options) or maybe we see the fee as too much?

1 convo with GP, one with Klopp and one with his mate Lamptey, 20-25 million bid and I reckon he'd be here by tomorrow personally.

We won't. Sounds like a bidding war is starting so we'll be out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That's the issue innit - every couple of years they can sell a player for big bucks. We've gone through 4 years with 0 outs and a big spend. We now have a bloated squad, with big wages and although we've offloaded a few, still not attracted much in terms of funds.

I wonder - was giving Murray another year a mistake? I guess it only was not if Watford are paying 100% of his wages.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
That's the issue innit - every couple of years they can sell a player for big bucks. We've gone through 4 years with 0 outs and a big spend. We now have a bloated squad, with big wages and although we've offloaded a few, still not attracted much in terms of funds.

I wonder - was giving Murray another year a mistake? I guess it only was not if Watford are paying 100% of his wages.

Wasn’t the extra year agreed in the January window where we didn’t sign a striker and Forest started showing an interest. It was the right decision based on the circumstances at the time, but we have to concede this was brought about us not signing a replacement then and we are in a similar situation again, albeit he isn’t the answer this time around hence why he has been allowed to leave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Wasn’t the extra year agreed in the January window where we didn’t sign a striker and Forest started showing an interest. It was the right decision based on the circumstances at the time, but we have to concede this was brought about us not signing a replacement then and we are in a similar situation again, albeit he isn’t the answer this time around hence why he has been allowed to leave

He would've scored both Maupays and Dunks chances last night.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

But I'm talking about financials. I think the reason we appear hamstrung is because we have over the last few years - spent some of them most money in the Premier League, with very little back in terms of players sold. We also have a big squad and even with some loans we know not all the wages are covered. So my point was - has the extra year for Murray further impacted that, or are Watford paying all his wages?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Reading the report on the Athletic website and some poster mentioned the lad Umar Sadiq who plays for Partizan who I'd not heard of.

Didn't know much about him but other than that poor spell at Rangers he's doing ok in Belgrade. 23 years old and 6ft 4in. Looks all a bit 'legs' from the highlights I've seen but looks pretty quick and very direct. 11 goals in 18 games last season and 6 from 11 this season. Anyone know anymore about him? Or is he best to be avoided?

https://youtu.be/xNEP8cT9pXI

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Reading the report on the Athletic website and some poster mentioned the lad Umar Sadiq who plays for Partizan who I'd not heard of.

Didn't know much about him but other than that poor spell at Rangers he's doing ok in Belgrade. 23 years old and 6ft 4in. Looks all a bit 'legs' from the highlights I've seen but looks pretty quick and very direct. 11 goals in 18 games last season and 6 from 11 this season. Anyone know anymore about him? Or is he best to be avoided?

https://youtu.be/xNEP8cT9pXI

And the Serbian league sit where in uefa rankings?

Almost like saying xyz in league 1 scored the same amount for Burton v other league 1 defenders. Maybe he could be good for us.

This moneyball thing is Bollox if this is the sort of dross it considers worthy of a contract.

Less gambles more pedigree required.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fee agreed with Sheff Utd....

Thanks for dashing my hopes on yet another player. I kept opening this thread hoping to see that we'd swooped in under the radar, however we seem to have been shot down again, feathers flying everywhere :smile:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
And the Serbian league sit where in uefa rankings?

Almost like saying xyz in league 1 scored the same amount for Burton v other league 1 defenders. Maybe he could be good for us.

This moneyball thing is Bollox if this is the sort of dross it considers worthy of a contract.

Less gambles more pedigree required.

I'm not sure making signings based on some bloke's comments on an article is considered to be Moneyball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here