Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Saw a pack of Tarot cards that are themed on Post-punk stars from the 80's...Frank Tovey as the fool, Gary Numan as the magician, David Bowie,Genesis P Orridge etc...It's a US craft store online...

Frank Tovey - Who?
Numan, I suppose some would say post punk.
Genesis P Orange - Who?

But Bowie a post punk star.....WTF? I’m pleased you saved your money, you can’t trust those septics :mad:

Jan 30, 2008
The bloody Poles. Coming over here being all Polish and mending everything. Coming over here fixing all the stuff we've broken, and are too illiterate to read the instructions for. Doing it better than us in a second language. Bloody Poles comin' over here

Under cutting British plumbers with sub standard work ???
Regards
DF

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Irrespective of which side you are on in relation to Brexit, the government have managed to balls up the whole transition for businesses. I was on a government webinar re customs recently and most people were raising the same questions throughout but the presenters kept giving vague replies that were worse than useless.

I have had to take down all my digital downloads from my website because of the convoluted taxing of the products based on where the customer lives in the EU. This has also affected sales to the USA as my web designers aren't able to differentiate where the customer lives so I can’t allow USA sales and block EU sales.

The likes of DHL and UPS don’t reply when you ask about vat postponement on imported goods so this will hit cashflow for many businesses. Its ok being on top of the Brexit changes but if people you rely on aren't on top of it then the whole pack of cards collapses.

The government need a rocket up their how’s your father to be honest

Jan 30, 2008
Irrespective of which side you are on in relation to Brexit, the government have managed to balls up the whole transition for businesses. I was on a government webinar re customs recently and most people were raising the same questions throughout but the presenters kept giving vague replies that were worse than useless.

I have had to take down all my digital downloads from my website because of the convoluted taxing of the products based on where the customer lives in the EU. This has also affected sales to the USA as my web designers aren't able to differentiate where the customer lives so I can’t allow USA sales and block EU sales.

The likes of DHL and UPS don’t reply when you ask about vat postponement on imported goods so this will hit cashflow for many businesses. Its ok being on top of the Brexit changes but if people you rely on aren't on top of it then the whole pack of cards collapses.

The government need a rocket up their how’s your father to be honest

Check ,change , go ?
Regards
DF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Each country has agreed to pool/surrender sovereignty, some vetoes but also qualified majority voting, 750 representatives with limited power no one has ever heard of ... it doesn't matter what you think, ever closer union is a stated goal and an ongoing process.

Post something that doesn't always side with anyone opposed to the UK position and I might consider it.
Northern Ireland is a part of the UK and has a democratic pathway to change the Brexit deals if they so desire.

The U.K. wrote some of the power ‘no one has ever heard of’. Lord Kerr in our House of Lords wrote Article 50, for example.
Stormont can’t even sort itself out let alone change Brexit deals.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Northern Ireland has ceased to be part of the UK since you voted for NI to trade on completely different rules to the the rest of the UK :facepalm:

I wonder what POTG? thinks :lolol:

*edit* Love to play but I have friends, a family and a partner, sorry :down:

The one thing we've learnt about the last 5 years is there are patriots and there are nationalists, the later ultimately weakens or destroys what is seeks to protect.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
mackerel b.jpg

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ah, the Union where delegating powers to the component parts, increasing democratic accountability and control is the norm as opposed to a union intent on centralising power reducing democratic accountability and control.

If you are really suggesting that the European Union, a group of sovereign states each with heads of state, standing armies and the ability should they wish to declare war on each other, is more centralised than the United Kingdom, whose four parts have none of those things and in the case of England doesn't even have a parliament, then you're either paranoid, stupid or on a wind-up and I doubt that any sentient human being would want to spend too much time discussing anything with you.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Back on the subject of Nissan, don't forget we had to bung them 80m

[tweet]1352644626465828870[/tweet]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Each country has agreed to pool/surrender sovereignty, some vetoes but also qualified majority voting, 750 representatives with limited power no one has ever heard of ... it doesn't matter what you think, ever closer union is a stated goal and an ongoing process.

Post something that doesn't always side with anyone opposed to the UK position and I might consider it.
Northern Ireland is a part of the UK and has a democratic pathway to change the Brexit deals if they so desire.

It is the direction of travel, however, apart from the destination being some decades away, had the referendum produced a remain result, the EU had agreed to update the treaties and include wording that made it explicit that the UK would never lose it's current (at the time) status in the EU by refusing to sign any further treaties or amendments, and it was in UK law that a referendum would be required, before our Parliament could consent to signing anything that would alter our relationship with the EU (since repealed due to Brexit).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here