Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nissan 'could' double its plant...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's odd that some Brexit good news is posted and [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] and [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] instantly turn it into a way to attack remain voters.

It's almost as though you see any Brexit news as bad news and divert away from it.

I wouldn't want to appear pedantic, but it's more Nissan good news than Brexit good news. The news is actually that the new Brexit rules of origin will have less of a detrimental effect on Nissan than most of it's UK competitors.

But it is excellent news for Nissan Sunderland workers :thumbsup:

And to save taking the other thread on the Main board off topic

Well she has had to put up with me for 30+ years besides, your really not my type.

But I'll keep this thread up to date with the facts about what is happening for anyone that is actually interested as it effects lots of businesses, employees and consumers.

But there again, I don't go on the cycling thread to post about how it doesn't interest me :wink:
I’ve put up with a pile for 30 years... but it’s still there[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When your piles last longer than your relationships, it's probably a good idea to seek professional advice :wink:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
We've been craving good news on the effect of Brexit for years on here.

Today we'll bank this as a home win against Rochdale...

Yes, if you could refrain from posting stories about leopards eating people's faces, because the people who spent 4.5 years saying leopards will never eat people's faces are getting upset

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Didn't Nissan get some kind of written guarantees from the UK Government a few year ago?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The reason it's a good news story for Nissan is that they believe the Brexit deal will cause all sorts of problems for their competitors (delays at the border, additional costs due to admin, bureaucracy, etc). In reality the Nissan factory is really an assembly plant for cars destined primarily for the UK market. As for customers, as long as we're happy to buy Nissan, that's great. If we want other brands we'll be paying more.

As we've seen with all the other countless stories of additional trade friction, tariffs, suppliers no longer serving the UK market, etc, etc....the Brexit deal is the exact opposite of free trade. The Brexiteers who styled themselves as champions of free trade were, of course, chomping at the bit to implement a deal which means LESS trade. We're headed back to the 1970s when we were urged to buy British Leyland and myriad other crap products. At the end of the day it's all part of the "Little Englander" mentality which refuses to recognise that those horrible foreigners may actually be able to do things better than us.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
UK insists it will not grant EU ambassador full diplomatic status

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ot-grant-eu-ambassador-full-diplomatic-status

142 other states take a different view. Lets face it we're pretty short of friends right now in the world, do they expect to gain anything from this?

I guess they will do it eventually but it's a nice vote winning story for anyone considering voting for Farage's new lot, or another far right party. May as well let this story circulate for a while and quietly grant it on a busy news day.

Cynical, Moi?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
UK insists it will not grant EU ambassador full diplomatic status

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ot-grant-eu-ambassador-full-diplomatic-status

142 other states take a different view. Lets face it we're pretty short of friends right now in the world, do they expect to gain anything from this?

As suggested on the awful Government thread, really top drawer message to be sending to the EU-friendly US administration just as they start to open their Inboxes and get down to work.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As suggested on the awful Government thread, really top drawer message to be sending to the EU-friendly US administration just as they start to open their Inboxes and get down to work.

Yeah, I watched Biden's speech in full and thought this guy is try to build bridges that Trump damaged. Has he forgotten Ireland is an EU member?

Instead Johnson is engaging in another pointless culture war, again stoking division and he thinks a Festive of Brexit will unite the UK?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We've been craving good news on the effect of Brexit for years on here.

Today we'll bank this as a home win against Rochdale...

As someone who has been parroting Brexit project fear fibs (500,000 more unemployed, recession, house price crash, war, pestilence etc) for years and constantly talked up a no-deal Armaggedon outcome I would have thought you and the rest of the 5th column collective would consider our current position to be more challenging for top six in the Prem ...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Don't worry... just look again at the vile slur that caused my response - and reflect on it for a moment.
The idea that anyone, anyone would be 'gleeful' at reporting tragic news about fellow countrymen in order to score a political point is outrageous; and it reflects badly on the person who posted it.

Less of the pearl-clutching, the EU dementor crew feed on misery and negativity ...

f9bb67efb4559d986b60beba852c40ac-616x413.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As someone who has been parroting Brexit project fear fibs (500,000 more unemployed, recession, house price crash, war, pestilence etc) for years and constantly talked up a no-deal Armaggedon outcome I would have thought you and the rest of the 5th column collective would consider our current position to be more challenging for top six in the Prem ...

5th column, you mean someone that doesn't want the Union broken up by a narrow English nativist government?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

December: "No deal's better than a bad deal"

January: "Shame on you for talking up a no deal scenario"

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Those ardent Unionists who voted for a Border in the Irish sea ? :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Quite, the facilitators know who they are.

The ones that constantly waive the Union flag after Brexit as if they have reclaimed it as their own. When of course they have put its very use in peril.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here