Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Your response surprises me, normally a poster of wise words and a desire to understand and debate rather than engaging in somewhat rather dramatic language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

More than happy to debate - but you cannot debate with someone unless there is some good faith on both sides; it doesn't work.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Assuming what others should and shouldn’t be posting. You tagged me here on this subject, but you’ve also done to dark wolf on the vaccine priority thread.
You post your news & opinions, and allow others to post theirs.

I don’t assume what others should or shouldn’t be posting, I knew for a fact that you wouldn’t link the Nissan news[emoji106]

As for darting over to other threads that I have posted I find that a little childish, almost playground behaviour (yes,oh the irony)

It’s interesting that the mention of something positive has had a somewhat derailing effect on this thread too[emoji6]

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
That’s better I was a little worried if honest.

Don't worry... just look again at the vile slur that caused my response - and reflect on it for a moment.
The idea that anyone, anyone would be 'gleeful' at reporting tragic news about fellow countrymen in order to score a political point is outrageous; and it reflects badly on the person who posted it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don’t assume what others should or shouldn’t be posting, I knew for a fact that you wouldn’t link the Nissan news[emoji106]

As for darting over to other threads that I have posted I find that a little childish, almost playground behaviour (yes,oh the irony)

It’s interesting that the mention of something positive has had a somewhat derailing effect on this thread too[emoji6]

I read the vaccine priority thread before this one, so don’t flatter yourself that I’m looking for your posts.
You aren’t debating, you’re point scoring.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Don't worry... just look again at the vile slur that caused my response - and reflect on it for a moment.
The idea that anyone, anyone would be 'gleeful' at reporting tragic news about fellow countrymen in order to score a political point is outrageous; and it reflects badly on the person who posted it.

All very fair, you’ve only been on this board a short while though, and regretfully I’ve seen over my 20 years of posting, plenty of examples of people delighting from riots across the world, the death of certain politicians, strikes the affect people etc etc

Anyway have a good day

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Financial assistance or hush money?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You’re ellipses at the end of your sentence speaks volumes, Schadenfreude you say?

Strange...

I think we are learning the less Brexity bits of the deal are good for securing jobs and industry, the more Brexity bits of the deal need financial bailout / subsidy to survive

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Strange...

I think we are learning the less Brexity bits of the deal are good for securing jobs and industry, the more Brexity bits of the deal need financial bailout / subsidy to survive

I think it’s simpler than that, Brexiters won’t link bad news stories and remainers won’t link good news [emoji6]

*They will link Covid positive financial news though with a degree mild negatively at the end[emoji6]

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
All very fair, you’ve only been on this board a short while though, and regretfully I’ve seen over my 20 years of posting, plenty of examples of people delighting from riots across the world, the death of certain politicians, strikes the affect people etc etc

Anyway have a good day

I hope you will enjoy a trouble-free and healthy day too.
Sorry but the fact that you have had a 20 year bad experience of reading perverted views on here does not excuse that barrel-scraping smear.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I hope you will enjoy a trouble-free and healthy day too.
Sorry but the fact that you have a 20 year bad experience of reading perverted views on here does not excuse that barrel-scraping smear.

And I too hope your day is positive and joyously wonderful, I can only hope you don’t allow the “barrel-scraping smear “ ruin too much of the glorious sunny day!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
And I too hope your day is positive and joyously wonderful, I can only hope you don’t allow the “barrel-scraping smear “ ruin too much of the glorious sunny day!

Thank you. It is indeed a glorious day and I have already enjoyed being out in the beautiful countryside! It certainly won't ruin my day but I am genuinely taken aback by it....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think it’s simpler than that, Brexiters won’t link bad news stories and remainers won’t link good news [emoji6]

*They will link Covid positive financial news though with a degree mild negatively at the end[emoji6]

We've been craving good news on the effect of Brexit for years on here.

Today we'll bank this as a home win against Rochdale...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Thank you. It is indeed a glorious day and I have already enjoyed being out in the beautiful countryside! It certainly won't ruin my day but I am genuinely taken aback by it....

Oh well I’m sure a positive person like you will bounce back [emoji106]

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
It's odd that some Brexit good news is posted and [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] and [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] instantly turn it into a way to attack remain voters.

It's almost as though you see any Brexit news as bad news and divert away from it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Move along the bus please,absolutely nothing to see here.
d6a5fd4811f8b657e92ef592d0b64524.jpg

[emoji636]born to win.

https://twitter.com/amandeepbhogal/status/1352528102849720320?s=21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is indeed excellent news for the Nissan workers at Sunderland. Together with their plans to build new electrical vehicle batteries in the UK, it appears that they believe the new Brexit Rules of Origin and associated tariffs will have far less impact on them than other UK manufacturers. As stated in the article you posted 'almost all the models built at Sunderland meet the rules of origin and will avoid the new tariffs'.

If new Brexit rules have less detrimental effect and tariffs on Nissan products than their UK competitors, it's a great opportunity for them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/nissan-brexit-uk-investment-sunderland-b1791132.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here