Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
High time the neanderthals of the DUP were told to f*** right off. There's no political price worth paying to have to kow tow to these medieval freaks.

It shows just how amazingly blinkered and fanatical they are that they would rather plunge Northern Ireland into chaos it can't possibly deal with than in any way agree that there should be even the softest of borders down the Irish sea. And for Northern Ireland it is really, really bad. No electricity bad.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1110222166530891778[/TWEET]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That doesn't answer my question. With May's deal, there won't (as far as we know) be any tariffs on our exports, so what is it exactly that messes up our economy?

But Trig, we have not even started to negotiate whether we will be in or out of the customs union or any alternative trade deal with the EU. (We are currently arguing about staying in the customs union for another 2 years until we can find the magic answer that means no customs union and no Irish border - You know the same magic answer we have been looking for the last 3 years :facepalm:)

So although as you say 'With May's deal, there won't (as far as we know) be any tariffs on our exports'

It's also equally accurate to say 'With May's deal, there will (as far as we know) be tariffs on our exports'

because, until we get to the end of the next part of the negotiations (if indeed, we ever get to the start of it), no one knows :shrug:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
High time the neanderthals of the DUP were told to f*** right off. There's no political price worth paying to have to kow tow to these medieval freaks.

Only plus side to their involvement is that hopefully people will be so sick of their 17th century crap posturing that it will hasten in a united Ireland :wave:

Agreed, always been a Unionist myself, but this mob are shocking. The irony is for them is, as you say, their position on May's deal may ultimately, by logic, lead to their worst nightmare, a United Ireland, and plenty here would say good riddance. I don't expect the Irish treasury is thrilled by the idea though !!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
But we don't WANT unelected EUROCRATS tackling climate change and tax havens for us. We want sovereignty to not tackle them ourselves.

Quite. Sovereignty to tackle the REAL issues that matter, like fox hunting.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Still leaves over 40 million that have not signed.
Some of those may not have internet access. Some may not be aware of the petition (those living wild in the woods maybe)
But mostly I guess they have so far just decided not to sign. Or not been bothered enough to do a few clicks.

I guess, as with the march, it's a show of feelings. But I am sure we already knew there are five or six million people out there that would passionately want to reverse brexit.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Some of those may not have internet access. Some may not be aware of the petition (those living wild in the woods maybe)
But mostly I guess they have so far just decided not to sign. Or not been bothered enough to do a few clicks.

I guess, as with the march, it's a show of feelings. But I am not sure we didn't already know there are five or six million people out there that would passionately want to reverse brexit.

...and watch the numbers rising..... and the deadline is August 20th!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I guess, as with the march, it's a show of feelings. But I am sure we already knew there are five or six million people out there that would passionately want to reverse brexit.

Or, maybe like me, they signed it on Saturday and waited for the e-mail to allow them to complete the signing. When it hadn't arrived Sunday, I tried again and got told I should wait 24 hrs for the e-mail. Just checked and still haven't received the e-mail so I went back to the site and tried again. I'll see how long the e-mail takes to arrive, but with it going up at about a million a day, I suspect a lot of people may be caught up in volume related issues.

They managed to stop the website crashing over the last few days, but I'm guessing that won't be the last volume related issue on this :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here