Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have been wondering since the election whether we were going to get Johnson backpedalling on the 'no alignment with EU' and getting us BRINO, just like he did on the 'No border in the Irish sea' in order to get the WA over the line. Or, alternatively, whether he was going to go full train wreck 'no deal' (or Australia deal as he now likes to call it - how gullible does he think people are :lolol:)?

The latest developments with his cabinet tend to point towards the latter, although I still think the former more likely, because shirley even Johnson wouldn't ?

Still as long as people know what they voted for :shootself

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
EQuV2XvVUAE74Sg.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
so what should of gone to skegness instead for his hollerdays and kept the money is this country so no sympethy

Says the poster who talks about his holidays abroad. Pot, kettle, black.

Still, he knew what he was voting for, eh?

Whoops, got caught out by the parody :lolol:

Last edited:

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
EU Commissioners are appointed, then pledge allegiance to the EU over their own country and the EU gets to agree/reject the appointee anyway. They cannot be sacked for incompetence, all of the commissioners dealings are done in secret and no one knows, except those who search for it, who their EU Commissioner is anyway!!

Nothing happens in politics unless the banking and financial institutions want it too!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
EU Commissioners are appointed, then pledge allegiance to the EU over their own country and the EU gets to agree/reject the appointee anyway. They cannot be sacked for incompetence, all of the commissioners dealings are done in secret and no one knows, except those who search for it, who their EU Commissioner is anyway!!

Nothing happens in politics unless the banking and financial institutions want it too!!

In the UK the Prime Minister, with the assistance of the Foreign Secretary appointed their Commisioner. Who can sack the Prime Minister, and who can listen to 10 Downing Street meetings which are held in secret?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have been wondering since the election whether we were going to get Johnson backpedalling on the 'no alignment with EU' and getting us BRINO, just like he did on the 'No border in the Irish sea' in order to get the WA over the line. Or, alternatively, whether he was going to go full train wreck 'no deal' (or Australia deal as he now likes to call it - how gullible does he think people are [emoji38]ol:)?

The latest developments with his cabinet tend to point towards the latter, although I still think the former more likely, because shirley even Johnson wouldn't ?

Still as long as people know what they voted for :shootself
Without getting to technical, it was pretty obvious to many that " Frictionless Trade " was a pipe dream from the off. Johnson can't accept any alignment with the EU or it looks like he has sold out.

So, expect the worst but with the EU getting all the blame because they won't lower their standards or bend the rules for one country.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Without getting to technical, it was pretty obvious to many that " Frictionless Trade " was a pipe dream from the off. Johnson can't accept any alignment with the EU or it looks like he has sold out.

So, expect the worst but with the EU getting all the blame because they won't lower their standards or bend the rules for one country.
The truth is though that that isn't sustainable for too long.

Eventually, and quicker than he possibly thinks, he'll need better than an 'Australia' (no-)deal.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All but the most idiotic of Brexiteers have realised they’ve been had. Not even Johnson is presenting Brexit as anything else but a chance for him and his yes men to cash in.

The mask is off.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
[TWEET]1227906931450425344[/TWEET]

In my experience that airport has been badly run for many years - well before we voted to leave the EU. Always long queues for immigration and security. Not helped by the fact they use G4S for their security.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
In my experience that airport has been badly run for many years - well before we voted to leave the EU. Always long queues for immigration and security. Not helped by the fact they use G4S for their security.

Ah. You're back. I thought you had been so irritated by typical retainers who won't answer questions that you'd gone on another business trip.

Welcome, by the way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I foresee a lot of poorly run airports, getting a mention, over the coming months.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You're right, Schiphol is a badly run airport. What is so funny, is the comment that it isn't the Brexit he voted for. The sense of entitlement is hilarious.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I really can't see anything beyond the three options

1/ Soft Brexit with regulatory alignment

2/ No agreement and WTO

3̶/̶ ̶W̶i̶t̶h̶d̶r̶a̶w̶ ̶a̶r̶t̶i̶c̶l̶e̶ ̶5̶0̶

Shirley, any negotiation now will only be minor fine-tuning on one of the above