Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I know [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] would have posted this eventually but in case she doesn’t here’s something positive [emoji106]

Nissan says Brexit deal 'positive' and commits to UK https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55757930

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

how does it fit in with no deal is better then a bad deal?

It does expressly say under no deal they would have upped sticks, a drum your side were banging in 2020.

The weather vain of brexit opinion does a 360 in the pursuit of "éxactly what we voted for"

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
It's excellent news and hopefully goes someway to offsetting this (from the same article)

UK car investment has fallen sharply since the UK voted to leave the EU.

In the five years to 2016 it averaged £3.5bn per year. In the four years since it has averaged around £1bn - a fall of 71% at a time when the technology and map of car production are going through their biggest revolution since the car was invented.

it's great news compared against no deal, that allows you to see maintaining the status quo as success, and trade deals which are photocopies of the ones we already had vindicate a 200bn deficit and a divided country

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1352352805273657347[/TWEET]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Of course it's good news for the people of Sunderland that the Nissan factory is remaining open. It's just such a shame that thanks to Brexit Britain is now reduced from being able to improve things to clinging to the "good news" of things staying the same.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Of course it's good news for the people of Sunderland that the Nissan factory is remaining open. It's just such a shame that thanks to Brexit Britain is now reduced from being able to improve things to clinging to the "good news" of things staying the same.

Whilst I can’t prove it, it’s a shame that on a thread where people are falling over themselves to drop a link to anything remotely negative connected to Brexit that when something positive is linked this forms some sort of mild irritation to the perps! Of course they won’t admit it [emoji6]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Whilst I can’t prove it, it’s a shame that on a thread where people are falling over themselves to drop a link to anything remotely negative connected to Brexit that when something positive is linked this forms some sort of mild irritation to the perps! Of course they won’t admit it [emoji6]

If you really think that Remainers want *any* businesses to close or jobs to be lost due to Brexit, and as such are suffering from "mild irritation" as a result, you're presuming everyone is as mean-spirited as you are. I'll keep posting the negative impacts of Brexit because people like you denied they even existed, I take no pleasure in proving you or any other Brexiter wrong, I just don't bury my head in the sand and pretend everything's brilliant, this impacts all of us and it's on your head, not ours.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
it's great news compared against no deal, that allows you to see maintaining the status quo as success, and trade deals which are photocopies of the ones we already had vindicate a 200bn deficit and a divided country

If the UK has got its way on rules of origin the percentage would have been lower than 55%.

Has the EU effectively stopped the UK from shooting itself in the face?

The future for electric cars is if there isn't an EU/UK manufactured battery, then manufacturing in the UK manufacturing isn't viable. Hopefully, BMW, Toyota etc will now follow Nissans lead....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you really think that Remainers want *any* businesses to close or jobs to be lost due to Brexit, and as such are suffering from "mild irritation" as a result, you're presuming everyone is as mean-spirited as you are. I'll keep posting the negative impacts of Brexit because people like you denied they even existed, I take no pleasure in proving you or any other Brexiter wrong, I just don't bury my head in the sand and pretend everything's brilliant, this impacts all of us and it's on your head, not ours.

Well said. I’m pleased for the Nissan workers.
CR, don’t judge everyone by your own attitude.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

The reply I was expecting [emoji106]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well said. I’m pleased for the Nissan workers.
CR, don’t judge everyone by your own attitude.

Does seem bizarre when JC, CR etc. think we are all craving schadenfreude, its a bizarre assumption.

Johnson did say everything would be the same trade wise after we left so we are all pleased in this instance the status quo is maintained.

It goes without saying I've always feared for this sector, I'm very pleased at the news.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Genuine question about the Brexit deal

Move along the bus please,absolutely nothing to see here.
d6a5fd4811f8b657e92ef592d0b64524.jpg

[emoji636]born to win.

https://twitter.com/amandeepbhogal/status/1352528102849720320?s=21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The future for electric cars is if there isn't an EU/UK manufactured battery, then manufacturing in the UK manufacturing isn't viable. Hopefully, BMW, Toyota etc will now follow Nissans lead....

You’re ellipses at the end of your sentence speaks volumes, Schadenfreude you say?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What’s my attitude then?

Assuming what others should and shouldn’t be posting. You tagged me here on this subject, but you’ve also done to dark wolf on the vaccine priority thread.
You post your news & opinions, and allow others to post theirs.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

You are right; you can't prove it. That's because it isn't true.
Remain posters have been exhorting people to post good Brexit news since the beginning of January. Why would they be irritated when it actually happens? It's just that good Brexit news is scarce and dispiriting Brexit news abounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here