Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eye on the Championship 9/4/16

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's difficult to see many points being dropped by the top teams this weekend, although Sheffield Wednesday's game might prove to be a banana skin.

Burnley v Leeds (12:30)
Bristol City v Sheff Wed
Derby v Bolton
Fulham v Cardiff
Huddersfield v Hull
Ipswich v Brentford
Middlesbrough v Preston
MK Dons v Rotherham
QPR v Charlton
Reading v Birmingham
Wolves v Blackburn

Current sequences:

Wins: Sheffield Wednesday - 4, Middlesbrough - 3
Defeats: Bolton - 4, MK Dons and Forest - both 3
Since a win: Bolton - 10, Birmingham, MK Dons and Forest - all 5
Since a draw: Blackburn - 12, Brentford - 10, Middlesbrough - 9
Since a loss: Burnley - 17, Albion - 8, Rotherham - 7
Since a clean sheet: Bolton - 16, Fulham and Huddersfield - both 8

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 10.43.02.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's difficult to see many points being dropped by the top teams this weekend, although Sheffield Wednesday's game might prove to be a banana skin.
We're not competing against Derby or Sheffield. 3 important games tomorrow.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Burnley v Leeds (12:30)
Bristol City v Sheff Wed
Derby v Bolton
Fulham v Cardiff
Huddersfield v Hull
Ipswich v Brentford
Middlesbrough v Preston
MK Dons v Rotherham
QPR v Charlton
Reading v Birmingham
Wolves v Blackburn
An accumulator on the six emboldened teams to all win must be a practical certainty to come in.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Banker three points for Burnley. Can't see Leeds' centre backs coping with the pace of Grey and subsequent corner bombardment.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're not competing against Derby or Sheffield. 3 important games tomorrow.

Maybe, but as I see us the outsiders of the 3/4 pushing for automatics, I still very much have an interest in the play-offs shake up.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I have a feeling that Burnley and Hull will both drop points.

Whilst Preston do have the 6th-best away record in the division, I can't see them doing us a favour on this occasion.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As we know, Preston in defensive mode are a tough nut to crack. I suspect they will revert to their ultra-cautious approach given the opposition and their relatively poor run recently.

You never quite know which Leeds will turn up, but we know Burnley have struggled recently (3 straight draws) so it may not be straightforward.

PG (ever the optimist)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a lovely little run of home games Boro are in the middle of - Huddersfield, Preston, Reading. Huddersfield have already been dispatched, really can't see them getting anything other than 9 points out of 9 there, that's fallen VERY nicely for them hasn't it. I guess the Reading game was re-arranged due to their cup run.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Being 17 points away from safety currently, Bolton look set to be relegated this weekend.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I believe one of Burnley or Boro will drop points this weekend. Preston are really on a roll at the moment.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As an aside, it's unfortunate Burnley play after us on 2nd May. It could be a significant advantage to know what they have to do in their penultimate match.

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
I believe that it will all come down to Burnley v Middlesborough and Middlesborough against us - points will most likely be dropped by all three of us in the run in but those two games will be the automatic deciders!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A perfect example of why the championship is so good. On the face of it Burnley, Boro and Hull should all be heavily favoured to win, however each of their opponents offers a sliver of hope to those of us looking for a slip up. Leeds are well err.... Leeds a terrible team that can occasionally muster an annoying fighting spirit. Preston have it in them to frustrate Boro for a while at least (if not thewhole 90), and Hudds play some decent football and Hull seem to be all over the shop.

I do expect Burnley and Boro to win, their firepower up front should be enough to see off tricky opponents, but you never know.....consider that straw well and truly clutched!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe, but as I see us the outsiders of the 3/4 pushing for automatics, I still very much have an interest in the play-offs shake up.
Outsiders of the 3, but not the 4. I'm just praying for top two still, so fully focused on the 3 games tomorrow. We'll probably be in the playoffs, but I don't need to care about what the rivals there get up to yet.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Outsiders of the 3, but not the 4. I'm just praying for top two still, so fully focused on the 3 games tomorrow. We'll probably be in the playoffs, but I don't need to care about what the rivals there get up to yet.

I wrote what I did because I knew that if I wrote "outsiders of the 3" someone would highlight that if Hull win tomorrow and we lose on Monday then they are three points behind with a game in hand and a better goal difference. Lots of ifs, I grant you, and I completely agree that I see us as having a better chance than them, but they're still not quite out of it.

In short: Boro and Burnley remain the clear favourites for the top two spots today. By Monday, who knows...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just seen that Burnley are 3/5 on to beat Leeds - blimey that's short (Leeds 6/1)

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Bozza;7355825 [B said:
Burnley[/B] v Leeds (12:30)
Bristol City v Sheff Wed
Derby v Bolton
Fulham v Cardiff
Huddersfield v Hull
Ipswich v Brentford
Middlesbrough v Preston
MK Dons v Rotherham
QPR v Charlton
Reading v Birmingham
Wolves v Blackburn

An accumulator on the six emboldened teams to all win must be a practical certainty to come in.

Well worth a punt just to lose :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here