Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zerbi kicking off

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, we should have sown up the game in the first half, but that’s not the point.
Well l think it kinda is the point actually. We spurned enough chances today to have won two or three games of football not just one, and that's with or without the referee's intervention. Sorry but to a large degree l think we have ourselves to blame

Incidentally Darren England was the referee for our recent 3-0 humbling of Liverpool. I don't recall too many moaning about him on here that day.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don't really want to get involved in all this, but what I would like to say, is I agree with all you say, I feel some of our fans were venting like Millwall fans, I thought he was as fair a ref as you can get, of course he could have kicked Fulham up the arse to keep play moving, but that is about it.
We have too many sore losers today if we had finished our chances today this ref would have gone unnoticed.
That I'm afraid is crap. We often comment on ref's win or lose. He didn't make us lose today but it didn't stop him from being useless.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I don't really want to get involved in all this, but what I would like to say, is I agree with all you say, I feel some of our fans were venting like Millwall fans, I thought he was as fair a ref as you can get, of course he could have kicked Fulham up the arse to keep play moving, but that is about it.
We have too many sore losers today if we had finished our chances today this ref would have gone unnoticed.
I don't disagree our failure to finish chances cost the game but the referee was very much noticed throughout all around where I sit, and I think people would be saying we'd won in spite of the ref had we done so, rather than him be unnoticed.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Well l think it kinda is the point actually. We spurned enough chances today to have won two or three games of football not just one, and that's with or without the referee's intervention. Sorry but to a large degree l think we have ourselves to blame

Incidentally Darren England was the referee for our recent 3-0 humbling of Liverpool. I don't recall too many moaning about him on here that day.
It was obvious that Fulham were using dark arts to ruin the game.
The ref didn’t get a grip on it. Same against Villa.
In Both cases, the extent to which that cost us the points is debatable.
But it’s just bad for football that it’s allowed.
Add it to the list of failings by PL refs.

Last edited:

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
That I'm afraid is crap. We often comment on ref's win or lose. He didn't make us lose today but it didn't stop him from being useless.
Sorry, you feel that, I thought he was okay as a ref, yes he should have clamped down on the time wasting and added on another minute or so.
I think can't name any big decisions he got wrong, many fans around me got them wrong though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry, you feel that, I thought he was okay as a ref, yes he should have clamped down on the time wasting and added on another minute or so.
I think can't name any big decisions he got wrong, many fans around me got them wrong though.
Pervis being fouled as he went towards their area, somehow unbeknown to the football World gave it the other way round for starters. March being kicked from behind but stayed on his feet, allowing them to attack.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How dare he call out a ref for yet another piss poor performance. Everyone should know by now that refs can underperform week in, week out and not be held accountable.
How much do refs get paid? I've been a useless **** for free for years, would be good if I could get paid for it.
They’re dealing with professional cheats.

Cheating is so endemic in the game, I actually think it’s impossible to officiate.

When you keep asking why are there so many bad officiating performances and you only conclude it’s the refs, you’re asking the wrong question.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020

Pervis being fouled as he went towards their area, somehow unbeknown to the football World gave it the other way round for starters. March being kicked from behind but stayed on his feet, allowing them to attack.
Sorry but it clear some feel we were robbed by the ref, I feel we were robbed by a excellent taken goal, a well organised Fulham outfit that came to sit deep, we did break them down enough times to win the match.
It was one of those days and in my view that the ref had no impact on this game, we can go back and find many far worst referees performances. We need to suck this one up I reckon.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
They’re dealing with professional cheats.

Cheating is so endemic in the game, I actually think it’s impossible to officiate.

When you keep asking why are there so many bad officiating performances and you only conclude it’s the refs, you’re asking the wrong question.
They refs themselves can start by adding on time properly. Their bosses can start by taking the incessant cheating seriously:
1. Retrospective yellow cards for blatant diving and obvious injury feigning (eg holding head when contact was elsewhere).
2. Immediate yellow card for dissent. Only the captain can talk to the ref
3. Bring back the moving of the kick 10 yards forward for each act of dissent.
4. Physios allowed to come on to pitch to treat players whilst play continues.

It's all solvable but there seems to be no will to do so.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They refs themselves can start by adding on time properly. Their bosses can start by taking the incessant cheating seriously:
1. Retrospective yellow cards for blatant diving and obvious injury feigning (eg holding head when contact was elsewhere).
2. Immediate yellow card for dissent. Only the captain can talk to the ref
3. Bring back the moving of the kick 10 yards forward for each act of dissent.
4. Physios allowed to come on to pitch to treat players whilst play continues.

It's all solvable but there seems to be no will to do so.
Agree, those in charge have a lot to answer for, but it’s clear where the power lies and it’s not the refs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here