Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zerbi kicking off

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not only did the ref lose control of the game, he was also complicit in disrupting the flow of the game.
Giving bizarre decisions and dragging the game back when we were keen to crack on.
I suspect it was this that RDZ was peeved at.
You’re absolutely correct. And @Luke93 is correct - you had to watch that live to realise how bad he was and clueless to their time wasting. 2 mins for an injury then let Leno walk 30 yards over to the injured player at the end of the treatment to waste another 30 secs. Go down and hold head. Yet amazingly didn’t even look when he knew Mitoma was down holding his head. Absolutely shocking performance. And yes, we’ve had loads this season, and yes, many on here point it out even when we win.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Watched the highlights, twice ref stopped play when a Fulham player went down,but they were not head injuries. Mitoma was a shirt pull
Was the Mitoma shirt pull when he played advantage and then didn't pull the play back when there was clearly no advantage ? Thought Lampty had a shirt pull too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How were we done by the ref ? And how is it that every time we don't win it's the referees fault ?

I saw us done by a sucker punch from the opposition.

As for players going down, I saw that happen three times at least with ours.

Maybe there should have been a couple of minutes extra. But if I analyse the match faults for the Albion the ref is not mitigation.
This. Can't be arsed to read the rest of the thread. The timewasting today was no where near as bad as Villa's. But we fell for it again. Refs don't score goals. Or concede them. Players need to be smarter.

By that I mean players need to not fall asleep, fluff posession, and gift the opposition a goal.

That was the significant bit of unprofessionalism today. The ref was shit but that's not why we lost.

Yes, the referee was a dick, and I emoted during the game. He stopped play 3 or 4 times when Foolham players fell over, off the ball, crying, but when one of ours (Estupinan I think) was fouled and left lying on the ground he played on.

But....to be fair, when we won the ball back, we played on....instead of booting the ball out, all angry, like.

No we were done over today by a bit of bad luck plus some naivety and carelessness.

Next!

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Presume he misses one match Stoke? good to see him passionate and calling it for what is was unacceptable reffing - he blew for stoppage when a Fulham player went down the ball was out of play gone for throw in but re-started with drop ball absolute clown of ref

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The ref was terrible. Yet again another sub par official and I am getting annoyed with it. It’s just not good enough. The ref apologists on here are a joke.
Completely agree mate. And please keep sticking to your find on the Albion Roar as it’s refreshing! Find myself nodding along to your positivity - I feel exactly the same about the palace game as you and I am usually pessimistically nervous…! Today was totally unjust and we all know it

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This. Can't be arsed to read the rest of the thread. The timewasting today was no where near as bad as Villa's. But we fell for it again. Refs don't score goals. Or concede them. Players need to be smarter.

By that I mean players need to not fall asleep, fluff posession, and gift the opposition a goal.

That was the significant bit of unprofessionalism today. The ref was shit but that's not why we lost.

Yes, the referee was a dick, and I emoted during the game. He stopped play 3 or 4 times when Foolham players fell over, off the ball, crying, but when one of ours (Estupinan I think) was fouled and left lying on the ground he played on.

But....to be fair, when we won the ball back, we played on....instead of booting the ball out, all angry, like.

No we were done over today by a bit of bad luck plus some naivety and carelessness.

Next!
A lot of bad luck. A lot.

Seagull99

Late to the party
Sep 14, 2020
Seems like even the Fulham fans agree the ref was awful and they got away with a lot of time wasting.

From their forum:

"Brutal bloodthirsty last minute smash and grab
World record for the number of players lying down pretending they were dead
Worst Referee performance of the year"

Sums it up quite well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seems like even the Fulham fans agree the ref was awful and they got away with a lot of time wasting.

From their forum:

"Brutal bloodthirsty last minute smash and grab
World record for the number of players lying down pretending they were dead
Worst Referee performance of the year"

Sums it up quite well.
I heard them singing ‘You’re not fit to referee’ when a decision went against them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’re absolutely correct. And @Luke93 is correct - you had to watch that live to realise how bad he was and clueless to their time wasting. 2 mins for an injury then let Leno walk 30 yards over to the injured player at the end of the treatment to waste another 30 secs. Go down and hold head. Yet amazingly didn’t even look when he knew Mitoma was down holding his head. Absolutely shocking performance. And yes, we’ve had loads this season, and yes, many on here point it out even when we win.
Do you think this is how it is in the EPL, that it is just bad luck and the swings and roundabouts will turn, or that it is a conspiracy?

And what do you think can be done about it?

I a uncertain, but favour 1 and 2.
A lot of bad luck. A lot.
It can be only that, or it would be a conspiracy. I don't think the refs have the brains to organize a conspiracy...perhaps I'm wrong.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It wasn't quite as cut and dried as you describe it. True the refereeing wasn't very good, he certainly did very little about the constant time wasting, but if a player goes down with a supposed head injury, in the modern climate the ref is pretty much honour bound to stop the game, ( sods law dictates that on the one occasion he waves play on and doesn't get the player assistance, will prove to be the one occasion that the injury proves serious. )

May l also point out that we created more than enough chances to win the game, yet managed to spurn them all.
Perhaps he recognises he's being played and makes a point of making the player wait on the sidelines for a good few minutes. Not waive him straight on to sprint up the pitch immediately.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
That was one of the most bizarre decisions I have ever seen! Pervis fouling the Fulham player by shoving his neck into his hand.
Its a strong neck - could have seriously damaged his hand. Makes sense.....

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
We could've been a bit smarter near the end, staying onside for sure, but the ref was still shocking.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Well l think it kinda is the point actually. We spurned enough chances today to have won two or three games of football not just one, and that's with or without the referee's intervention. Sorry but to a large degree l think we have ourselves to blame

Incidentally Darren England was the referee for our recent 3-0 humbling of Liverpool. I don't recall too many moaning about him on here that day.
Incidently Liverpool didn't time waste, feign injury and take the piss out of the ref. Which is why no one was berating him for being week and a complete mug.

Is it that difficult to comprehend?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Getting back to De Zerbi's red card.. Love his passion and watching him do his thing on the sideline, but now he/we miss how many games? 1 or 3 games? Anyone know?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The referee was incompetent beyond belief, how on earth can you give a handball against a Fulham player who had his back to him so he could never have seen if the ball hit the players hand

Last edited:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Pervis grabbed by the throat - no foul.

Solly, studs raked down the side of his leg - no foul.

Mitoma, blatant shirt pull in the box, no penalty.

Fulham player falls over clutching his head - let's stop the flow of the game in case the poor dear is hurt.

No wonder Roberto thinks he wasted his time talking to Mr Webb.
Not strictly true. Wasn’t a foul awarded against Pervis?

I might have missed the fine detail. I was too busy exploding at the time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't really want to get involved in all this, but what I would like to say, is I agree with all you say, I feel some of our fans were venting like Millwall fans, I thought he was as fair a ref as you can get, of course he could have kicked Fulham up the arse to keep play moving, but that is about it.
We have too many sore losers today if we had finished our chances today this ref would have gone unnoticed.
I thought the ref was ok in the first half - he stopped play for head injuries and got a couple of minor decisions wrong. But the second half was one of the worst Premier league refereeing performances I've ever seen. He made several blatant mistakes and as soon as the Fulham players realised they could break up play at will by going to ground, he facilitated it. Every single time.

The game needs to be looking at reasons why our very best refs are so poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here