Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zerbi kicking off

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Mine also, I am not disputing that the refereeing was crap. It was, as were the tactics employed by Fulham. But we have been watching this game long enough to know that sometimes/often this is what we are up against.

Yet for the last two games we have chosen to focus on this instead of the short comings of our team.

I say this is a waste of time and energy and we are better off trying to address our deficiencies and get better.
Are you a first team coach?! Pretty sure the training pitch will have a different focus to nsc...

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Don’t really understand what he’s complaining about so much? We were done fair and square.

Suppose some will say it’s passion but a littl bit embarassing?
Seriously ? you call the reffing at todays game fair and square , the man who was embarrassing was Darren England , bloody useless . If RDZ saw it necessary to say something then it proves the point , he was defending them in his presser for pete`s sake . The most embarrassing thing is a ref red carding a Manager in the tunnel , what a coward .

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Mine also, I am not disputing that the refereeing was crap. It was, as were the tactics employed by Fulham. But we have been watching this game long enough to know that sometimes/often this is what we are up against.

Yet for the last two games we have chosen to focus on this instead of the short comings of our team.

I say this is a waste of time and energy and we are better off trying to address our deficiencies and get better.
This sounds a lot like take the positives and look to improve next week? Graham? Is that you? Have we finally discovered your burner isn’t actually swansman.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It's all a little bit bizarre isn't it?

If we do our job in front of goal, in both games, we're sitting pretty in 5th on 40 points tonight, with a game in hand to be in a Champions League spot.

In fact we didn't even need to do a full job in those games, doing half a job with our finishing would have yielded a six-point haul.

Yes, the refereeing today was questionable but if we do our job - "control the controllables" - then we boo the ref as he leaves the pitch at the end of the game, before continuing our celebrations.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's all a little bit bizarre isn't it?

If we do our job in front of goal, in both games, we're sitting pretty in 5th on 40 points tonight, with a game in hand to be in a Champions League spot.

In fact we didn't even need to do a full job in those games, doing half a job with our finishing would have yielded a six-point haul.

Yes, the refereeing today was questionable but if we do our job - "control the controllables" - then we boo the ref off as he leaves the pitch at the end of the game, before continuing our celebrations.

Quite. Control the controllables is spot on, there is no benefit from raging against the ref. In fact we have now made our next game (or which ever one he misses) more difficult.

How were we done by the ref ? And how is it that every time we don't win it's the referees fault ?

I saw us done by a sucker punch from the opposition.

As for players going down, I saw that happen three times at least with ours.

Maybe there should have been a couple of minutes extra. But if I analyse the match faults for the Albion the ref is not mitigation.
I meant done throughout the match, not by the end result.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
They’re dealing with professional cheats.

Cheating is so endemic in the game, I actually think it’s impossible to officiate.

When you keep asking why are there so many bad officiating performances and you only conclude it’s the refs, you’re asking the wrong question.
Not sure I am asking the wrong the question.
If, as you say, cheating is endemic, then the refs have allowed this to happen with their ineptitude, therefore the refs are to blame.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
We all know we lack an elite striker who would make a difference in those sort of games. But I also think we’re often ‘too nice’ in how we manage referees. I’m quite pleased RDZ is making our case, but who’s doing it on the pitch? Lots of sides would have been in the ref’s face today, and it would have made a difference. It shouldn’t, and if the refs were better, it wouldn’t. But they’re awful and so we need to play the cards we’re dealt and get in their face imho.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agreed. Our final ball into the box and weak finishing cost us today, and going Gung Ho when we might have protected a point didn’t help. Continuing to play high risk football when Webster and Estupinan had been replaced by attacking players was an accident waiting to happen.
De Zerbi didn’t do us any favours, getting too wrapped up in what’s happening in and around him.
Let's just play for a draw at home then, rather than a win.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We all know we lack an elite striker who would make a difference in those sort of games. But I also think we’re often ‘too nice’ in how we manage referees. I’m quite pleased RDZ is making our case, but who’s doing it on the pitch? Lots of sides would have been in the ref’s face today, and it would have made a difference. It shouldn’t, and if the refs were better, it wouldn’t. But they’re awful and so we need to play the cards we’re dealt and get in their face imho.
I am glad we don't, disrespect is a massive problem across football. We have a thread about it on here. I am glad that we are doing things the right way. Of course it is a shame that other don't follow suit and help to solve the problem but I am glad that we are being the change we want to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here